Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seattle or Washington D.C.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been to Seattle, but already have plans to go next year for a conference, so that should be fun.

Been to DC as a kid I liked the history there. I don't like politicians, I'd love to out DJ those lying sack of ****s. The Democrats are all Girly Men and the Republicans are eggheads alot of time so I don't think that would be a problem.

Heard the girl/guy ratio in DC is very good but don't know much else about the dating or bar scene there.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I went to Seattle's Space Needle, I got fked...by the price of the ride. Met some cute chicks though. Here's the story: one guy in my group (fellow army reservist from Louisiana) is a alpha male. Got us all hooked up with the girl's friend. Ah the power of pack wolves. hehe!

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hyp, you must have caught Portland on a rare day

Portland is the panhandling captial of the West Coast. Lots of angry goths wearing black downtown, too. Most of the teenagers in that city are big time losers as they have one of the worst school districts in America. All their city schools are dumps.

Parts of it can be clean, but there's a lot of psycho freaks in Portland.

Worst looking women on this planet, too. If you see a classy, well-dressed professional woman downtown you gotta do a double-take as it's very rare ... and I worked downtown there so I know.

Parts of Portland are great, but it's hippie haven, with a lot of angry, overly-tatooed people walking around.

Seattle blows Portland away ... though Portland has minimal traffic, while Seattle's is bad. Still, my buddies in Seattle know the shortcuts (99 highway or whatever that's called that goes parallel to I-5) and I've rarely been in a traffic jam there.

I'm more of a small-town guy, having lived in lots of them and growing up in one, but if I was to move to a city, I'd move to Seattle.

I shouldn't be pumping it up so much, more people will move there. I guarantee almost any East Coast guy who moved there would never move away -- unless the rain got to them.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Question about Rainfall in Seattle

How many times does it rain during a typcial week, in the following months?

- April

- July

- October

I am okay with rain during the winder months (Nov - Feb/March) as bad weather is "expected", but I could do with out constant downpours during the most beautiful times of the year like Spring, Mid-Summer, and Early Fall (the months mentioned above). I'm just curious - give me a general idea of the rainfall during those times of the year.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypnotic, help me out here ...

... not quite sure on this, but I have visited often in each of those months.

April: Rains a fair amount, not as much as March, Feb., and January.

July: Hardly rains at all.

October: Doesn't rain very much at all. Winter rains start in November.

The myth of the Northwest is it is non-stop rain. From May to October it's pretty warm most of the time -- there always this strange rain in early June. November through February it rains on the West Side of the state and snows on the East Side of Washington and Oregon.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going off of any weather maps, charts, or archives - rather...I'll go off of my experience living in Seattle pretty much all my 27 years.

Off the top, Westcoaster is right...It isnt quite as bad as people think Seattle is a non-stop rain fest. Local Seattlites love the fact the whole country thinks it rains here a lot. Especially love when Californians stay away from wanting to move here and clog up our freeways and dirty up our downtown.

As for the months

April - About 65-70% of the month it rains. The weather is pretty mild in the low to mid 60's. Occassionally, it will hit around 70 later in the month moving into May.

July - Here's where the secret is let out. Like Westcoaster said...I think it rained one day in July with the average temperature at a comfortable 72-75 degrees. The last two weeks in July this past summer averaged around mid to upper 80's...with a couple days we hit 90's. Remember, this is high temperatures with NO humidity or dryness. The air is fresh, clean, and there it is completely barable.

Oct - Being in the first part of October now..the past 3 days have been sunny in the high 60's and low 70's. Just watching the news a couple of hours ago states the average temp in October around the mid 60's. I'd say it rains about 30% in October, mostly in the later part of the month.

Like Westcoast said...Jan, Feb, and March are all rain filled months where the weather is like 80-90% rain. And its grey and cold, often in the low to mid 50's.

I dunno if Seattle coined the term 'drizzle', but, it drizzles in Seattle a lot in the first three months of the year. Drizzle meaning not quite raining, but, imagine a grey cloudy, cold day, where it is damp and misty enough where you're not quite sure to turn your windshield wipers on...even the intermittent wipers seem a bit too much. Its the kind of dizzly, rain, grey and cloudy day for days and days and days that make you wanna move to Hawaii...haha...but when the Summer months come, you realize why you love Seattle. But when it rains...it POURS!

