"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Self Image and Visualization

Lee Roy Brown

New Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
North Coast NSW, Australia
This topic has probably been covered in different ways, but I'd like to share some of my own views, gained through direct experience.

Self Image is extremely influential in how we live our daily lives. A negative self image can sabotage your goals, setting you up for endless frustration. On the other hand, a positive self image can take you to heights you never imagined. I firmly believe the most important factor in transforming a negative image into a positive one is VISUALIZATION.

In most self help books and articles, affirmations are promoted as the best way to change self image. I don't disagree with this, but unless proper visualization accompanies the affirmations, the transformation will take much longer to occur, or not occur at all. My theory being that the subconcious mind responds much more effectively to internal imagery than internal dialogue.

If you visualize yourself achieving your goals, without stress and overcoming setbacks along the way towards those goals, then you have a positive self image which does not restrict your natural talents. Like me, those who fell into the trap of doubting their abilities and visualized things that could go wrong, need to work on changing their mental imagery so they can unlock the innate talents they have in many areas of their lives.

The key to proper visualization is to make sure the positive images of success are the first ones into your mind - not the ones where you see too many obstacles or failures. With regular practice and used alongside positive affirmations, this is an extremely powerful technique. I have used visualization for about 12 months now, and it has definitely had positive results. My studies have improved dramatically, I have quit smoking, and my level of confidence has risen to new heights (I still have a long way to go with women, but improved confidence is a good place to start).

Proper visualization can have an awesome effect on self image in all areas including study, sport, career and most definitely Don Juanmanship. If you see yourself doing it well, then you most likely will do it well.

All the best.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Rondavu

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Age
50
I do this when writing stand up comedy material. You can't write it correctly unless you visualize yourself performing it. I trance myself into being a person in the croud watching myself on stage. It works for me. I've gained a lot of wisdom in life by "putting myself in the other shoes". All this amounts to is imagining your another person watching yourself do something before you really do it. If it helps you, you can even put another face on you in your imagined scenerio. I believe it's a very powerful thing to learn how to be objective about yourself and your image. I learned how indirectly through writing comedy, but it really is applicable universally in any realm of self evaluation.
 

Lee Roy Brown

New Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
North Coast NSW, Australia
Phat Rabbit - I haven't read any of Ross Jeffries stuff as yet, but I'll get around to it one of these days.

Rondavu - Yes visualization is powerful, especially when done correctly. Try visualizing yourself delivering your comedy flawlessy from your point of view, as well as from the crowd's perspective. See if you get results that way too.

With practice, positive visualization can truly increase confidence when dealing with women. I speak from experience.

LRB
 
Top