Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seriously... Why do we eat more than one time a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat a good breakfast, a light lunch and usually a good dinner. I'm not changing what works for me becuase it works for me;

i'm just more concerned about the actual logic behind eating more than once a day.

when you sit down and think about it.. I'm sure 5,000 years ago we didn't eat 6 small meals or even gave a rats ass about metabolism. we ate when we could. and we were generally pretty ****ing in shape.

My GF eats like a banana or something for breakfast and something something similar for lunch, and eats a real dinner. all while working out 6 days a week and is in better shape than I am (Arobic wise at least)) and is very toned. she just doesnt' get that hungry. she tells me if she were to eat 3 times a day she would be eating just to be eating.

that got me thinking... over half america is fat. yet we INSIST on eating 3-6 meals a day and anything less than that is unhealthy. yet YOU are unhealthy.

There is even a group of people who eat like 800 calories a day and they have been proven to live longer than the avg person. saw it on 60 mintues like 6 months ago.

hell my dog has a room full of dog food and he generally eats, really eats, once, maybe twice a day and the food is realiy available for him to eat

I'm nt chaning what I do, I am generally just curious.. where did the logic even come from in the first place.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think early human hunter-gatherers mostly wandered around and ate nuts, berries, and bugs...maybe a rodent here and there. The ability to plan one large meal would necessitate a consistent supply of stored food, which they didn't really have. Later, as farming got better, people stopped having to travel to wherever the food happened to be. Society became sedentary by comparison. With that came good and bad, more people in close quarters spread disease, but people having more spare time led to development of art, culture, society...and a regular schedule of meals.

Healthwise, I think maintenance of blood sugar levels would be the most important concern in when one chooses to eat, but everyone is different in the way that their blood sugar levels react to going without food. Other than that, I think gaining mass for the sake of body building would be the only reason to eat more often.

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually America in general doesn't eat 3-6 meals a day....

Talk to the typical adult. It's a regular size breakfast or just a coffee,snacks for lunch and a big ass dinner. Not a healthy lifestyle.

It's never about the calories,it's about the quality of what you eat. Notice that additives and other bull ingredients have become the in thing the past 1/2 century,hence the fat people rise. Why do you think people in poorer countries that live off their own land never have the 300+ monsters you find in America?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5000 years ago we were lucky to live to see 35 years old.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe in just listening to my body. Your body is pretty smart and will let you know when it needs to be fed. I eat when I'm hungry, not when the hands on a clock land on a certain number. I'm usually, but not always pretty hungry when I wake up. I normally eat a full breakfast. If I'm not feeling that hungry when I wake up, I have no problem skipping it, or maybe just a bowl of cheerios or something.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We're not even the same "species" we were 5000 years ago. There are always many differences, some by adaptation and some done by ourselves.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I am about to say goes against convention. The belief that you need to eat 3 square meals a day, or in the modern day 6 meals, IS THE BIGGEST CROCK OF SH!T.

Breakfast only became the most important meal of the day when breakfast cereal companies started pushing products on us. Cereals are some of the highest selling food products on the market. Do you EVER feel hungry in the morning? You force yourself to eat and youe body acclimatises to it.

The 6 meals a day fad was started by supplement companies who wanted us to eat 6 meals a day too. That way, you buy more of their products like meal replacements, bars, etc because you are too damn busy to cook the stuff.

Those scientific studies that show how regular meals keep the metabolism going or how breakfast improves concentration were funded by the food companies themselves.

There is a growing tide of people that are starting to forgo the 6 meals or 3 square meals a day and going back to what feels natural. Eating only when hungry and learning to accept hunger as something that is normal. In fact, your concentration levels and energy levels are higher when you dont eat during the day. I never feel sluggish.

Now a lot of folks are going to say that you need 6 meals, protein intake, metabolism, catabolism, every other ****ing ism out there. Its bull****, all of it.

Read The Warrior Diet, by Ori Hoffman. The Paelo Diet is another example of a natural diet. There is also Intermittent Fasting, where you consume your calories in only an 8 hour window. The rest of the time, you water fast.

The results people have seen from it have been astounding. I have had issues with blood pressure for a while now and the doctors have said that even though I am not fat, my muscle mass is high enough that with my genetics blood pressure problems will require medication. Since I changed the way I eat, my blood pressure has dropped, body fat has dropped a little and I have retained all my mass.

