Scientific proof pertaining to some behaviors women show

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, then cite it. Go ahead.

I understand what you're getting at -- that portion of my post was a bit condescending and over-the-top. But the rest of what I said still stands. If you _want_ to bring up science, be prepared to _talk_ science, i.e. start citing everything you say and be prepared to get really technical. Personally I don't see the point in doing that on a pick up/lifestyle forum (anecdotal advice is almost preferred here, I would say!) but if for whatever reason you want to start talking about scientific evidence then go ahead, start talking science. Cite. Get extremely specific. The burden of proof is on you, and has nothing to do with how "adaptive" I am.

Again, the take-home message of my post wasn't to bash what you said (now that I look at it, yeah, it was a little unwarranted). But surely, since both of us have some science background, you can understand why I get kinda pissed off when I see a post that claims "scientific proof".

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Majoring in the areas of science/biology doesn't make you an itellectual. What it means is that you are probably left-brain dominant, and you find subjects such as mathematics easier. (Just calling out the guy who said that). I'd say half the people in my school are majoring in biology. They are persistent people, but they are mainly doing it because of social pressure (ie: their family telling them they need to succeed and make money). The ones I know can't write an essay to save their life.

I agree with the OP, except for the area of working out. I have been lifting since I was 14, and I post on bodybuilding.com regularly. One of the things you will often see people complaining about on that website is how girls don't care if you work out or not. I have BB friends as well, and they say the same thing. Girls generally don't care if you're yoked or not.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
handle said:
Ok, then cite it. Go ahead.

I understand what you're getting at -- that portion of my post was a bit condescending and over-the-top. But the rest of what I said still stands. If you _want_ to bring up science, be prepared to _talk_ science, i.e. start citing everything you say and be prepared to get really technical. Personally I don't see the point in doing that on a pick up/lifestyle forum (anecdotal advice is almost preferred here, I would say!) but if for whatever reason you want to start talking about scientific evidence then go ahead, start talking science. Cite. Get extremely specific. The burden of proof is on you, and has nothing to do with how "adaptive" I am.

Again, the take-home message of my post wasn't to bash what you said (now that I look at it, yeah, it was a little unwarranted)."But surely, since both of us have some science background, you can understand why I get kinda pissed off when I see a post that claims "scientific proof."
I know what you mean of people claiming some stuff is science when it really isn't. My ideas are legit, though. If you want proof, PM me and I'll give you the titles of my textbooks from which you can obtain all the citations.

Swimmer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice thread Robyn! :)

Keep posting scientific proof about human nature.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Communication

The other day an attractive cougar opened me and I did not know how to react. I thought I needed a different game with cougars and then realized it may just be the same good, old game with a few tweaks here and there. What is definitely different is the way you communicate with them. They are less in demand compared to younger women and your confidence goes a longer way with them (after you successfully diffuse the whole "I am old enough to be your mother" sh!t test).

A considerable number relationships and marriages end because of poor communication between the partners. As a DJ you must be able to communicate your intentions clearly and honesty. This includes opening, getting the number, flirting, calling to set up a hangout, tell her about women you are seeing if she asks, etc. It is impossible to complete these key factors without efficient communication. So what can you do? You must be 100% honest about your intentions.

Communication is over 90% non-verbal and the remainder is what comes out of your mouth. A message in which your body language and your words convey the same meaning is a congruent message. Women will give you sh!t test after sh!t to test this aspect of you. You may think you are James Bond, but if your body language says otherwise you will be toast. If your mother says "I love you" while looking away & her arms crossed, it conveys a different message than when she says says "I love you" while looking at your eyes and giving you a warm smile. There are two things you can do to be more congruent: Have someone videotape you or look at yourself in the mirror and observe how you smile, walk, move, interact with others, etc. The results will blow your mind as you will see things about yourself that you had no idea you had. We are egocentric creatures and as much as we'd like to think that we understand the visual perspectives of others, it is not the case.