A lot of people ask me where I'd live if I would leave Seattle...I often say Hawaii for many obvious reasons. But, even if i lived in paradise, I'd still miss the 4 true seasons we get here in the Northwest. The leaves are turning brown now..fall here is amazing. Then the Snow comes during the winter..along with the spring rains...and just when you think you can't take anymore drizzle...the sun hits..and stays from June all the way to October.

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypnotiq, you said that it snows in Seattle. How often does it snow there, because I was told that it very seldomly snows there?

Also some friends and I are going to be up there in downtown Seattle for New Years this year and I was wanting to know if anyone has any ideas for partying (nothing to expensive though) or anything fun to do. Ive been there once before so I know of some of the touristy things but nothing besides that. We will also have a rental car for driving around outside of the city.

Everyone thanks for the advise and if anyone has anymore adise just state it.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up on the Puget Sound on the other side of Seattle. I live in California now and want to move back there just reading this! And don't worry about Mt. St. Helens. 1980 was as about as bad as it can get, and from the Seattle area it was more of a cool thing to watch and a minor nusiance than anything else. The sound was loud enough to shake our house, and I remember looking at the sky and wondering why there was this big thundercloud south of Mt. Rainier when the rest of the sky was so clear and beautiful. That was about the extend of it, plus a little dusting of ash-no big deal really. Mt. Rainier is a far bigger threat but as long as you don't buy a house in the Puyallup valley I wouldn't worry too much about that one either. Earthquakes can be scary if that is something you are not used to though.
Now my grandfather, who was supervising me when my parents were gone, wanted to go down and take pictures of the mountain when we knew what it was. This guy was something else-in his younger days growing up in the midwest when there was a tornado instead f going down to the basement he would go up onto the roof to watch the thing! So i went with him and we got within about 30 miles and he got some awesome photos of it going off. For me it was an experience to see such an awesome display of nature's power. It is also a good thing my mother wasn't home because she would have freaked if she had known at the time. My grandfather did have his issues, like he left my granmother for someone much younger, and I did not like this woman at all. Aside from that, I think I had the worlds most cool grandfather. :cool:

Last edited:

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats interesting Marcopolo and thanks for the feedback. Pullyup valley is around Tacoma if I am not mistaken ( I am not sure about that) I have been doing some thinking and talking to several people about switching schools (especially in diffrent states) in the middle of college. The only thing that bothers me is taking certain classes over again because it did not transfer. I am actually considering staying here until my bachelors and then relocating to Seattle unless I find some information stating that I would not have to take these classes over again. Another concern is I would have to wait a year once I got there to become a Washington resident or pay extremly high prices for out of state tuition.
I was also wanting to see if anyone knows of anything fun during this New years in downtown Seattle or anywhere in the Puget Sound. What is the atmosphere usually like? Any advice would be great.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Downtown Seattle on New Years is pretty live...There are usually two places everyone goes..

At the Space Needle...they have a fireworks show at midnight that explodes from the sides of the needle..

http://www.waltztv.com/Space Needle fireworks.jpg

Then everyone heads to the bars/nightclubs for some fun alcoholic goodness.

The other place people go is Pioneer Square strip where there are a bunch of after hours spots.

As far as Puyallup being near Tacoma...kind of, but the communities are very different...I'd rather buy a property in Puyallup vs Tacoma...A lot of new developements in Puyallup with better property value IMO.

Personally...stick with living closer to Seattle..I'm not sure of the transfer situation regarding your major...but there are very good local universities around seattle..

here's a link to help your research

http://www.50states.com/college/washingt.htm

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine wrote me recenty bemoaning the lack of single women in Seattle. He said it's filled with Microsoft/Amazon/technology workers...80% of whom are single men. Not that they pose much competition, but a sausage fest still a bit annoying.

Any truth to this?

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by zentraveller
A friend of mine wrote me recenty bemoaning the lack of single women in Seattle. He said it's filled with Microsoft/Amazon/technology workers...80% of whom are single men. Not that they pose much competition, but a sausage fest still a bit annoying.

Any truth to this?
I would think that would only be in a certain part of Seattle and not the entire city, like say NW Seattle or something. Though I could be wrong.