This is my diet now. I play squash twice a week, I hit the weights 4 times a week, I golf once a week.

I eat a small piece of fruit at about 10 in the morning, or some raw vegetables. At about 2, Ill eat a little more fruit or veg, or a few almonds. I hit the gym at 4:30ish, after which I go home and down a shake.

I then eat like a pig. A big salad. Followed by a large portion of protein and a lot of veg again. I then eat my carbs after, normally a bowl of oats with more protein in it.

I train in pretty much a fasted state. My lifts have gone up.

Most people are going to call this mad because they are brainwashed into thinking that 6 meals a day is good for you. Do you think a caveman walked around with a cooler box full of protein and egg whites? Do you think Greek warriors ate 6 meals a day? Do you think that the Vikings, who were monsters, were concerned about a constant stream of amino acids?

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
5000 years ago we were lucky to live to see 35 years old.
Had nothing to do with diet.

War, disease, accidents. A broken limb could kill. Consider how many people get appendicitis. This is something that would have had a 100% mortality rate 5000 years ago

snackwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it what it is backbreaker, is that people,especially overweight people, in general underestimate how much they eat, especially the constant snacks (as is the case with me).

Have you heard of Eat Stop Eat? It is a nutrition program that relies on intermittent fasting. All the naturally lean people that I have known just eat a lot less... meaning they don't have to stuff their face if they are a little hungry. If you look at scientific studies you can survive on very little food for quite a while... I think it is nutrition supplement & diet industry that wants people to buy into the 6 small meals thing for fat loss.

I think that a lot of people are addicted to food in the US, and its a self reinforcing cycle because of the wide availability of processed foods.

I can send you the pdf if you want, its a pretty good read.

backbreaker said:
I eat a good breakfast, a light lunch and usually a good dinner. I'm not changing what works for me becuase it works for me;

i'm just more concerned about the actual logic behind eating more than once a day.

when you sit down and think about it.. I'm sure 5,000 years ago we didn't eat 6 small meals or even gave a rats ass about metabolism. we ate when we could. and we were generally pretty ****ing in shape.

My GF eats like a banana or something for breakfast and something something similar for lunch, and eats a real dinner. all while working out 6 days a week and is in better shape than I am (Arobic wise at least)) and is very toned. she just doesnt' get that hungry. she tells me if she were to eat 3 times a day she would be eating just to be eating.

that got me thinking... over half america is fat. yet we INSIST on eating 3-6 meals a day and anything less than that is unhealthy. yet YOU are unhealthy.

There is even a group of people who eat like 800 calories a day and they have been proven to live longer than the avg person. saw it on 60 mintues like 6 months ago.

hell my dog has a room full of dog food and he generally eats, really eats, once, maybe twice a day and the food is realiy available for him to eat

I'm nt chaning what I do, I am generally just curious.. where did the logic even come from in the first place.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, you can spin it any way you want it, but when I lift and space out smaller meals I lose fat, gain muscle, and feel like a million bucks. I can even ditch the Prilosec when I eat this way. Not so when I was consuming less calories but doing it 2-3x per day.

Lots of bodybuilders eat this way and are quite a bit healthier than the general population.

You also have to take into account that 5000 years ago there was no such thing as potato chips and soda. Refined flour even.

Today these sh!tty carbs make up the bulk of the average diet.

I don't believe in going all nazi with the diet, but there is something to consuming a meal immediately after a workout and such. I (loosely) eat 6-7 meals per day, 3 solid and 3-4 protein shake based with carbs and fat modified according to when I eat. This is mostly to get the requisite 1+ gram of protein per pound of lean mass, but it's also to keep a steady stream of nutrients in my body.

It worked for me years ago and it looks like it's working like a charm once again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
I'm pretty sure they broke diet down to a science to help us. When you eat 6 meals a day, your eating around the same as you would 3 meals. So its not like your eating twice as much. Also, the six meals a day I think is more slated to people who want to lose weight, not maintain their weight.

The stuff you said earlier, stated as a fact, is only backed up by your personal experience. That doesn't cut it.
I posted the names of books you can read that have backed up these claims WITH SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH. This is not based on my own personal experiences or anecdotal evidence alone. It is based on scientific studies that have been conducted

Six meals a day are the bog standard for all people following a healthy lifestyle. Your calorie consumption is spread over a specific number of meals in an aim to reduce hunger or speed up metabolic rates. Its not based on anything concrete and the evidence supporting it is actually very thin.