Work on your tone of voice, the way you stand, walk, carry yourself, eye contact, convey emotions, and you will see a great difference in the way women react to you. Go in with the mentality that she is going head over heels for you and you might just be surprised of the reaction you get. Will you succeed 100% of the time? No. If fact, it won't even be 50% of the time and that is okay. This "she wants me" mentality creates a self-fulfilling prophecy in which believing you will succeed actually changes the way you interact with the chick (subconsciously of course. Go around verbalizing this and people will think you are crazy). It is strange and it definitely does not make sense, but try it and you will testify to how well it works.

konmai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing mind blowing that hasn't been discussed on SS before. As for sh!t tests, don't know why us guys get frustrated with them. Can't really blame a girl. Why take years, months, weeks to suss out a guy's weaknesses, when they can do it in minutes? Any smart human being would do the same.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Liking and drawing conclusions about other people and vice versa

It has been a long time since I have updated this tread, so time to come back, here we go!

ladyzman said:
Thanks. This is good stuff.
You're welcome. Thanks for the comment.

konmai said:
Nothing mind blowing that hasn't been discussed on SS before. As for sh!t tests, don't know why us guys get frustrated with them. Can't really blame a girl. Why take years, months, weeks to suss out a guy's weaknesses, when they can do it in minutes? Any smart human being would do the same.
Thanks for your import, mate. Good point regarding saving time when meeting people. In fact, we are constantly running on autopilot mode and make inferences about our world based on the smallest clues; it's amazing. Now in response to you other comment: this thread is more of a psychological explanation behind behavior based on science, instead of something revolutionary or a glitch in the female psyche.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, I have a video of a psychological experiment for you guys. It is about the importance of first impressions and also reviews Pook's view of "judge a woman by her actions and not her words" which is also supported by psychology.

I'm not going to be doing much writing and allow the video to explain the results of the experiment on attraction. Note: the halo effect is a genuine psychological finding that takes place beyond dating and attraction.

Enough talking here it is: VIDEO

Last edited:

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social Capital

Social Capital refers to the social connections, support system, resources (economic, social, material, etc) that one has available. Contrary to popular belief, it is not only your financial status. It is similar to socioeconomic status (SES), which refers to the kind of job you have, the kind of school you attend, the people you know; however, you do not need to be wealthy to have high social capital.

Moreover, I was recently reading a book on Native American life, the destruction of their culture, and subsequent marginalized. In the book, the author introduces a Native American grandmother who every person in the Indian reservation knew and liked very much. She was poor all her life, but she constantly had people helping her cook, making donations to her, helping her rebuild her house, come to her for advice, etc. When she passed away, her family organized the wake in a small house expecting 20-30 people. Nonetheless, grandma had so much social capital that over 2000 people showed up. Because people demanded to say goodbye to her, family members took her body to a stadium where all the people could get their last goodbye.

Social capital will not only get you more women through obvious social connections. It will get your resources, money, free things (ex: food, books, services, bl0wjobs, etc). It will get you into parties, get you presents, get people to be thrilled to see you, etc. Form a tightly-knit set of social connections and be genuinely interested and excited to interact and share things with others; you will be shocked at the things that will happen!

Source: Community Psychology.

Keep being money,

-Robyn

bluenorther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EVOLUTIONARY Psychology is probably where this should all begin, since women today base much of their behaviour on what they did to survive 50,000 years ago.
If anything, I see more evolutionary behaviour today than when I was starting out, thirty years ago. The sh!t-tests are more predictable and obvious, the bad boy attraction, the psychoses, everything.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flirtatious women and infidelity

I have been reading an overwhelming amount of psychology literature for school in the last 3 months--ranging from abnormal to criminology (including evolutionary psychology).

