Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seattle or Washington D.C.

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am considering moving to D.C. or Seattle in the next year. Does anyone have any advice on which one is better. I have already been to Seattle and loved it. The type of work that I am interested in is big in both cities. I am currently in college for computers and I also have a big interest in criminal justice. Also, what are the women like in these cities. I would imagine the same as anywhere and I am currently living in the midwest. I will graduate in May with an associates and then continue on to one of these cities for my bachelors. I am just ready for a change in my life. If anyone has any suggestions on these two or any for that matter, I would definitly like to know.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to have a conversation with One on One. LOL.

I would go with Seattle personally, because I think the nature is just AMAZING there. Plus, there's an added benefit of another major city only an hour away - Vancouver, B.C. Also, imagine all the fun you'll be having taking road trips up and down the West Coast - all the way down to California! I've done that, and its the shiznit, man. It's the bomb. :cool:

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
DC has better looking women. They come from around the country because they are attracted to power. 3 out of 10 is a HB.

Seattle, if you can deal with the constant winter drizzle.

East coast field trips from DC: Philly, NY. The whole Chesapeake Baye.

Seattle has second highest housing market, right behind SF.

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I have been pretty much leading towards Seattle anyways, but I did not know that the housing cost was number 2 in the nation. Does anyone have anymore advice on these two or any other city?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by djntraining25
or any other city?
Sure. Move to New Orleans... tons of attractive ladies, relatively inexpensive housing (depending on location) and a killer nightlife.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did not hear about St. Helens, thanks for the advice. I have some friends that live an hour and a half north of St. Helens. I might have to check out New Orleans sometime. Thanks alot for all the advise. If anyone has anymore that would be great.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No brainer: Seattle

I've lived in the Northwest my entire life and the natural beauty is amazing. People who move here from the Midwest or East never go back. We don't have hills, we have mountains. We don't have crowded coastlines, we have unspoiled public beaches. We have incredible national parks like North Cascades, Glacier, Crater Lake, etc.

And the biggie for me: No humidity. Outside of the rain, the weather is awesome.

Seattle is a great sports town: Mariners draw well (not this year, they suck), UW football has a great venue, Seahawks are hopping, and if you don't like that, you're only an hour or less from some of the best scenery in the world.

You can be on a ski slope in an hour and not some chumpy small hill like in New York, real mountains.

On the downside is Northwest women aren't very impressive. Lots of granolas, artist-types, overly-tatooed and pierced angry pale white-skinned broads (Portland is probably the worst city in America for dating).

Seattle, however, has some classy women who look good and dress well.

Washington D.C. is a cocaine/drive-by haven with too much humidty and too many people.

Plus, the culture of the Northwest is great. You won't get flipped off for going the speed limit like you will in the East. People are way too wound-up over there. It's very laid back in the Northwest.

You can make the mistake of going to some humidity-infested dump full of angry people; or you can go to an incredibly beautiful place with great people.

I've never met a Midwesterner, Southerner, or East Coaster who moved to the Northwest and couldn't wait to get back to where they were from.

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info west coaster, I was out in Seattle two years ago visiting some friends and probably 99% of the people that I talked to were not originally from there. Lots of people were staitoned there for the military and decided to stay there because they loved it.

I do like the no humidity factor as I am from the midwest and we have extreme heat and high humidity not to mention it also gets extremly cold here. The only thing I dont like about Seattle is the high cost of living. Any more advice would be great

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it is expensive as is much of the West Coast due to the desireability to live here. Houses in the Midwest are pretty cheap compared to Seattle and California. Oregon is reasonable, but Seattle is way better than Portland, like by miles. Portland is full of angry hippies and lesbos.

Seattle's economy used to be awesome, now it's only OK. You can still find decent places to live that are fairly cheap, but not downtown and probably not on Queen Anne Hill.

I wouldn't live in South Seattle or in the towns of Kent, Renton, Burien, etc. They suck.

If you have to live outside the city, go north to Bothell or Edmonds. One neighborhood in Seattle that is fairly inexpensive (and quiet) is Ballard. My brother lived there for awhile and liked it.