I don't use the 6 meal plan, but just eat healthy. A big breakfast, a apple before lunch, for lunch a sandwich with no mayo and cheese with either Turkey, chicken, or tuna, and for dinner with a peach 30 minutes before I eat, a 6oz of meat with some veggies.

Some diets work for some people, some don't. You might have achieved great results with The Warrior Diet, and some others don't. No need to bag on a certain type of diet, that you personally don't agree with it.
Im not promoting a diet at all. I am promoting a method of eating that for a long time people have been told would have adverse effects. Its not based on anything realistic. If anything, the modern day diet is unhealthy and that is proven by obesity rates.

You dont have to eat breakfast. You dont have to eat 3 meals a day. In fact, frequent eating has many negative effects too. What I am saying is out there because its been drummed into us that we need our cornflakes and we need 200g of protein a day.

Its misguided

Also about the ancestor thing, the mother****ers were like 5 feet tall. I think now you were trying to say micro managing your diet is too much work, which I can agree on, but why hold people down who want to do it to get the best results they can?
Unless you are a professional bodybuilder or athlete, trying to maintain the regimented approach to eating and training is simply not feasible. At all. The belief that you have to is what limits them and holds them back. The benefits of following that approach are negligible.

If people knew that they could achieve the results they require without having to resort to a million supplements and spending half their life preparing food, more would achieve their goals. Most studies are being funded by food and supplement companies and as a result show results that favour the outcome which suits them best. Historically, and from an evolutionary point of view, we do not need to eat 3 meals a day.

As for people 5000 years ago being 5 foot tall? Fallacy.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Eh, you can spin it any way you want it, but when I lift and space out smaller meals I lose fat, gain muscle, and feel like a million bucks. I can even ditch the Prilosec when I eat this way. Not so when I was consuming less calories but doing it 2-3x per day.

Lots of bodybuilders eat this way and are quite a bit healthier than the general population.

You also have to take into account that 5000 years ago there was no such thing as potato chips and soda. Refined flour even.

Today these sh!tty carbs make up the bulk of the average diet.

I don't believe in going all nazi with the diet, but there is something to consuming a meal immediately after a workout and such. I (loosely) eat 6-7 meals per day, 3 solid and 3-4 protein shake based with carbs and fat modified according to when I eat. This is mostly to get the requisite 1+ gram of protein per pound of lean mass, but it's also to keep a steady stream of nutrients in my body.

It worked for me years ago and it looks like it's working like a charm once again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....
Agreed 100%. if it works for you, great.

My argument is that there is this pent up belief that you have to eat breakfast and you have to eat 6 meals a day if you want to achieve results. You can lose weight and/or build mass with a lower frequency of meals.

I have been there and done that. I built my body on 6 meals a day. I have eaten that way for years myself and it produced the results I wanted. I only shifted to a different way of eating over the last two years or so and I wish I did it ages ago.

The difference is that once I went back to eating instinctively, which for me is to skip breakfast and not eat until midday most of the time, I saw improvements everywhere including the gym. It goes against everything I knew and understood about fitness and diet. I have seen better results by cutting back on meal frequency. My body processes food better, recovery rates have increased. I dont get that 3PM slump anymore. My lifts have gone up. Sometimes, training in a fasted state, my energy levels are sky high. That in itself makes no sense based on the typical "glycogen levels need to be optimized for effective energy release" type crap.

If 6 meals a day works for you, great. You dont HAVE to eat 6 meals though. You dont have to eat 3. You can achieve results on less.

1) There is scientific evidence to support it
2) Historically, its how we always ate
3) People are caught up in one way to approach eating and its the approach given to us by food companies

You dont need breakfast.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to eat two steaks, two chicken breasts, 6-12 eggs, 2 protein shakes, and 600g of fruit and vegetables in one sitting?!

I'd be sitting at the table for two hours just to eat that, and feel miserable all day because of it.

The physiology of the human body(rather large compared to stomach/digestive capabilities) suggests that we should eat more meals spaced out around the day.

Hooligan Harry said:
If 6 meals a day works for you, great. You dont HAVE to eat 6 meals though. You dont have to eat 3. You can achieve results on less.