Specifically, I reviewed several research studies related to attraction, flirtation, infidelity and their relation to a woman's ovulation cycle. Long story short, I found women are much more likely to wear more revealing and fit clothes (to reveal their figures and skin) when ovulating. Almost all women are more prone to flirtation when ovulating. However, women with husbands/boyfriends were even especially likely to be flirtatious during this timeframe; yet, they were not flirtatious with their partners. Instead, they preferred engaging in social activities with members of the same sex--the infamous "girls night out"--and flirted excessively with other (non-husband/boyfriend) males, suggesting a heightened probability of infidelity. That is to say, a significant number of women, both consciously and unconsciously, place themselves in a situation where males will have to compete over their sexual availability (think AW's, ego inflation, and AFC's putting HBs on pedestals).

Furthermore, studies regarding male social status indicated that women's rating of men as more attractive are significantly dependent upon the type of vehicle he drives. (Yup, your wheels matter). And although women asserted preferring these cars because of vehicular "safety reasons," these automobiles also happened to be among those with the highest price tags (BMW's, Mercedes, etc.). Again, I am sure many of you were aware of these trends, yet it is refreshing to hear these have been proven through systematic, non-anecdotal forms evidence). Last, but not least, a woman's attraction to a male can jump up to 4 points (for example: from rating a "male HB" from a 5 to a 9) based on his perceived income (this is why dressing well and grooming yourself matters--eve more than many of us believe). The positive correlation among attraction and income grew stronger as income escalated; there was even a male rated as a "4" when presented with a yearly $32,000 income, yet when his income was changed to $320,000, his ratings reached up to a "10" status. These correlations were also true for very attractive and fit males. Model-type men who earned 32,000 a year were seen almost as unattractive as those who were less physically attractive.

PS: I have become increasingly indulgent in the theoretical frameworks, cold-approaching, and using them to spark attraction. I am working in getting myself into a research lab to study attraction more closely with a professor and ultimately run my own experiment(s). I do not want to get ahead of myself, though, so let's just focus on what others have published for now. I will update with time. Nevertheless, I know some of you will think I may just be a "keyboard jockey." If you think this is the case, look into my FR's and what I have gotten away with in my posting history.

Keep being money,

-R

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Orchard said:
I'm not seeing any science. Unless you classify Pick-up related products as research material.

That's what I was thinking.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
That's what I was thinking.
I'm not profiting or searching for praising from these postings. Also, I refuted this guy ^ who only had 30 posts (in a PM because I don't like bashing people). The bottom line is: no one is forcing anybody to read this thread; if you think it's not scientific, simply don't read it. I am sure, however, that most of you are insightful enough to see what's in front of you.

PS: I don't post all the citations because the posts would come out so long that most of us (including myself) would not read. If you would like to see them, feel free to PM me.

Keep being money,

-R

spiegel549

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read this entire post. Its excellent. Keep up the good work!

Just a personal note, I have been PUSHING the cold approaches the past 2 weeks and using everything I have read from this site...this post and others, and seriously what a 180 it has been for me.

It really is a breath of fresh air to just MAKE THE APPROACH. 90% of the time I get a positive response, even if I don't get the number I practice every day flirting/talking to every female that walks by me.

It's posts like this that I read before going out and I feel like a million bucks when I roll out!! Anyway keep up this post I like the good info!

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
Social proof is part of the game with women; it is how the way people view you
causes people to react differently to one person or group versus another group.

In the following videos, there is a man who is lying on the ground pretending to be injured and needing help. Ever wonder why people just walk by as if other people are invisible? If you have read this far, you are probably the kind of person who is open to new ideas. Don't click on the links below unless you are ready to know the truth. This will experiment will change the way you see social proof in and free will in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsPfbup0ac&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGaJrgi_SpE&feature=related

-Rico
I have little faith in humanity, genuine humanity, this backs it up. the world is a false, superficial place and the more westernised the more false and self serving.

lavalamp69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
I'm a Psychology college student and I'm very interested in behavior, dating, and women. I have a good exposure to the academics and I'm hooked on learning. Enough about me, this is a small database I put together based on my experience. All the info contained here is backed up by research.

