Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Serious Poll Question About Moderators

Which Statement Best Supports Your Opinion?

• Moderators should be nice to all posters, and should not post anything insulting, even if it's funny

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Moderators are just posters who happen to enforce some of the site's rules. I enjoy some of their j

Votes: 36 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WesCottII
What happens if you "win"?
I'll be an insufferable pr*ck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
I'll be an insufferable pr*ck.
no, no, what happens if you WIN? won't there be a change of some sort?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Ba zing

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hopefully if Gio wins ... He would rid the board of evil dooers!!

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now lets see if I understand this,

option 1 = neuter gio
option 2 = status quo

Gio, I'm gonna put a vote towards saving your testicles, you and Penkitten can thank me later.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. No change.

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
New Member: Reading for about a year.

And if people are all offended and calling you Nazis, then fvck em! Gotta remmeber bosses, teachers and other people you are going to be associated with for the rest of your lives aren't going to be offering you cotton candy and gingerbread.

Personally, I like some harsh criticism, keeps me on my toes. Makes sure my wit doesn't get rusty.

Confidence people... I think thats what the main point of DJing is... if you are offended by some random guy, on a computer.. then you're going to have a hell of a time not commmiting suicide when a chick rejects you!!!

So do us a all a favour, and either suck it up, or kill yourself now... (too as$holish?)

YEa I said it!

Ciao ,

Bussey

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not voting, because neither option reflects my viewpoint. However, since I have been one of the more frequent critics of the mods, I feel it is only fair I explain my argument. So here is exactly what I think:

I have no problem with the moderators making the occasional joke post. I do that quite a bit myself. However, it annoys me when

(1) Moderators make a pointless joke aimed towards a person who didn't need/deserve to be made fun of.

(2) Moderators let a stupid thread which should've died quickly stay alive because they use it as their own personal chat room to talk to each other

(3) Moderators let a stupid thread which should've died quicky stay alive because they get caught up in a flame war with someone

(4) Moderators have unnecessarily long signatures, and choose to display them every single time they post, even when that happens to be 3 times in a 5 post span. You know who you are.

(5) Moderators make blatantly stupid jokes which really shouldn't be funny to anyone, I don't care about all the people who supposedly PM you telling you how funny you are.

(6) The number of "joke" or "chat" posts exceeds the amount of useful advice the moderator gives by roughly a 10:1 ratio. Eternal, it is not necessary for you to use Anything Else as you and your "girlfriend's" personal discussion space. Especially when you have your own forum which you advertise relentlessly (see #4).

And honestly, I hate to be such a b*tch sometimes, but I don't think I've being unreasonable. I've been coming here since February 2003 (formerly as "blienk") and things HAVE been getting worse within the last month or two. I think this place would be more enjoyable for everyone if you took this as constructive criticism rather than dismiss me with some lame comment.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bussey
Gotta remmeber bosses, teachers and other people you are going to be associated with for the rest of your lives aren't going to be offering you cotton candy
I have heard a rumor that one of the moderators gives cotton candy to one of the posters here.

Thanks for your comments Bussey.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
(5) Moderators make blatantly stupid jokes which really shouldn't be funny to anyone, I don't care about all the people who supposedly PM you telling you how funny you are.
Who gets to be the judge of which jokes are "blatantly stupid" and "shouldn't be funny to anyone"? Especially if some people claim to like them.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol

(4) Moderators have unnecessarily long signatures, and choose to display them every single time they post, even when that happens to be 3 times in a 5 post span. You know who you are.
I think she was typing to you Vincent.. :p *hint hint*

Originally posted by Vincent

NEVER lower your standards. You will never be happy when you lower your standards.
"NEVER associate with those who share your defects - they will reinforce everything that holds you back" - Robert Greene
"If not now, When?"-Sammo

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I originally came here 3 years ago to get help, many of the posters here seemed really hard a55ed. Their advice really hit me hard and made me feel like a complete fvcking idiot. I had two choices: either stay here and toughen up, or leave here with my fvcking tail between my legs. I chose option one.

Now, it seems as if the mods here have aquired the hard a55ed attitude that many of the "old timers" had. I don't see a problem with it, and I'm actually quite pleased with it. In my opinion, it'll help eliminate members who are here to find easy answers rather than doing actual work on their personalities. It also helps eliminate the trolls, and we've had many here in the past.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
Now, it seems as if the mods here have aquired the hard a55ed attitude that many of the "old timers" had. I don't see a problem with it, and I'm actually quite pleased with it. In my opinion, it'll help eliminate members who are here to find easy answers rather than doing actual work on their personalities. It also helps eliminate the trolls, and we've had many here in the past.
I've been an assh*le on this board for as long as I can remember. And that's exactly the reason why.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Eternal
Sounds fair.

*Note: Poll open until Noon Eastern Friday, unless I am..Ahem, occupied.*
Pay attention Please

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am so disappointed that the person who decided to cheat this poll wasn't at least smart enough to do it believably. No one buys that 20 people came on in the last hour to all vote one particular way.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to be an insufferable pr*ck either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.