Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sharing 25 years of dating wisdom...

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Unknown Don
Greetings to all my fellow Dons.
I am a longtime lurker. I may have posted 2 or 3 times in the past. A few days ago I turned 40 and tonight I was just thinking about past relationships..the things that went right, the things that went wrong, and the outright disasters.

A little background. I'm a reasonably well-off, college-educated white male, 6'0" in good shape (have been all my life). I've been married once for 5 years, divorced for 3. I went through my AFC phase in my late teens, but I was fortunate enough to snap out of it by the time I was 20...from then on it was smooth sailing.

I've been reading many of the articles and message threads here. I agree with quite a bit, but I think there are some areas that need a little fleshing out and amplification. So I'd like to share some of my observations in no particular order:

1) No matter how good-looking a woman is, she will always become boring (particularly sexually) with time. The boredom accelerates if the relationship becomes domestic (living together, marriage, etc.)

2) Men remain in boring relationships out of sentimentality or financial convenience...but rarely fear.

3) Over the long run, the periods that men are without a partner and frustrated are generally happier than being stuck in a relationship which has lost its luster.

4) Women generally do the selecting in the earliest phases of a relationship. Once a woman has committed herself emotionally, the balance of power shifts to the man (assuming he has some degree of self-confidence).

5) Contrary to the myth that "looks don't matter" to women, physical attraction may be the primary and key deciding factor for a woman. However, it is difficult to determine just what will be physically attractive to any particular female. Even though men also value looks, they are far more willing to initially compromise on looks in the pursuit of sex.

6) If a woman is initially physically attracted to a man, there is very little he can do wrong on a first date.

7) If a woman is not initially physically attracted to a man, there is very little he can do right on a first date.

8) Always pay attention to a woman's actions. If she says she likes you but will not respond to kissing or touching, then she doesn't like you. Move on immediately.

9) Just like there are many men who are simply *******s, the same goes for women. If a woman is rude or inconsiderate in the first few dates, move on immediately - it will not get better with time.

10) Any strange psychological problems, drug problems or baggage....move on immediately - it will not get better with time.

11) All women have the same body parts. Don't obsess over one particular female based on appearance. It's a waste of life.

12) The vast majority of men get rejected much more often than they seal the deal. If you are rejected you are simply shooting par. Relax.

13) Above all, women crave attention. Women want to date rock stars not because they find the man himself exciting, but because they find the thought of sharing the limelight exciting. Ask any young girl what she wants to be. Top answers: model, actress, singer.

14) The sad truth is that we can only truly know ourselves. A wonderful woman you marry today and trust completely may change radically over the course of time to become your most vicious enemy. There is absolutely no way to predict this or stop this from happening. It is, ultimately, a matter of chance.

15) There are far more available women out there than you think.

16) Humans are generally not very good at monogamy. Most men in long-term relationships cheat to varying degrees, and a great number of women do as well. It's simply a matter of biology. If you discover that your significant other had an affair, the best course of action may sometimes be to take the high road and let it go.

17) Never, never, never be afraid to approach a female. To reiterate: they all have the same body parts, and they are all composed of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and trace elements. There isn't a single woman on Earth who is "above" you, no matter what her affectations and social pretenses.

18) Women tend to be far more pragmatic about relationships than men.

19) Unconditional love is a nice sentiment, but does not generally apply to male/female relationships. It does however, almost always apply to female/child, and to a slightly lesser extent, male/child relationships.

20) Never become financially entangled with a female. If you decide to marry, do not even think of doing so without a prenuptial agreement. This is common practice in Europe, however there is still a social stigma attached to these agreements in the U.S.

21) Sex is generally overrated. The amount of effort expended in obtaining it vs. the payoff is absurd.

22) If a woman in a relationship begins to lose interest, it is usually impossible to regain it. The feelings you are having of confusion and fear mean something...trust your gut and move on immediately.

23) After breakups, men usually tend to forget about the sexual boredom and once again find their past girlfriends exciting.

24) If a woman has not gained some form of emotional stability by the time she is her mid-twenties, then it is too late. Move on immediately.

25) Avoid women with a large number of pets or women who pay unusual amounts of attention to their pets.

26) Most first-time marriages fail. Consider that if you decide to get married, there is better than a coin-flip chance that you will be divorced. If any other civil contract had as high a failure rate, Congress would outlaw it. The world has changed dramatically in the last three or four decades and many people have postponed marriage until much later in life, or simply never get married.

27) If you do decide to get married, remember that it IS a contract - one that you can't get out of without a great deal of expense and pain. Never be sentimental about marriage. Love is only one piece of the pie. You may love a woman terribly, but you may also be unable to deal with her in everyday affairs and money matters.

28) Avoid women with addictions, particularly the "big three": nicotine, alcohol, and born-again Christianity.

29) Never avoid discussing something that bothers you out of fear of losing the relationship. Most relationships will - sooner or later - be lost anyway. It's better to stand up for yourself early on.

30) Always keep the ego in check. If a woman you are approaching for the first time is rude or obnoxious, simply go away. Tossing an insult or scathingly witty comment back simply demonstrates that your self-confidence is far lower than hers. Always, always, always take the higher road. This doesn't mean be a pushover, it means you bend with the wind (kind of a Zen thing!) The best way to disarm an obnoxious female is to treat her with courtesy and respect.

31) There is an inverse relationship between self-confidence and concern with what others think of you.

32) Self-confident men desire sex, but don't dwell on it.