Women who wear tiny clothes playing hard to get:

Emotions are officially the most addictive drugs that exists. Developmental psychology recognizes attention (and the chemical reaction in the brain) as being the most sought-after feeling in humans. Think about a baby crying and a mom going to check on him. She has no idea why he's crying, hence, crying catches attention & gets the baby what he needs. If babies who are only a few months old know what to do to get what they want, what do you think a smoking-hot woman can come up with to get what she wants out of you? :rolleyes: Don't get whipped! :trouble:

Give her your full attention and she will be out the door before you can say "I'm a chump." Give an addict a high dose of drugs & he will probably die, just like attraction dies when you give too much attention to a woman. On the other hand, give her few small pills of your attention a week & reward her with a few extra ones when she "behaves" :whistle: and you will have her coming back for more and more.

Sh!t tests:

I'm repulsed by how much the term above appears in this forum. However, it is a must I bring it up. Women will give you tests to see right through you. Psychologically, she is trying to find someone who will keep up with her & has similarities, along with a man who can produce attractive children that will survive to the next generation, and beat the crap out of other males who want to hurt her or her offspring. This is why hitting the gym is important.

She can get 100 times more information in a single 10-second test than by conducting an interview on you. The sh!t test is "lie-proof" according to her mentality because that's what has been working for generations. If you pass 5/10 tests, that's default probability. Yet, if you successfully pass 9/10 chances are you got your game together. Just like if you flipped a coin 10 times and it always lands on the tails side; the coin is probably weighed. This is why building rapport and getting through your target's persona is so important.

Men who grew up without a paternal figure:

Boys who were raised by single mothers have about the same probability to be healthy and lead a normal lifestyle their counterparts who were raised by both parents. Nevertheless, a paternal figure MUST be present in the boys life for him to become a MAN & model healthy social behavior accepted int he culture. This is where many guys are stuck and learned to be sweet boys, better known as AFC's in this forum.

What if you're all grown up already? Well, hangout with some guys who are already successful at meeting women (or whatever your goal may be). By surrounding yourself with people who have more experience, status & confidence, you will most likely blend in to avoid being the outsider (and some chumps will run :whistle: ).

Now, am I saying that you should systematically think about science when you're out with a cutie? Hell no. Stop trying to overanalyze everything and just go for the fish. Are you scared of other men who are smaller and skinnier than you? Most of you will answer no. Then why the HECK would you be scared of a woman who is way weaker than you? Well, there is an area in your cerebral cortex where pain is registered through your central nervous system. When you cut yourself, your nerves put a little note in an envelope that says "this hurts!", and then send it to the brain. Similarly, social rejection "pokes" the same exact area of the brain (through the examination of MRI's) when you get rejected. Hence, it literally hurts.

So what can you do? The mind is the most advanced biological machine that has ever existed. You can literally train your mind to ELIMINATE pain & failure from your reality. A break-up can be a negative experience. Shoosh...so she dumped your sorry butt for some other guy & now you're lonely & frustrated. Nooo....she did you a FAVOR. You need to work on your game and self-esteem before you do this to yourself again. The end of a relationship is the beginning of a better, more fulfilling relationship with a cuter babe.

Dating and life in general are defined by the choices we make. By not talking to people, you are missing out on making new friends. By staying with a psycho girlfriend, you are missing out on a beautiful, healthy woman out there. By denying scientific findings, you chose to stay ignorant. And most importantly, by NOT making a decision, you are, paradoxically, making a decision.

Keep moving forward, fellas! I'll update in the future.
I didnt see a single bit of science in what you have said here. In fact, Im seeing the opposite. Everything you are saying here is horse****.

Show me your scientific source on what you said about women wearing tiny clothes playing hard to get. It looks like you pulled all of that out of your ass and you have no clue what you are talking about.

Show me your scientific source for what you said aboutSh!t tests.

Show me your scientific source for what you said about men who grew up without a paternal figure.

