Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sex drive and the mature man

LateBloomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
How much does sex drive decline with age? Presumabely there comes a time with all men eventually where the desire for sex gives way to desire for companionship and relationships are preferred to casual sex partners.

Im not that far off thirty and currently Id say I can manage once a night, twice at a push, and the next day Im a lot less interested in sex. Quite possibly I have some medical problems related to stress and depression which could be suppressing my sex drive, but Im interested what is considered normal for a 27 year old and how that will change as I am older.

Growing up in my supposed sexual prime, I did not have a lot of sex, so it is my intention to catch up in my 30s once Ive got a lot better with women. Obviously it will not be as a good as if I had my shyt together throughout my 20s but can guys give me some indication what their sex lives were like in their 30s so I know what I have to look forwards to.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LateBloomer said:
How much does sex drive decline with age? Presumabely there comes a time with all men eventually where the desire for sex gives way to desire for companionship and relationships are preferred to casual sex partners.

Im not that far off thirty and currently Id say I can manage once a night, twice at a push, and the next day Im a lot less interested in sex. Quite possibly I have some medical problems related to stress and depression which could be suppressing my sex drive, but Im interested what is considered normal for a 27 year old and how that will change as I am older.

Growing up in my supposed sexual prime, I did not have a lot of sex, so it is my intention to catch up in my 30s once Ive got a lot better with women. Obviously it will not be as a good as if I had my shyt together throughout my 20s but can guys give me some indication what their sex lives were like in their 30s so I know what I have to look forwards to.

My desire for a relationship and companionship has greatly increased since I passed 35. But I would not say my sex drive has diminished since that time.

It all means that I have played enough in my younger days and want something stable and as drama free as possible. I am getting closer to forty and I don't want the hassles of spinning too many plates, but I am really starting to reconsider this and think it will be better for me.

When I hit 35, my sex drive went straight through the room man. It could be because of this hot oneitis I was seeing at the time. Since that time, not much of a decrease though.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, my sex drive isn't lower;just the level of BS I'm willing to put up with to "get some". Put up with much less even for a ONS

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
Well, my sex drive isn't lower;just the level of BS I'm willing to put up with to "get some". Put up with much less even for a ONS

Absofvckinglutely and well said!!!!!! The older you get, the older the games get. I am not going to jump through a bunch of hoops for a$$ anymore.

Peace of mind or piece off a$$..... you decide.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be 53 this May, and I can say in all honesty that my sex drive is through the roof. No different from when I was in my early twenties.

Lol, I remember when I was 19 this 35 year-old business owner was telling us young bucks how his sex drive was still the same as when he was young. I rolled my eyes and said to myself, "yeah, sure".

Much to my surprise, I'm still just as horny now as when I was a kid. It is very true, though, that when you get older you don't put up with any crap from women. It isn't worth it. Sometimes I read the experiences of the young guys here and my heart goes out to them because they have limited life experience and in today's society, most women in that age bracket have their heads completely up their a$$es. It was hard enough when I was that young. Nowadays you younger guys are dealing with even more insanity than I had to deal with back then.

Take heart, youngsters. Normally, the sex drive stays right up there as you get older (of course there are exceptions), and you will gain more confidence and be much more able to pick and choose your prey.

LateBloomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Atom that is interesting. I hope my sex drive is as good as yours when Im in my 50s.

I have read that men's refractory periods increase with age. Whereas a twenty year old may be able to have sex five or six times a night and regain an erection easily, an older man may only be able to manage once or twice a night and have to wait a lot longer to regain an erection.

Have you noticed this at all?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Late Bloomer,
I can honestly say whilst the drive is certainly diminished...How much Svx do you have time for?...The beauty is that as you age,you can perform for much longer without going to the top,if that's what you chose...These Days I would like Svx twice a Day...I pay the price of not living with a Woman and perform 4-5 times a week...It is time and the limitations of the Female that restrict me...There are a couple of caveats,firstly if for some reason there is a drought then keep your pipes flushed at least daily,I find the Playboy book of Centrefolds useful,I also eat very well,do my Kegals and exercise maybe two hours a Day...Like Sodbuster,you become impatient with the way Women carry on but the funny thing is,as you age they come to you.
Though I don't stray much these days I usually have three or four plates spinning,like little pots simmering away on the stove top....Dancing has been my key and provides a legitimate,quite respectable hands on way to approach Women,and ask them out for a cheap evening.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Late Bloomer,
Our Letters crossed I missed your last one...."Whereas a twenty year old may be able to have sex five or six times a night".....Oh Mate I have only ever done that a few times in my life,sounds like bluddy hard work....These days it takes maybe three hours to want to get going again....if my current Lady doesn't go to Vorgasm,we will have a Pit Stop,a few Liqueurs,a snack and watch a Video,which will sometimes invigorate her for an Intermission permance.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I'll be 53 this May, and I can say in all honesty that my sex drive is through the roof. No different from when I was in my early twenties..
Agreed ! It diminishes in some men and goes UP in others. The common belief that men peak at 19 years old is nonsense.