1) There is scientific evidence to support it
2) Historically, its how we always ate
Please share this evidence.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Have you ever tried to eat two steaks, two chicken breasts, 6-12 eggs, 2 protein shakes, and 600g of fruit and vegetables in one sitting?!

I'd be sitting at the table for two hours just to eat that, and feel miserable all day because of it.

The physiology of the human body(rather large compared to stomach/digestive capabilities) suggests that we should eat more meals spaced out around the day.
Who says you eat it in a two hour window? Intermittent fasting means that you consume your calories in a specific window. It does not have to be in 2 hours. It could be 8 hours. 6 hours? You also dont need to ingest as much protein when you change eating patterns because you metabolize it more efficiently

The physiology of the human body is not built to consume 6 meals a day. It does not make sense from an evolutionary point of view. We are hunters, which means we need to often kill before we eat. Do you think they needed whey protein to help them recover after they dragged a kill 2 kilometers?

Like I say, many of the studies conducted were commissioned by food companies and supplement companies.

Please share this evidence.
Im not going to post links to ENDLESS scientific studies proving **** that has been covered in the books I have suggested you read if you are interested in the concept. Likewise, any understanding of history will confirm that the modern diet of 6 meals a day is a VERY NEW CONCEPT.

Like I said, this stuff is out there because we have been brainwashed into thinking that we need a million grams of protein every day spaced out every 2-3 hours.

Warrior Diet
Leangains
Intermittent Fasting
Paelo Diet

Hit Google if you could be bothered. The evidence you are looking for is out there. If 6 meals a day works for you, fantastic. Keep doing it because its hard to find something that works. It worked for me too. What I am saying though is that there are alternatives. They actually work better when adjusted to suit your own bodies requirements and goals.

Take it or leave it.

Reaction score
backbreaker comes up with some good topics because I was seriously, earlier today sitting here thinking the same ****.

1.) When you were younger you was told to eat 3 solid meals a day and breakfast was most important.

2.) Now you are in your 20's and you are told to eat 6 small meals a day for metobolism.

All bull**** if you ask me. In my opinion, everybody wants to get FIT these days but they listen to all the sources in the world but the main source and it's their own ****ing BODIES.

I think if we listened to our bodies more instead of implementing what some shythole trainers suggested (whhich is based on nothing but generic one-size-fits all crap) we would be better off.

Somebody told me pushups was a waste of time, I've been getting cut from pushups since I was 19.

Do what your body tells you/responds to.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Who says you eat it in a two hour window? Intermittent fasting means that you consume your calories in a specific window. It does not have to be in 2 hours. It could be 8 hours. 6 hours? You also dont need to ingest as much protein when you change eating patterns because you metabolize it more efficiently

The physiology of the human body is not built to consume 6 meals a day. It does not make sense from an evolutionary point of view. We are hunters, which means we need to often kill before we eat. Do you think they needed whey protein to help them recover after they dragged a kill 2 kilometers?

Like I say, many of the studies conducted were commissioned by food companies and supplement companies.

Im not going to post links to ENDLESS scientific studies proving **** that has been covered in the books I have suggested you read if you are interested in the concept. Likewise, any understanding of history will confirm that the modern diet of 6 meals a day is a VERY NEW CONCEPT.

Like I said, this stuff is out there because we have been brainwashed into thinking that we need a million grams of protein every day spaced out every 2-3 hours.

Warrior Diet
Leangains
Intermittent Fasting
Paelo Diet

Hit Google if you could be bothered. The evidence you are looking for is out there. If 6 meals a day works for you, fantastic. Keep doing it because its hard to find something that works. It worked for me too. What I am saying though is that there are alternatives. They actually work better when adjusted to suit your own bodies requirements and goals.

Take it or leave it.
Actually I'd only like to see one or two references ;)

You're making a big deal out of this for some reason. And you suggest that society believes "a million grams of protein" is necessary each day?! Errm, I'm pretty sure most traditional "food guides" suggest 50-70g of protein per day. It's only in a few instances where guys are actually looking to get big and strong, that we propose eating 200-400g of protein daily. Why do we suggest that? Because it works for the majority of people, period.

