Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seven years and all I got for it was this AWESOME life!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Fellow DJs,

This veteran poster, comic_relief, signing in and reporting in on how my life has gone since I began posting here.

I have hit a lowpoint in my motivation to get sh!t done. I am about to graduate from college and have to look back upon my life since sosuave and I realized that I have a really good life compared to 2003 and 2004. I got my goals realized when I first came into contact with sosuavian theorem.

When I began reading the articles on this site, I had my only goal of getting this one girl named Tina. I tried to get her by being the quintesential nice guy with oneitis by doing everything I could for her, but you know what it didn't work (surprise surprise, I know). I will also happily let everyone know that she was my last oneitis that I ever had either. I was also being bullied by fellow school mates. I had a long uphill battle.

In January 2004, I just typed into Yahoo search bar "How to get girls" and somehow found this site. I read everything in the hall of fame. I read for almost a complete year and continually did self-improvement. I read Pooks, Senor Fingers, Anti-Dump, and many others every night for hours on end, but I never got a date for that entire year.

I then said to myself, its time to act upon everything that I have learned about confidence. I completed out an application to a government program for smart teenagers and got accepted even though people told me not to do that because I was "dumb" and "a retard." I pushed through that wall and continued on my way to true "DJ-ness."

During the time of this government program, I got my first girlfriend (who I still keep in contact with to this day) in 2005. The goal when I first came here in 2004 was for me to get a girlfriend and I completed that.

she got me involved with the FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America). I not only went to the State Conference and got a "gold medal" but I also went to the National FCCLA Conference for free to win a "gold medal."

I also got accepted to college (a first for my family excluding online schools and community colleges) at a PA state school.

On October 2006, I broke up with my first girlfriend because we were just moving in different directions in life. I wanted a hotter girlfriend and she wanted me to be someone else. So we parted ways and I stayed single for a total of four months.

During my freshman year, I went and did stuff that I always wanted to do such as do white water rafting or jump off of waterfalls or go cave splunking. I also met some of the most amazing friends that I could ever ask for :) Around this time, I began to get the travel bug and wanting to do bicycle touring across the country. I read about it in a philosophy book and thought it sounded amazing.

Than in January 2007, I met my next girlfriend and I dated her for two years. She went through so much with me and I learned so much. We broke up in May 2009 and we are still best friends to this day (actually my roommate and she is dating one of my best friends. I set them up so its cool :woo: ).

During the time period I continued to do travelling and I did my first long distance bicycle tour. I did a 350 mile tour throughout Northeast Pennsylvania in the Pocono Mountains. I camped out and completed a small dream of mine that I had started 2 years prior.

At the end of my junior year, I found a new girl that I had a short fling with. Her best friend broke us up while she was drunk and decided to do a drunken psycho-analysis. Our relationship never survived that discussion (the one that got away :mad: ).

So after a month of sulking and trying to make it work, we officially broke it off, but that night I was helping move a roommate into our new apartment. She was looking good and we ended up hooking up. She became my fourth girlfriend that I had. That relationship was from summer 2010- February 2011.

This new girlfriend was very clingy and got on my nerves. So after the fun wore off and we attempted to get things to work. We broke it off entirely.

During our dating period though, I got to finally complete four years after it started the dream of doing a true cross-country bicycle tour. I went from Niagara Falls, NY to New Orleans, LA. I still consider it my grandest achievement that I have reached.

Now we are here, after a month of sulking because of the breakup. I got a new girl in my life and I am just moving on. I noticed some things though after contemplating my own life achievements and have some tips for those that are just starting out.

1.) Please for the love of god, what is preached here is only guidelines. They are NOT rules like some want you to believe.
2.) Oneitis (which I haven't had since 10th or 11th grade) comes from a lack of action. Please, just make your move or move on. I remember oneitis was hell that I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about that one "special girl"
3.) Make some goals, but don't set dates if there doesn't need to be a date. I remember when I was younger making a goal list with dates stating "by such and such a date, I will have done three bicycle tours cross country." It didn't workout like that, but I did complete it with a third tour coming up West-East tour across the USA.
4.) Life is messy. if you try to keep it neat, you will miss out on experiences. Take those experiences and run with them.
5.) Don't listen to your detractors or those that love you, they are insignificant compared to what you truly believe about yourself. I remember everyone including my parents telling me I couldn't do something because of such and such an issue. If there is a will, there is a way. It just matters how much you are willing to sacrifice to succeed (opportunity cost).
6.) Be prepared to hear the word "no" a lot or some variation. They generally are not saying no to you, but to your idea. Don't take it too hard because you got to steel yourself for rejection. You can't have a thin skin.
7.) Women will come and go, but your friends are forever. Don't ever forget them because when you find true friends, than hold onto them as long as you can.
8.) Tell the truth. Don't pvssy foot around because people may get angry at the truth, but they will respect you for it in the long run.
9.) Get your priorities in order. Don't do things for other people, do it because you know that you want to do it (I mean legal things). Choose your major for you, not your parents or friends. I chose my majors based on my own interests (government and philosophy dual major with a minor in history).
10.) Experiment with your life. Go out for things that you never thought were possible because you might just find out that the thing you thought was impossible was very possible. If you want to travel abroad, than do it (I really suggest that everyone travels abroad for a period).

That is ten things that i learned since coming to sosuavian theory.

- comic_relief

rocket87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great feedback sire.

One thing though on the note of one-itis -

I've had a few bouts of one-itis before, and most recently it happened all while I had 4 other active / current plates spinning (two fbs and two that were bugging me to hang out). In my experience, it hasn't been a lack of actions/options. For me I think it's a 'standards' issue - When I run into a babe that meets my list of hawtness, you know, that perfect spacing between the eyes, dimples, whatever my mind is attracted to. Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has similar experiences.

