self-improvement is masturbation, self-destruction is the answer...

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We all praise the movie fightclub, but don't the beliefs of sosuave conflict with those of the movie?

We all came to this site for self-improvement yet the movie tells us that self-improvement is as selfish as masturbating and is wrong. Of course the movie is not just about claiming that self-improvement is selfish; as a matter of fact it has a lot to it.

One of those things that really got my attention was the quote "self-improvement is masturbation, self-destruction is the answer". I interpret that quote as meaning that both self-improvement and masturbation give us a sense of joy and acomplishment but they don't really acomplish anything. Self-improvement only works for you, same with masturbation (you can't procreate by masturbating). Self-destruction is the answer because it shows how valuable life is.

Now, I know many of you have a different meaning for that quote. Some of you may even think completly different or have no idea what to make out of that quote. I want to hear those thoughts because that's the best I could come up with and is really conflicting with many of my beliefs.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
You haven't really giving us your definition of self-destruction.

Everyone that frequents this forum doesn't come here as a completely flawed person. Some of us already have the social skills that are needed to succeed in life and with women.

Fight Club isn't as good as people claim that it is, and I definitely wouldn't base my life off of the principles (if u can call them that) found in that move.

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My definition of self-destruction will be that you get rid of everything you know because everything you know is what makes you YOU, so by forgetting everything you know you are destroying yourself

Stoic_Mo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think like this...

Old you= fat AFC

rid yourself of the AFC in you (destroy)...then

New you= fit RAFC

"only after disaster can we be resurrected" - crashing n burning as an AFC, live n learn to go on the road to Don Juanism.

(typed this all our fast, might not make immediate sense)

trial n error

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lots of religious ideas tonight....

yah, the idea can be very much like a christ/phoenix kinda deal and the symbolism of baptism.

the idea of putting the old you to death that you may be "reborn"... a TRANSFORMATION. but the idea of rebirth is MUCH easier said than done.

how does one go about completely breaking with everything you were? forgetting everything you've known?

hmmmmm... it could involve (RE)PROGRAMMING YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS!

religions focus on ceremony, prayer, meditation, etc... and these things might serve the function of subconscious programming. secular versions of this might involve meditation (as well) along with things like NLP and affirmations.

also, FAKING IT TILL YOU MAKE IT, imo is another method of programming your unconscious and therein lies the value of all the techniques presented in these forums.

huh... you may be onto something.

delta

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Fight Club is based on the Buddhist idea that to let go of all earthly attachment will give you freedom and end suffering.

That's great if that's what you are looking for, but I want money, women, luxuries and I want to be healthy, good looking and well dressed, and the only way to get those is to improve myself.

Fight Club is definitely not a good example for DJs to follow. It's glamorised because it's Brad Pitt and because he looks damn cool as Tyler Durden. Would anyone here want to bed that crackwh*re Marla? And I don't see any other women fighting to be with those guys.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
It's a cute concept, but doesn't fully apply to guys who already have positive qualities. I like the conce[t of becoming your future self and to think and act like the person that you want to be....

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-destruction refers to destroying your "old" self and "old" mindset so you can build a new one. If you wanted to build a brand new house, would you just start improving an old, worn out house? No, you would destroy the old house and build a new one.

The Truth said:
That's great if that's what you are looking for, but I want money, women, luxuries and I want to be healthy, good looking and well dressed, and the only way to get those is to improve myself.
Why do you want all of this? Getting all this stuff will make you happy right? Why not feel good NOW, without all that stuff. Happiness is a mindest, and you don't need that stuff. "What you need, you will not get"

Fight Club is definitely not a good example for DJs to follow. It's glamorised because it's Brad Pitt and because he looks damn cool as Tyler Durden. Would anyone here want to bed that crackwh*re Marla? And I don't see any other women fighting to be with those guys.
That's why he is a DJ. He wants to have sex with her, and he doesn't CARE what you, or society would think if he did her. He's comfortable with himself without society's approval. Isn't that what we are all aiming for?

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a principle of life does seem to be that at times, you have LET GO (luke) in order to get what you want.

but then at other times, you have to fight tooth and nail for it.

so it's a toss up.

delta

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
Self-destruction refers to destroying your "old" self and "old" mindset so you can build a new one. If you wanted to build a brand new house, would you just start improving an old, worn out house? No, you would destroy the old house and build a new one.

Why do you want all of this? Getting all this stuff will make you happy right? Why not feel good NOW, without all that stuff. Happiness is a mindest, and you don't need that stuff. "What you need, you will not get"

That's why he is a DJ. He wants to have sex with her, and he doesn't CARE what you, or society would think if he did her. He's comfortable with himself without society's approval. Isn't that what we are all aiming for?

I would rehab the old house and make improvements to increase its equity.