If you aren't interested in getting big and strong and you're interested in some 13" biceps and a "toned body" then go ahead and do whatever you'd like. A generally healthy diet and good amount of activity/exercise will bring those moderate changes.

And regarding eating a meal in two hours, your reply doesn't make any sense. Unless your a derelict guy living in mama's basement, you have a life to attend to; be it a 9-5 job, education, hobbies, etc. Personally I don't have time to sit down to a 6 hour feast. I have time in the morning to whip up some eggs before work. I have a 20 minute lunch break at work. I have 30 minutes after work before I hit the gym, and I study afterwards until a couple hours before bed. I don't see any large chunk of time to sit down and enjoy a 5 hour meal.

Is the concept of storing food foreign to you? Look outside, you'll see squirrels and crows hiding bits of food all over the place. They surely can't eat their whole "kill" in one sitting.

In case you haven't realized, homo sapiens evolved from chimpanzees and apes. You know, the ones sitting in trees all day munching on bananas and berries?

Humans were societal creatures even 100,000 years ago. We lived in tribes because we were weak individually. We learned to hunt together and bring down large mammals. We learned how to preserve meats so we could eat them whenever we wished, and our women sat in the kitch.. I mean, garden planting berries/nuts/veggies so we would have a constant supply of food. Heck, storing food is such a simple concept that even dogs do it. You give it a chunk of meat too big to eat? It'll eat half and bury the other half under the ground where it'll stay fresh until he's hungry again.

We didn't kill animals and sit around eating it all week like lions, as you seem to think.

Do you think they needed whey protein to help them recover after they dragged a kill 2 kilometers?
Are you even thinking about what you're saying? They gorged on protein-rich meats afterwards. Whey protein, while lacking the thermogenic effects of whole food, is one of the most bioavailable protein sources in the world, up there with eggs I believe. If our caveman ancestors had tubs of Whey protein they'd be in heaven.

The 3 meal a day concept came from the agricultural revolution. Men would get up at 5am, have breakfast, go out and work the farm all morning until 11am, come in and eat lunch, then go out and work the farm again until full dark. There simply was no other times to eat food.

I've looked in to this Intermittent fasting stuff which correlates with the Warrior diet. Honestly, it looks like garbage. Only having water all day until one big feed? Do you understand human physiology? Your body goes into starvation mode, and some of you guys say that you feel "energized" in this state... Do you know why? Your adrenal glands start releasing adrenaline to cope with the metabolic stress, and your body starts to catabolize muscle mass to get it's calories, so your body is "eating" even though you are putting nothing in your mouth. Why wouldn't it take body fat? Well, muscle is inefficient as far as survival goes, so strip the calorie burning muscle away first and leave the bodyfat in case it starts to really get famished.

The Paleo Diet is actually logical and is based around generally what you should eat, rather than starving yourself all day then gorging for 4 hours. I follow something similar to the Paleo diet, and probably most guys who try to eat healthy follow it to one degree or another. Paleo Diet = Eat foods that our body has been built to eat through 1.2 million years of evolution.

I can point to 1000 people with Impressive physiques(or top athletes for that matter), and you'll find that the overwhelming majority of them(likely 99%) eat a high protein diet and space their meals out every 2-4 hours over the day. I challenge you to show me even one (1) picture of someone with a truly impressive physique that follows this 20 hour fast/4 hour feast protocol.

I could go on disproving this **** all night, but it just isn't worth it.

If you're interested in a mediocre body with a little "cut" and "tone" and you have no athletic aspirations, then I'm sure any moderately healthy diet will work, even this Warrior Diet/Intermittent Fasting/War Against Breakfast diet.

=====

Honestly dude... Coming on here and telling the vast majority of guys ,who've had success as far as getting big and strong through eating high protein diet, that they have been "brainwashed" and tricked, then backing it up with dramatized conjecture is not very convincing. :down:

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My own experience is that the less I ate, the worst I felt because it comes from inactivity. If you don't do anything, one meal a day will suffice. Since I've been getting active on a consistant basis, I've gone from only needing two meals a day to actually getting hungry 4 times a day. The thing is I burn it off lifting and running. I wake up starving, get hungry around lunch time, actually need dinner, and eat something after I work out. Funny thing is I've lost weight and probably an inch around in a relatively short amount of time only working out 2-3 times a week.

