"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Serious help needed

RAJ

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
GLASGOW (Uk)
Yo ppl I went out yesterday and I came to the conclusion that I can't hold a convo with girls. I'm a really quiet person. I've read the dj bible, David DeAngelo, and Masf but they are no help to me. I know if I knew how to start a conv with a girl and keep it I would do it i just seem to have confidence or brains. I don't know which.

Bit of background since its my first post- I'm a asian dude, live in glasgow(uk), 18 studying at a college and a bad childhood!

I'm trying to change myself after coming across this site. But I keep letting myself down.

Looking at me ppl would think I'm and intresting/friendly person but they realise I'm just really boring. Even my friends think I'm boring! Even my family!

please help!
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Geez, pick up some interests new hobbies. I used to be a boring type myself. I took up running as a workout every day. In last two years I started to play guitar, now I'm learning piano, not to mention i'm a programming major. I learned bunch of songs on the guitar and piano, being the most common instruments I can be center of attention at many social occasions. Do something out of ordinary with yourself.
 

RAJ

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
GLASGOW (Uk)
yo dude thanks for replyin'
I actually go to the gym been going for 1 year and a half believe it or not I've not spoken to one girl who doesn't work there!
I also used to play chess but girls don't play it and the guys who do are geeks and boring no social life!
I've tried doing something out of the ordinary (I work as a head waiter at a indian restraunt). Two girls came in on valetines day drunk and I started busting on them for being lesbians or something but I couldn't keep it up its like I don't feel likwe doing it for some reason!
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Maybe everyone thinks you are a boring person because you are in 'fact' a boring person! If you never initiate convo with others or are not very responsive to their questions then this is a accurate conclusion. If you have trouble talking to others because of your lack of confidence then you need to get at the root cause of why you lack confidence.

Since your own family says that you are boring then I take it that it is not a confidence issue that is your problem but rather that your personality is the root cause of your social ineptness.

You personality is who you are and if you never vocalize your thoughts then others will never know who you truly are and will judge you as a very uninteresting and boring character without much to say. You have to start initiating interesting convo and get a sense of humor. Are you the humorless type who always takes things seriously? Are you shy? I take it you are this way, and this is where your problem lies.
 

RAJ

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
GLASGOW (Uk)
you know what the funny thing is I'm an ok guy I actually do have a sense of humour but it just bores me doing the whole thing over and over again when meeting a person i.e what ur name, where do u live, what do u do etc
customers when they come in laugh and joke with me as I mostly do the laughing. I can't put much into the convo like a joke or something I can only talk about current affairs!

I want to re-invent myself became a dj!

I'm enthusiatic. I just don't have the oppurtunity! My boss is trying to get me dates! He's like asking my fellow girl employees to get a girl for me how embarassing!

I was talking to these two girls at a table once and they were having a convo about some gut who couldn't have an erection just as they were about to have sex and then one girl says to me that this is an intresting convo join in!

But what could I say?!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Once you get over the idea that people's opinions of what you have to say DON'T MATTER in the long run, you'll find you have a LOT to say.

Some of the most popular kids I knew were the ones who just said WHATEVER comes to mind, no matter how ridiculous or often vulgar. (of course, tailor it to your company...don't talk about ejaculate in front of a girl you just met) But the idea is that they don't really care.

Learn to ENJOY connecting with your fellow human beings and don't act like it's a trial or you have something to prove. :)
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by RAJ
I was talking to these two girls at a table once and they were having a convo about some guy who couldn't have an erection just as they were about to have sex and then one girl says to me that this is an intresting convo join in!

But what could I say?!
This is an easy one - say, "I wouldn't know much about that topic, I never experienced that small problem" and then give them a devilish grin a wink of the eye!!!
 

smooth666

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
I agree with the guys above that you should try to change your live by getting new hobbies,aquiring new skills and making it a habit to talking to people.

Ask yourself:
a) What am I interested in?
b) What do I want to achieve in life?
c) What kind of relationship do I want to have to people?

to a) If you are not interested in anything really and just do something to kill boredom,you should really rethink your life (It is short)!
Gym is not a hobby! You do not need a brain or skill to use the machines.
It is good to socialize in a gym and to get in shape but you do not really acquire new skills or insights that help you in convos.

to b) make precise plans for your life and pursue them eagerly. You might be boring to other people because you do not know what you really want. People and esp .chicks do not like that.

to c) Do you just want to get laid or do you want to become a social,friendly sympathetic person woh is able to start a convo anytime with anybody??

Cheers
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by RAJ
Yo ppl I went out yesterday and I came to the conclusion that I can't hold a convo with girls. I'm a really quiet person. I've read the dj bible, David DeAngelo, and Masf but they are no help to me. I know if I knew how to start a conv with a girl and keep it I would do it i just seem to have confidence or brains. I don't know which.

Bit of background since its my first post- I'm a asian dude, live in glasgow(uk), 18 studying at a college and a bad childhood!

I'm trying to change myself after coming across this site. But I keep letting myself down.

Looking at me ppl would think I'm and intresting/friendly person but they realise I'm just really boring. Even my friends think I'm boring! Even my family!

please help!
Believe me man, I know where you're coming from. I've been there, I know it's not easy. But I'm telling you it can be done. I was painfully shy in school and constantly picked on. Then when I got to university I changed my attitude totally, I starting talking to people wherever I went. You'll get used to it. It's practice. I'm still fairly queit in groups of people I don't know. But small groups I can handle. I always keep the lady laughing. It's all in your mind. You're boring? Who isn't? 99% of people life hum-drum lives and go about the same routine day in and day out. Most hot women are boring. :) When you're friends say you're boring they probablly mean you're not adventurous enough. Go clubbing get a hobby :).

In one year I have dated 4 girls, had conversations with countless others, made out with two and met plenty more. Speak to every girl as if you don't need her. Pretend you already have a girlfriend. Consider any conversation as practice. It's very easy to talk to girls, they just want someone to listen to them talk about their routine lives :). Just nod and say "uh-huh" a lot. Ask questions, LISTEN.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Re: Re: Serious help needed

Originally posted by NaturallySelected
Pretend you already have a girlfriend. Consider any conversation as practice.
haven't heard this before, good idea natural; i'm going to try that 2moro.
 
Top