If possible, don't live in a suburb as the traffic is brutal there and you'll be commuting a long time. Save the gas money and live in the city.

Lake City/Wedgewood district and the University district are decent, too.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Needed facts about Seattle

Before you move to the Puget Sound area, read this:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/forbes/P92017.asp

Worst cost of living in the country right now ... yikes! Make sure you have a job before moving. Seattle is getting pricey.

Still WAY better than Washington D.C. You wake up in the morning and one one side of the city are the snow-capped Cascade Mountains and on the other side is the sound and the snow-capped Olympic Mountains; and to the south is Mt. Rainier. No stupid humidity either.

But that cost of living thing is huge. However, I have friends and relatives in Seattle who have bought houses, have good jobs and love life there. It's a great vibe.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been to DC. Its dirty, ugly, and the women are dogs.

I live in Seattle and I'll be a bit partial to where I live. But I dont care, I love my city. All the fellas that have had any opinions regarding Seattle are all true.

Living on the West Coast is great. Vancouver Canada is an hour and a half drive. Portland (tax free shopping) is 2 hours south. You can take a 12-13 hour drive to San Fransisco California.

Yes, it rains in Seattle (a lot). But hell, you can ACTUALLY breath the air here. Our water is ACTUALLY blue, the air is fresh, we get all four seasons. Go backpacking in the summer, snowboarding in the winter, and all a 45 min drive from downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Pass.

Yes, the cost of living in Seattle is expensive. I own a condo in a newer built (2002) high rise in Downtown Seattle (Belltown to be exact). Expect to pay at least $300k for a one bedroom condo in the City. But, the 15 minute away suburbs north or south of Seattle are much more affordable. For a decent townhouse or condo north or south - $125k +

Personally, I'd look more into the suburbs up north of Seattle. Lynnwood, Bothell, Mount Lake Terrace. The eastside is NICE (Microsoft Campus, TMobile, etc) The eastside is pretty pricey though. The better suburbs south of Seattle I'd go are Renton, Kent, Federal Way. Just STAY AWAY from Tacoma.

Lastly, the women here are incredible. I've travelled a lot. And Seattle women are classy, sophisticated, and diverse. Want to date a Russian girl, take her to chinatown to eat, watch a Broadway Musical on at the 5th Ave Theatre, then go out after the play for the Greek Fest at the Univ of Wa...

Come to Seattle

any more questions...feel free to PM me...

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right Hyp

It's a tremendous city, one of the few in the country that when I enter it, it takes my breath away. The stunning scenery alone is reason to live there ... I know, scenery doesn't pay the bills, but still.

If all one's lived is in the Midwest or East, they don't understand. Mountains are literally an hour away, and huge mountains. A rain forest is 90 minutes or so away. (A little off on your Portland deal, however, hyp. I lived in Portland and it is 3 hours away, 180 miles; even if you drive fast as you have to slow down around Tacoma, Olympia, and Vancouver, Wash.; I've tried to do it in 2 and no way. But I understand your point. Also, has always taken me an hour to get to Snoqualmie, no matter how hard I try to cut it down.)

No matter what, however, Seattle is the bomb. It kicks butt, it is awesome. Great culture, great sports, great scenery ... I don't know much about the women other than I enjoy looking at them. I'd live there if I found the right job, instead I live in another fairly nice NW city, but it's just a pretender to Seattle.

Seattle or Washington D.C.? That's like deciding between Rosie O'Donnell and Halle Berry: It's a no-brainer, Seattle wins hands down!

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boise, Idaho: Don't laugh because it's in Idaho. About 450K in the metro area, cool and rocking downtown; sunny (no humidity) weather most of the year; winters not as cold as you think. Pretty cheap as in way cheaper than Seattle. Good economy. In the middle of a dry desert but only an hour from the mountains and less than an hour to great lakes and rivers. Some decent looking women, too, but it's more of a family town. Not really a city with a cosmopolitan feel; more of a big small town.

