self mantra

Firsty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some things about myself i want to change/improve overall (i realise noones perfect), feels more real if i post it so im expected to do them. Ill add things as i go along, make comments if u want no flames thanks.

1) I will start Eating Healthier and Exercise as much as i want to.
2) I will start Taking Control of my life.
3) I will take Responsibility for my situations/surroundings and myself.
4) I will openly speak my mind.
5) I will let go of any emotional bagage, and people holding me down.
6) I will actively pursue my goals and aspirations.
7) I will work to create the lifestyle i envision.
8) I will succeed.

one of the goals ive set is to get laid by New-years, yeah i know this is about the lifestyle but im tired of not knowing the experience.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be more specific about how you will meet each of these goals. Only then can you succeed. Good job starting this quest of self-improvement!

Firsty

Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Eating healthier : Read up, maybe see a nutritionist about a diet that'll allow me to cut bf% and allow me increase muscle mass.
Exercise: 30 min cardio work a day (boxing bag, skipping rope, jogging, sprints bah) or playing a sport as a substitue for the day.

2) Taking Control: Actively making decisions in my life instead of "going with the flow". Realising/Creating goals and working to achieve them.

3) Taking responsibility: Acknowleding that mistakes i make and problems ive created are my own and are not the result of other people. I guess being more mature in some ways.

4) Speaking my mind: Instead of reserving judgement for the sake of saving face i want to speak my mind and say what i truly mean/think.

5) Emotional bagage: blah blah long stroy everyone has one, i want to move on from mine, my past doesnt have to reflect on my furture, i guess accept myself and the way things are and the things that have happened.
People holding me down: i could tie this in with speaking my mind i think, as if i let them know what they are doing, confront them on the issue they will fall away from me (i did this with some of the worst offenders). expand my social network and meet the people i do want to hang around with and enjoy having around instead of feeling trapped in friendships that do more harm than good.

6) I will actively pursue my goals and aspirations: lol well the cure for inertia. im guessing id first start with truly finding out what i want to achieve, what i enjoy and expect from life. Then taking steps to bring me closer to it, I guess this is a good first step =) but i feel like i dont realise how hard its going to be, maybe low self esteem holding me down - i could probably do more things i enjoy define myself more as a person.

7) this is kinda the same as number 6 i think. lol maybe a freudian slip really need to work on inertia?

8) i will succeed: Im not going to give up until ive accomplished what i want, ill keep myself motivated by enjoying the change and realising setback are setbacks and not something permanent.

thanks for the tip potbelly, feeling stronger about this already!. i think my main problems are fear of putting myself out there and intertia procrastination that stems from it, any tips and stuff is appreciated!.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey good to see you made a real plan you can follow!

This is great stuff and you're definitely on the path to becoming a better man...the BEST man you can be. Dont' give up...you may fail numerous times, but keep getting up and trying. Hell I've failed probably 50 times since I've started my path to self-improvement and it seems like I am improving just an inch.

But add together 50 x 1 inch...that's quite a bit of improvement. I look back to yesterday and feel no different. I look back a year and say "wow..." Keep motivated with something, write your goal down and daydream about it in times of weakness. I don't do the "read before you sleep/wake" thing...I never do it haha, but whatever works for you.