But the thing to remember is that everyone has a different set of dietetic needs. Diabetes is just a person making too much or too little insulin. Some people have ineffecient metabolisms and can't gain weight no matter how much they eat. Some people, like me, can gain mass easily. Some people hold salt while others don't. The thing is to find what works for you and what doesn't. Whatever you eat though, it's best to make sure it's healthy because eating a piece of grilled chicken is a lot different than eating a fried piece of it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my GF seriously eats like once a day, and even then she doesn't pig out. yesterday she ran through like 10 bottles of water and a bannana ad then for dinner I took her and the yougin out for chinese (he likes rice). my GF is the girl int he gym with the tank top on with the 6 pack and whose ass you you are staring at while she runs on the treadmill.

I say that to not say hey what we do is wrong.. i lift too heavy to eat 1 time a day and it's working for me what I do. But sometimes you have to question convenitional wisdom.

then when you eat once a day... when you do "cheat".. you don't feel anywhere near as bad. at least she doesnt'.

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Why wouldn't it take body fat? Well, muscle is inefficient as far as survival goes, so strip the calorie burning muscle away first and leave the bodyfat in case it starts to really get famished.
I'd give a metabolic explanation to that. Excess of anything that can be metabolized is usually reduced to Acetyl Coenzyme-A and incorporated into fat using the Fatty Acid Spiral (the Spiral goes both ways, to burn fat and to generate fat).

Well, turns out that the step of making Acetyl CoA from sugars/aminoacids is irreversible in humans, once you have that all you can do is, roughly speaking, either generate fat (if you have too much) or just burn it for energy.

But our body likes to keep certain amount of glucose around. Fat isn't the easiest thing to burn to produce energy, glucolysis is way faster and easier, and some tissues much prefer it to fat. So when you're in starvation mode, your body will be generating ketone bodies from fat to go around, and will be producing glucose from anything available once the reserves in the liver start to run low (because muscle glycogen doesn't move around). And unlike fat, aminoacids are a good source of material to create glucose, some of them are just a few metabolic steps away from it.

What do you think is going to be more conductive to build muscle, replenish your glycogen reserves through the day so that protein goes to repair the muscles you're hitting with the gym, or eat only once a day and having to go through 20 hours on your standard liver reserve (that you filled completely, making all the excess from your meal go straight to fat), making you mobilize protein and running high on gluconeogenesis?

EDIT: That aside, there are more factors than mere basal metabolism when it comes to decide the best diet for oneself. In the example above with the high blood pressure, that's a health factor that is likely quite important, and I'd wager that an extreme once-a-day dies is really not necessary, and that similar results could be achieved with a less spaced out, but still highly spaced out, diet. Run a google on "Nutrigenomics".

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quicksilver, you are a 21 year old kid.

Come speak to me when you have 14 odd years of training under your belt. Your argument is one I have seen countless times and its one handed to you by pop culture fitness regimes. Everything you know is based on what you read or what people are telling you. You have not had enough time to try different methods over time because you have not had enough enough time to try anything new. Likewise, you have not had a chance to see how different methods have proven successful over the years for others.

No one is going to try and become a bodybuilder on one meal a day and the assumption that this is what I am suggesting is ridiculous. Most people dont want to be bodybuilders or ever be that large. That is something most young muscle heads with dreams of being Arnold dont seem to quite understand.

I provided some reading material for you if you wish to delve a little deeper. Im not going to get into the typical bodybuilder debate which ends up going no where. I have neither the time nor the patience for it. I have seen it all before and I know how pointless it is. The material is out there. If you want to read it and check the studies conducted as part of the research, ITS THERE. Get off your ass and read it. If you could not be bothered, then so be it. No skin of my back.

The OP has asked if he needs to eat breakfast. I have said he does not and there are alternatives available that can suit his lifestyle, providing sources for him to review. Not everyone needs to eat 6 meals a day. You will see as you get older how often standards change. What is considered best practice now will not be considered best practice in 5 years time.

As for people storing food? Only once we domesticated animals and started farming did we have the ability to store food. The shift AWAY from the need to hunt daily is what led to our rapid development. That only happened a few thousand years ago. Our physiology could not have adapted in such a short period of time to the way we eat now. Most people never ate 3 meals a day even up until 100 years ago. The only countries with obesity issues are the countries eating their carb dense, fat overloaded 3 square meals a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.