"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Serious help required

oneitis

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I have a major case of oneitis. I have read the bible and done many things. It has been about a year and a half since I broke up with "the one". Since then I have tried to move on, I have slept with about 20 women since then. I even tried getting involved in a serious relationship.

Nothing has worked, I still feel like she is the one, all this time later. I even built up a hate for her in my mind to try to move on and that didn't work either. What should I do? I am open to almost anything?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Okay - before I can advise, I need to know if you're drinking alot or doing any drugs. I'm not here to judge, but I know from experience that use of some of these, regardless of limited recreational use, can affect the way you feel. I had a friend many years ago that was dumped by his "one". Ten years later, he's still not gotten over her. The reason? He likes to smoke weed. Daily. Three times a day, I think. I identified the problem for him, but he would rather be miserable. After this period of time, he likely knows no other way to live.

If you're not doing any of those, I might suggest you just get up and move. A change in scenery may do the trick.

Beyond that, I would just try to concentrate on the things that you need to do to improve your life.
 

jdr120

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
canada
I'm going through the same thing as you (well not as intense..). You just have to remember why you broke up with her in the first place.. do you still talk to her??? What activities / hobbies do you have to keep your mind off things... You just have to keep your mind busy. If you keep thinking about her when she's not around you're actually creating feelings for her that are not real (read up on NLP), but feelings that are based on your imagination (a false reality)... Think for the moment, and you will live in the moment. That's what I'm trying to do...


silverwex led me to his post on this:

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42742&highlight=ultimate+oneitis

It's a great post...
 

jdr120

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
canada
I'm going through the same thing as you (well not as intense..). You just have to remember why you broke up with her in the first place.. do you still talk to her??? What activities / hobbies do you have to keep your mind off things... You just have to keep your mind busy. If you keep thinking about her when she's not around you're actually creating feelings for her that are not real (read up on NLP), but feelings that are based on your imagination (a false reality)... Think for the moment, and you will live in the moment. That's what I'm trying to do...


silverwex led me to his post on this:

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42742&highlight=ultimate+oneitis

It's a great post...
 

oneitis

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I am not drinking excessively, nor do I use any drugs. Although I will admit, that if I do go out on a Saturday night, the oneitis often starts when I am home alone on a Sunday.

I have done virtually everything in silverwex's post. She lives 5 hours away, I don't talk to her anymore, I deleted her from my messengers. I have dated other women, hung out with the boys, read the bible, lost myself in work. In the end it keeps coming back.

I have taken myself to another level to try overcome it. I have read up on psycology, read some on NLP, and I know that stuff works, as I use positive reinforcement in my life already. Trying to overcome this broad has actually helped me grow in so many other ways. However, in the end, she keeps getting in my freakin head.

I really don't know what to do sometimes.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
How long were you with her?

As a general rule - it takes half of the time you were with the girl to get over her - unless of course you dumped her and have some hate for her because of cheating etc.

In reality perhaps she was the one.

You may never find another woman like her again.

But then ask yourself this - why did you break up in the first place?

List the good things - then the bad things.

No matter what - you have to come to the realization that you either want to control your life - or allow the actions of others to control it for you.

So you either ACT or REACT.

A DJ Act's. He is the do'er. He makes things happen in his life.

Realise that sitting there gloating over this woman does you no good.

It is natural to look back, smile and remember - but after you've done that, also realize that right now is more important.

You've not meet another decent woman - that is the problem. Also you are trying to force or will yourself over this chick.

You said yourself you tried to get involved in a serious realtionship.

i think your trying to hard.

Don't force yourself into a relationship - or force yourself to sleep with women - thinking this will make you get over her.

It sounds like you've not gone through your own grieving process. Perhaps you should stop being consumed with getting over her - and past her. allow yourself that time.

It will get better.
 

oneitis

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Mr.Hash wid da Stash
Move 500 miles away from your ex, a fresh start and a change of scenary really do work wonders. No BS.
I did that, like I said above, I know live over 5 hours away.
 

oneitis

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by NewMan
How long were you with her?

One year

In reality perhaps she was the one. You may never find another woman like her again.


Unfortunately thats what I believe.

But then ask yourself this - why did you break up in the first place? List the good things - then the bad things.

No matter what - you have to come to the realization that you either want to control your life - or allow the actions of others to control it for you. So you either ACT or REACT.

A DJ Act's. He is the do'er. He makes things happen in his life.
Realise that sitting there gloating over this woman does you no good.


I really have done things to make things happen in my life afterwards. Its ironic, the year after we broke up, was the best year of my life career wise, and also on a personal growth level.


It is natural to look back, smile and remember - but after you've done that, also realize that right now is more important.

You've not meet another decent woman - that is the problem. Also you are trying to force or will yourself over this chick.


Actually, I have met other great women. The women that I got involved in a relationship was amazing, she made me realize I could still love without "the one", however my oneitis caused me to screw things up in the end.


You said yourself you tried to get involved in a serious realtionship. i think your trying to hard. Don't force yourself into a relationship - or force yourself to sleep with women - thinking this will make you get over her.


I haven't slept with other women just for the sake of trying to get over her, I slept with them because I enjoy sleeping with women.

It sounds like you've not gone through your own grieving process. Perhaps you should stop being consumed with getting over her - and past her. allow yourself that time.


You may have a point, how exactly do you grieve a relationship?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
List all the qualities that made you fall in love with this girl and then look for someone else who posesses these same qualities!

This may be a good time in your life to decide exactly what you want in and from a woman.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top