Reaction score
"Self-improvement is masturbation, self-destruction is the answer... "

How about this...

"Self-Destruction is the question, self-improvement is the answer?"

Seduction, don juan tips and tactics, they are all a waste of time, BECAUSE, like Pook said, "We are in a bountiful forest." We will never run out of women. Why can't we just be men? How do we be men? How can the AFC be a man? Well, he just programs the beliefs of an alpha male into his own subconscious, once it's there, he'll think, act, and behave like an alpha male without even knowing he's doing it. Most guys that are really successful with women, are successful without understanding why, lol.

So the question is...will you sacrifice and invest your time wisely now (self-destruction) to reach your full potential (MAN i.e. Self-Improvement) because once you are Man, not only do you get women and the women you want, but you also get the life and live the life you want...why? Because men live the life they wish, and they hang with the women who are the best FOR THEM. Lol...we are in a bountiful forest gentlemen, we are not running short on women.

See most guys are deceiving themselves. Do this, act this way, run a pattern, allll to get the girl....why do you want to get the girl so bad? Why not get yourself? Do you know that once you become a man, most women, no matter how "sexy" they are, just are not that attractive to you anymore, you demand more? I think they called that a "challenge" but hell, who's playing that game, this is serious.

I always use this example. 100 girls in a room, 100 guys. 80% of the guys are either not manly, or too shy to do anything, thus....unattractive, they can't get the girls they want nor the ones they don't want, lol. So that leaves 20 guys, NOW PICK THE WOMEN YOU WANT. Don't you see how now, SHE'S the one who better stand out? SHE'S the one who better run some PATTERNS on your azz? She better whip out a Tony Clink layguide for women to fvck men...and she better remember allll your trance words because that girl next to her will!

If you can "see" what I am saying, you will be freed from the burden of "I must please women." Not saying women are bad, but...lol, just read what I just said again. See ya.

DonJuanForever

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanForever said:
"Self-improvement is masturbation, self-destruction is the answer... "

How about this...

"Self-Destruction is the question, self-improvement is the answer?"

Seduction, don juan tips and tactics, they are all a waste of time, BECAUSE, like Pook said, "We are in a bountiful forest." We will never run out of women. Why can't we just be men? How do we be men? How can the AFC be a man? Well, he just programs the beliefs of an alpha male into his own subconscious, once it's there, he'll think, act, and behave like an alpha male without even knowing he's doing it. Most guys that are really successful with women, are successful without understanding why, lol.

So the question is...will you sacrifice and invest your time wisely now (self-destruction) to reach your full potential (MAN i.e. Self-Improvement) because once you are Man, not only do you get women and the women you want, but you also get the life and live the life you want...why? Because men live the life they wish, and they hang with the women who are the best FOR THEM. Lol...we are in a bountiful forest gentlemen, we are not running short on women.

See most guys are deceiving themselves. Do this, act this way, run a pattern, allll to get the girl....why do you want to get the girl so bad? Why not get yourself? Do you know that once you become a man, most women, no matter how "sexy" they are, just are not that attractive to you anymore, you demand more? I think they called that a "challenge" but hell, who's playing that game, this is serious.

I always use this example. 100 girls in a room, 100 guys. 80% of the guys are either not manly, or too shy to do anything, thus....unattractive, they can't get the girls they want nor the ones they don't want, lol. So that leaves 20 guys, NOW PICK THE WOMEN YOU WANT. Don't you see how now, SHE'S the one who better stand out? SHE'S the one who better run some PATTERNS on your azz? She better whip out a Tony Clink layguide for women to fvck men...and she better remember allll your trance words because that girl next to her will!

If you can "see" what I am saying, you will be freed from the burden of "I must please women." Not saying women are bad, but...lol, just read what I just said again. See ya.

DonJuanForever

I get what your saying but that doesn't apply much to the idea

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fight Club is fiction. It's important to keep that in mind.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fight Club is pretty gay. And ironically most popular with those that have never had a fight.

Leonardus

Don Juan
Reaction score
fight club is a cool movie

and Tyler Durden is one of the greatest mascoline examples ive ever seen

SamMalone; he doesnt give a **** what society says or thinks
doh

He's well-dressed
He's VERY self insured
He's relaxed, couldnt have a worry less on his mind

im not saying this is the DJ life, but for sure his attitude
describes the "couldnt care less" part of a DJ to the fullest

the whole self-improvent is masturbation
i need some more time to think about that, but it sounds a bit farfetched

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
derEikopf said:
Fight Club is fiction. It's important to keep that in mind.

Nobody is saying that is a true story:crazy:

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Fight Club is pretty gay. And ironically most popular with those that have never had a fight.

Im a kickboxer and wrestler and got into lots of street fights yet i love that movie. So shut the phuck up.