Portland: Smaller version of Seattle. I lived there for awhile and it's OK. Neat downtown, but economy is kind of skaky right now. If you want to make money, bite the bullet and move to Seattle, though Portland is significantly cheaper than Seattle. Worst place in the world for women: Lots of pasty-white, overly tatooed, overly-pierced, angry Avril Lavigne wannabes who hate men. Very anti-man and man-bashing culture in Portland.

Spokane: Wouldn't do it, it's a dump, IMO, though within an hour of about 30 lakes and nice ski areas.

Sacramento: Don't know much other than that it's hot, but I liked it when I visited. Kind of a neat place and way cheaper than the Bay Area. I actually like Davis, Calif., (15 miles outside of Sacramento) a lot better.

Missoula, Mont: Smaller town, but it has a university and lots of things going on. Kind of a granola haven, however. Economy is picking up there.

Wouldn't touch these towns: Tacoma (dirty and dumpy); Eugene (granola capital of the U.S. and a bad economy to boot); Redding (a dump and way too freaking hot).

If you like small towns I'd look at Corvallis, Oregon (great university town) and Bellingham, Washington (great university town right near the Candadian border and Vancouver, B.C.).

In the end, if you have $$$, go to Seattle; it's by far the best in the Northwest.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been to Seattle twice, 1999 and 2001. Loved it. I would say that I was very lucky because both were 2 weeks (army annual training) in the summer, no spot of cloud, and definitely no rain at all. Like Jakethesnake, I like the outdoors but hate if it rains all the time.

Loved their Hooters!

Mt. St. Helen COULD be a factor nowadays though.

D.C. has tons of chicks and places to go to. Lots of stuckups and drugs though.

Any other choices?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No reason to freak on St. Helens

It's certainly not like the one 20 years ago or so, and in the Northwest it comes with the territory, we're tough out here and can handle volcanoes! This latest eruption is tiny.

We don't climb hills in the NW, we hike mountains. We don't go on bike tours, we mountain bike. Things are bigger over here, and yes, sometimes more dangerous. But it's all part of living in the great Northwest.

Scenic magazines aren't going to NYC burroughs to do stories, they're going to the Northwest. Perhaps I'm arrogant about this, so be it. I was blessed to be born and raised -- and still live -- in the greatest part of the country. I'll take rain over intense summer humidity any day of the week.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright well I'm not gonna make any reccomendations, cause I've only been to DC, and even then I've only been in the tourist area (where all the presidential monuments are.) But are you guys saying DC is humid? I live about 45 miles west of DC and its really not that humid here, and our weather is pretty much the same as DC, just slightly cooler. But if you guys want humidity move to the midwest my sister can tell you all about that. I'm just a little confused cause Westcoaster keeps mentioning humidity.

Me personally I've never honestly felt entirly comfortable in the city, I've always personally enjoyed living in the country (course that's the only place I've lived). Of course my biggest problem with living in the country side is I sharply disagree with the politics and religious righteneous out here. So maybe someday I may decide I love the city life.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster knows his stuff.

Sooo freaking true about Tacoma..hahaha..the place is a dump..if any of you guys drive up through interstate 5 north through Tacoma heading to Seattle...there is this infamous stretch near the Tacoma Dome dubbed the "Aroma of Tacoma"..haha

Anyone who's been near there knows EXACTLY what I mean.

Yea...was just in Portland last weekend and hit a couple night spots near the waterfront park. Portland is probably, by far, the most cleanest and hospitable urban city I've ever been to. Its like a kinder Seattle. I didnt see a trace of graffitti on any walls, not a transient sleeping on the sidewalks or pissing in the alleys, and at 12am the streets are alive and vibrant w/o all the idiots running around most big cities.

Yea..Bellingham in Wa State is an awesome small city. Western Wa University builds this college town and its growing. I had a couple buddies up there and we always had a good time in the college area bars/night spots. The people are friendly, Seattle is about an hour/ hour and a half south, and Vancouver Canada is about 45 min North. The mecca of snowboarding in Wa State, Mount Baker, is about an hour/ hour and a half away.