Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sculpting my body

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about 6 ft tall, weighing about 210lbs. With clothes on, you can't really tell that i'm chubby, it just looks like i'm a little wide. I'm looking for a good way to loose weight and cut up. The thing is I'm lazy. I'll say, tomorrow morning, i'm going to go jogging, tomorrow morning comes and i'm tired as f*ck, all i want to do is go back to sleep and I end up not doing anything.

Also, I don't have any dumbells, can't afford any dumbells. Only thing I have are some self made 8lb wieghts that I wrap around my fist when I shadow box. I'll get things done if I have someone on my back pushing me to do things like a trainer. If it's left to me, any routine I come up with will only last about a week or less.

Here's a pic of me. Any suggestions

http://myspace-869.vo.llnwd.net/01292/96/81/1292211869_l.jpg

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pushups.. dont knock em they help alot. You can do tricep, wide grip, clap, fist etc. Pull ups/chin ups you can find something that supports you, even if you can only do a few pullups just keep at it. You can move two chairs together and or find something you can support your body on with your hands and do dips. If you do those things, that will take care of pretty much all the major muscle groups in upper body. For lower body you could do one legged squats (pistols) which work on your balance and one legged strength (which is good) Go to www.t-nation.com and look up tabata method and you can get your cardio crap done in like 4 minutes, and you will hurt for days after you do it. There's a lot more out there if you search.

edmond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For a start

For a start your genes are good and you look pretty strong. Those weights at home are a waste of your time. Don't spend your time doing triceps, biceps,cosmetic crap. You must join a gym with a Olympic bar, learn the BIG lifts, Squats, Dead Lift and Bench Press, free weights only.
Start only with the bar and VERY slowly increase the weights, train each lift only ONCE a week, no steroids, eat well, just as important rest well, don't buy Bodybuilding mags, they are full of crap.
Do not follow the flock of sheep at the gym.

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think the main point you have to control at the moment mate is your mental state!,

you said you feel like you just want to goto sleep or just chill?, this is only natural for the first few months (or as i felt anyway), this will no doubt be harder at the beginning but you just got to keep that mind thinking 'i want to improve, i want to do this', also the diet helps enormously on motivation if you are eating the right things but you MUST keep motivating yourself to keep going, this is the problem you'll have i think but IF you get the first few months out of the way and feel like your still 100% motivated then odds on you'll do the bizzo!

once you see the results, that's when the confidence comes and the motivation to persist in your training!

you can end up with the 6-pack and good muscles, the problem is the hard work you have to put in trying to get them, get that mindset goin!!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edmond said:
For a start your genes are good and you look pretty strong. Those weights at home are a waste of your time. Don't spend your time doing triceps, biceps,cosmetic crap. You must join a gym with a Olympic bar, learn the BIG lifts, Squats, Dead Lift and Bench Press, free weights only.
Start only with the bar and VERY slowly increase the weights, train each lift only ONCE a week, no steroids, eat well, just as important rest well, don't buy Bodybuilding mags, they are full of crap.
Do not follow the flock of sheep at the gym.
Very slowly? I'd add weight as you can handle it. If you can make 10lb increases each week, do it. More? Go for it. I always work up to a 3rep max, jumping about 10-20lbs each set until I feel that I've hit the roof. Then I strip the weight and move on to the assistance exercises.

My squats/deadlifts jump about 10-15lbs each week, and my bench is usually about 5-10lbs a week.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys say he's "blessed with good genetics"...How can you tell? what would be an example of "bad genetics"?

I sort of have the same shape as him...not quite as much body fat to be honest, but im intruiged by this

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't really tell how well he's built by that picture. I honestly wouldnt call him blessed with good/bad genetics either way.

Good genetics basically means you add strength/muscle easily. Your naturally muscular, you don't have to work hard to pack on the mass. "Bad" genetics is more or less the opposite of that.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I know what having good genetics means, man. I'm just curious as to how they decide this from that pic.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, yeah I can't really tell that either.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, if you want some motivation, go stand naked in front of the mirror and grab your fat and wiggle it around. Flex your biceps and jiggle them around and go "Hercuhlees, Hercuhlees!"

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Yeah. I know what having good genetics means, man. I'm just curious as to how they decide this from that pic.

He's an inch taller than me, and a full 95 lbs bigger than me. I think that's the definition of good genetics. If he achieved that without lifting weights, a simple cut and increase of protein would make him a built MFer without even working out that much.