Seasonal Sex-Drive falloff?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I can't help but wonder if I'm having kind of a seasonal affective thing going on with my sex drive. Ever since the days got shorter and it started getting colder, I just haven't felt as horny or as compelled to pursue women as I have in warmer months.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this. It could be other things, too...I just find it odd that it coincided and wonder if anyone else has seen a correlation. :)

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happened to me in the summer

I had this for a couple weeks last summer. I hadn't been dating in awhile, moved to a new town, was sleeping and eating poorly and basically had zippo s-drive. I couldn't understand it.

I changed my habits, started taking zinc vitamins (increases sperm count believe it or not) and actually took that no-whack challenge posted here and was about ready to climb the frickin' walls after 7 days -- I caved in after that.

Not sure on the shorter days, but review your eating and sleeping habits (and your whacking habits, too!).

Also, increased exercise at the gym shoots the s-drive up a lot. Good luck!

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, several years ago I noticed that I am
almost out of control in the summer. The phenomena begins in the spring and heightens in the middle of the summer, tapers of in the spring and is only a flicker of what it is in the summer.

It is not to a point that I feel I need to do any thing special about it though. I just accept it.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah sounds pretty normal, height of our sexual adrive seems to be during the summer, it slows down during the winter, doesnt comepletely leave but we probably want to cuddle more than have sex during the winter lol...

Anyways its good to get a break from your hormones and balls owning your mind! isn't it? take other priorities take care of your life etc.

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
Yeah sounds pretty normal, height of our sexual adrive seems to be during the summer, it slows down during the winter, doesnt comepletely leave but we probably want to cuddle more than have sex during the winter lol...

Anyways its good to get a break from your hormones and balls owning your mind! isn't it? take other priorities take care of your life etc.
chlywly, i must commend you on your posts in the past few days... you keep them short and to the point and you don't talk down to people when you give them advice. ~Zappa

niteguy2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
A theory I just thought of is that your ballocks are preparing them selves for hybernation. They know when it's about to get cold and we all know what happens when it gets cold out side we get the turtle effect thing going on. So since your bollocks don't like the cold they cause your sex drive to go down in hopes you keep them warm. they have a mind of their own, seriously;)

Jeremy

tomyv

Don Juan
Reaction score
happens every year

In the fall it's time for me to fish and hunt. Forget about women for awhile. Funny, I end up hooking up more during this time frame, probably because I don't worry about it at all.