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really enjoyed your post!
I'm at the stage of my life where I'm realigning my career goals. At this point, I may transfer to a different school to obtain a completely different degree.

4.) Life is messy. if you try to keep it neat, you will miss out on experiences. Take those experiences and run with them.
I really like what you said. As I make my choice on what university/program I attend come September, there's no doubt in my mind that I will go for the ones that interests me.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good on you mate!

I sometimes wonder - would we (or rather I) have made the same life-changing decisions without this board? Would it have come to us by itself, sooner or later? As you talk to people, it seems like many manage to sort their lives out, all by themselves.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
Good on you mate!

I sometimes wonder - would we (or rather I) have made the same life-changing decisions without this board? Would it have come to us by itself, sooner or later? As you talk to people, it seems like many manage to sort their lives out, all by themselves.
I personally believe that I would not have made those same decisions had I not found this website. I still say that is the reason that I have gone as far as I have. Otherwise I would still be useless to society.

- comic_relief

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women will come and go, but your friends are forever
same as 2pac was saying : 'wars come and go but my soldier stay eternal'

however i really love it

thx for sharing comic

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
It's a good question. This board is helpful because it promotes a positive attitude. But I went through my 20s without this board. And I spent most of my 20s focused on learning, testing limits, expanding my boundaries, and self improvement. Pretty much what this board tells you to do. I can't imagine anyone spending their 20s on anything else really. If you're not doing that, what would you do?

I mean I did my share of partying, don't get me wrong. But I filed that under improving my social life. I exercised, pursued sports and hobbies that interested me, exercised, lifted weights, read, tried to figure out what career to pursue, and tried to get better with women.

All this board does is relate other people's experiences and opinions. And I imagine the experience of most people in their 20s is that they want to surpass their limitations and self improve. This board can point the way with some shortcuts, but again I can't imagine what else anyone would be doing in their 20s.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
It's a good question. This board is helpful because it promotes a positive attitude. But I went through my 20s without this board. And I spent most of my 20s focused on learning, testing limits, expanding my boundaries, and self improvement. Pretty much what this board tells you to do. I can't imagine anyone spending their 20s on anything else really. If you're not doing that, what would you do?

I mean I did my share of partying, don't get me wrong. But I filed that under improving my social life. I exercised, pursued sports and hobbies that interested me, exercised, lifted weights, read, tried to figure out what career to pursue, and tried to get better with women.

All this board does is relate other people's experiences and opinions. And I imagine the experience of most people in their 20s is that they want to surpass their limitations and self improve. This board can point the way with some shortcuts, but again I can't imagine what else anyone would be doing in their 20s.
Respectfully disagree with you, if your entire family never even so much as took a vacation or had one iota of self-improvement in them than a person would have no want to improve themselves like I did for my first 15 some years on this Earth. I was perfectly content with mediocrity. February 2004 is the day my life changed and I wanted more.

If the groundwork is not laid in a person like it was for you than, it will not happen. I would end up just like my family and never do anything fun at all. A person must have a want to do that and without that want why would they?

Maybe the entire sosuavian theorem of self-improvement just sped up the want in me but that is a counter-factual argument that cannot be proven.

- comic_relief

EDIT: I just applied to join the Americorps NCCC program this fall!

Last edited:

Azidoro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am so happy for you. Excellent post brah.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post mate and really inspirational! Glad you are doing well in life and hope all the lessons you have learned serve you well in future!

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post comic_relief. Some of the best self improvement material this site has to offer. A real good friend of mine does some crazy bike tours too. Cool stuff!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

note: I got accepted into americorps but my spam filter filtered out my email telling me the good news. So it lapsed and I lost out. Oh well...

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post man, sounds like you've had quite the ride.

It's great to see people realize that being a DJ isn't just about girls, it's about living your life how it was meant to live by improving on all facets, including physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, etc. And girls are just a small portion of that.

Those cross-country tours sounds intense, kudos to you for doing them.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

So a little bit of an update on my life and how it is.

Almost directly after writing the Original post, I ended up dating a new girl, M. My ex-girlfriend, K, was SUPER PISSED. She chased me out of our apartment with a rolled up newspaper screaming "PIG! PIG!" even though she decided with my ex-best friend's agreement to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Oh yeah, that was fun and possibly the second worst point of my life.

Well, I gave up on the dream of biking west-to-east that summer. I did two weeks of it from Seattle, Washington to Yellowstone, Montana/Wyoming. I gave up on it because of a job offer to be a paleontologist at a fossil site in Nebraska set up by M. It was an amazing experience that I think that trumped the experience of biking cross country again (if anyone can visit the Rocky Mountains, I full heartedly endorse that idea).

A little while after completing the internship, I was engaged. She broke up with me 24 hours before the wedding. It took me a year to fully get over her choice. Somehow, I don't think that people ever truly get over something like that. We move on and find a new love but it still stays deep and buried. No one ever forgets certain memories.

I worked at a factory for mass mailing brochures and that was horrid. I had two college degrees in Philosophy and Political Science. So, I decided to A.) up my standards significantly and B.) go back to school for a real degree worth a dam.

I went back to a new PA state school for Geosciences. I have only one more year to go before I graduate with a third degree (this is the one time that I am setting a date to a goal that I have). I am hoping to work in the energy industry now.

New girlfriend brings me this newest LR.

All line up time-wise:
Em - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160729
K - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163307
M - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183032
Lab Partner - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203137

- Comic_Relief