33) Most reasonable, normal women will make it clear if they are attracted to you or not very early on. Period. If you have difficulty reading a woman's motives, or find yourself dwelling on what she meant by something she said, or you can't seem to pin down a date then move on immediately.

Bump.

Original post deserves a complete re-read.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
34) Nearly all males on this site over age 35 like myself, the Unknown Don have failed at the most important thing in our life a LTR. We are alone an bitter, so our advice while offering valuable insight, essentially comes from a loser at relationships.

If your looking for advice from a man who has been happily married for 25 years or more, you won't find them here. Bitter divorce guys will be all you'll find. There still hope for the teenage masses who take up most of the forum here, however. Good Luck to you.

The Bitter Unknown Don

Last edited:

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm afraid I really don't think #14 is a legible piece of advice, nor is it true. But, at 16, what do I know? I don't want a discussion about it, just my 2 cents :)
Most of the rest seems spot on, however, excellent thing you've done by handing down some life experience advice of your very own, as an older member of the forum here, very appreciated :)

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS, what he's saying is that someone that you love today may change after marriage and become someone you hate. This could happen for any number of reasons, most likely financial reasons or some sort of addiction to drugs or alchohol or even for her cheating on you or vice versa. Basically, like you said what do you know, when you get older you'll see how much things can change in short amounts of time, let alone over decades. I know this, and I'm not old at all.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Unknown Don this is one terrific post. This is the golden stuff I look for when I come here. It sure makes my day. I wrote a few posts about NLP, De Angelo, various dating books. Your experiences is like gold!!!
:)

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
17) Never, never, never be afraid to approach a female. To reiterate: they all have the same body parts, and they are all composed of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and trace elements. There isn't a single woman on Earth who is "above" you, no matter what her affectations and social pretenses.

Five stars

miniPIMPIN

Banned
Reaction score
The Unknown Don said:
28) Avoid women with addictions, particularly the "big three": nicotine, alcohol, and born-again Christianity.

thats bullsh!t. there is nothin wrong with christians. im a christian and i know from experience that not all of us are die hard christians that dont have sex before marriage and take sh!t to extremes... these are the type of women that most likely wont cheat ur a$$ and most likely have a future...

DharmaBear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally, a great post. A have a question about this one, though:

Avoid women with a large number of pets or women who pay unusual amounts of attention to their pets.

Anyone have feedback about this? Does this one make sense? And, if so, why? I've heard this before, but I don't know the wisdom or evidence behind it.

Anyone have feedback about this?

-Dharma

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
bumped

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the best posts on the site. True wisdom.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of guys can't grasp #15. I see too many threads along the lines of "she has a BF but I want/need her" Do not waste your oxygen, move along.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No doubt the OP has experiance and raises many good points but I found the post a bit negative.

The unknown Don said:
5) Contrary to the myth that "looks don't matter" to women, physical attraction may be the primary and key deciding factor for a woman. However, it is difficult to determine just what will be physically attractive to any particular female. Even though men also value looks, they are far more willing to initially compromise on looks in the pursuit of sex.

6) If a woman is initially physically attracted to a man, there is very little he can do wrong on a first date.

7) If a woman is not initially physically attracted to a man, there is very little he can do right on a first date.

25) Avoid women with a large number of pets or women who pay unusual amounts of attention to their pets
In 5 its always thought that women would compromise on looks more than men. He does say the initial stage though so thats open to debate.

6 and 7 make no sense. If he said an attractive woman could do no wrong and and unattractive woman could do no right then that would have made more sense.

Re 25, I've always thought women who like animals are more caring. Maybe there are extremes?

Helter Skelter said:
34) Nearly all males on this site over age 35 like myself, the Unknown Don have failed at the most important thing in our life a LTR. We are alone an bitter, so our advice while offering valuable insight, essentially comes from a loser at relationships.

If your looking for advice from a man who has been happily married for 25 years or more, you won't find them here. Bitter divorce guys will be all you'll find. There still hope for the teenage masses who take up most of the forum here, however. Good Luck to you.

The Bitter Unknown Don
Theres truth in what your saying. The person who has had great relationships would be the wiser I'd imagine.

MotownMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In 5 its always thought that women would compromise on looks more than men. He does say the initial stage though so thats open to debate.
Actually, he said "initially" on all of them, really. And I think you picked up on the key, because long term, you can definitely screw it up no matter how attracted they may have been in beginning.

In 6 and 7, he said "on the first date." IOW, you'll be able to get away with more if they are sitting across the table from you wanting to jump your bones. However, it's a little redundant, since you can pretty much say that of most people, of either sex. You're going to get a little more "wiggle room" if the person finds you more attractive-it's not wrong, but it applies to both sexes.

And I know the post is old, but woman who initially posted said it's more important to women than it is too men, which is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have read on the site in my short stay. Not surprisingly, it came from a woman. I suspect she thought it gave her more credibility, that she was admitting to something shallow, but the fact is that there is no way that woman value looks more than men, and we all no it. Which underscores the prime importance that brought most of us here-what a woman says and what a woman truly responds to, are two extremely different concepts. With some exceptions, I stopped listening to general advice from women regarding what they want- a long time about.

catnip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whould like more info on the many pets. As Dharma asked, any reasons other then the attention drain.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Blaaah blaaah, so how do you get a date with an attractive girl then? Lets at least have help on that part before philosophising over how dates go bad or good. And yes they usually flake when I get their number beause my social status isn't high enough as I'm an ethnic minority.

MM