I agree also with Sodbuster about becomimg less tolerant of their mindless BS just to cop a feel.
As someone once said in a movie, " The screwing I'm getting, ain't worth the screwing I'm getting. "

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dupe post

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get into weight lifting, it'll fix your stress issue and your sex drive will go through the roof.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I'll be 53 this May, and I can say in all honesty that my sex drive is through the roof. No different from when I was in my early twenties.

Lol, I remember when I was 19 this 35 year-old business owner was telling us young bucks how his sex drive was still the same as when he was young. I rolled my eyes and said to myself, "yeah, sure".

Much to my surprise, I'm still just as horny now as when I was a kid. It is very true, though, that when you get older you don't put up with any crap from women. It isn't worth it. Sometimes I read the experiences of the young guys here and my heart goes out to them because they have limited life experience and in today's society, most women in that age bracket have their heads completely up their a$$es. It was hard enough when I was that young. Nowadays you younger guys are dealing with even more insanity than I had to deal with back then.

Take heart, youngsters. Normally, the sex drive stays right up there as you get older (of course there are exceptions), and you will gain more confidence and be much more able to pick and choose your prey.
Yeah but the problem is having the standards that prevent you from putting up with stupid bs when we're this young. I'm young (turning 21 in a few months) and still pretty inexperienced when it comes to having a lot of sex simply because I'm not a hoop jumper. You're right that we put up with a bunch of ridiculous stuff, and 'playing along' is necessary if you wanna get laid. But I can't bring myself to play along most of the time.

The trouble is being 30 in the future but still being the 'im inexperienced' guy, even if the reason you are inexperienced is because you chose to be.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I turned 51 this past Friday and my sex drive is actually stronger.

As Jitterbug pointed out about lifting weights this I believe has alot to do with it as it keeps the stress under control and keeps the testostrone well balanced.

Powerlifter

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LateBloomer said:
Hey Atom that is interesting. I hope my sex drive is as good as yours when Im in my 50s.

I have read that men's refractory periods increase with age. Whereas a twenty year old may be able to have sex five or six times a night and regain an erection easily, an older man may only be able to manage once or twice a night and have to wait a lot longer to regain an erection.

Have you noticed this at all?
No, I haven't but I've never really been one for going more than once or twice. Even in my late teens and twenties, I wasn't intrerested in amy more than that. I had more important sh!t to do.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterMcGee said:
Yeah but the problem is having the standards that prevent you from putting up with stupid bs when we're this young. I'm young (turning 21 in a few months) and still pretty inexperienced when it comes to having a lot of sex simply because I'm not a hoop jumper. You're right that we put up with a bunch of ridiculous stuff, and 'playing along' is necessary if you wanna get laid. But I can't bring myself to play along most of the time.

The trouble is being 30 in the future but still being the 'im inexperienced' guy, even if the reason you are inexperienced is because you chose to be.
I'm feelin' what you're saying, brother. I wish I had an answer for you. Like I said, the girls (I can't say women) in your age group are vapid and mindless in general, with perhaps a tiny number of exceptions. It wasn't so great when I was that age, but I can see that the situation has seriously deterorated. At that age I really couldn't play the game because I had very little respect for them. I had to sift through them all to find the occasional mature one.

Personally, I always held out for quality over quantity.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I'm feelin' what you're saying, brother. I wish I had an answer for you. Like I said, the girls (I can't say women) in your age group are vapid and mindless in general, with perhaps a tiny number of exceptions. It wasn't so great when I was that age, but I can see that the situation has seriously deterorated. At that age I really couldn't play the game because I had very little respect for them. I had to sift through them all to find the occasional mature one.

Personally, I always held out for quality over quantity.
Thanks for the understanding XD

Yeah nowadays everyone loves twilight, which is seriously red flag material.