You claim to be talking science but you come across as scientifically illiterate instead. It looks like you just made all that up. POST YOUR SOURCES ON THIS THREAD, DONT GO OFFERING TO PM THEM TO PEOPLE.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
I have been reading an overwhelming amount of psychology literature for school in the last 3 months--ranging from abnormal to criminology (including evolutionary psychology).

Specifically, I reviewed several research studies related to attraction, flirtation, infidelity and their relation to a woman's ovulation cycle. Long story short, I found women are much more likely to wear more revealing and fit clothes (to reveal their figures and skin) when ovulating. Almost all women are more prone to flirtation when ovulating. However, women with husbands/boyfriends were even especially likely to be flirtatious during this timeframe; yet, they were not flirtatious with their partners. Instead, they preferred engaging in social activities with members of the same sex--the infamous "girls night out"--and flirted excessively with other (non-husband/boyfriend) males, suggesting a heightened probability of infidelity. That is to say, a significant number of women, both consciously and unconsciously, place themselves in a situation where males will have to compete over their sexual availability (think AW's, ego inflation, and AFC's putting HBs on pedestals).

Furthermore, studies regarding male social status indicated that women's rating of men as more attractive are significantly dependent upon the type of vehicle he drives. (Yup, your wheels matter). And although women asserted preferring these cars because of vehicular "safety reasons," these automobiles also happened to be among those with the highest price tags (BMW's, Mercedes, etc.). Again, I am sure many of you were aware of these trends, yet it is refreshing to hear these have been proven through systematic, non-anecdotal forms evidence). Last, but not least, a woman's attraction to a male can jump up to 4 points (for example: from rating a "male HB" from a 5 to a 9) based on his perceived income (this is why dressing well and grooming yourself matters--eve more than many of us believe). The positive correlation among attraction and income grew stronger as income escalated; there was even a male rated as a "4" when presented with a yearly $32,000 income, yet when his income was changed to $320,000, his ratings reached up to a "10" status. These correlations were also true for very attractive and fit males. Model-type men who earned 32,000 a year were seen almost as unattractive as those who were less physically attractive.

PS: I have become increasingly indulgent in the theoretical frameworks, cold-approaching, and using them to spark attraction. I am working in getting myself into a research lab to study attraction more closely with a professor and ultimately run my own experiment(s). I do not want to get ahead of myself, though, so let's just focus on what others have published for now. I will update with time. Nevertheless, I know some of you will think I may just be a "keyboard jockey." If you think this is the case, look into my FR's and what I have gotten away with in my posting history.

Keep being money,

-R
Are you looking at data from the 1950's? Or from the Jersey Shore? :crackup:

The reality is that many women make as much or more than men these days.

1950's women wanted a nice house with a white picket fence and 2.5 children.

Modern women want a hot guy to fvck. Get with the program man. It is 2012 and almost 2013 now.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
Are you looking at data from the 1950's? Or from the Jersey Shore? :crackup:

The reality is that many women make as much or more than men these days.

1950's women wanted a nice house with a white picket fence and 2.5 children.

Modern women want a hot guy to fvck. Get with the program man. It is 2012 and almost 2013 now.
What's your source for making that claim? Mmm...that's what I thought.

That is exactly my point, Einstein. The data is from 2010 and proved true in the European and American continents. I feel people have adopted some distorted way of reality when they make comments such as the one above ^ Not only a true DJ, but also evolutionary psychology would tell you that regardless of all the sophisticated, classy facades women construct to portray themselves nowadays, deep inside, most of them hold on to traditional values (and most of them are little girls inside holding on to Disney depictions of romance). Ultimately, most want a nice house, car, financial stability, and children--take a close look and find out on your own.

They were obviously having sex in the 50's or otherwise none of us would have been born. Women want to have sex probably just as more as 100 years ago (drive wise), the only thing that has changed is the amount of stigma associated with female promiscuity and sexual advances on their behalf. But regardless of how masculine or tough a woman wishes or appears to be, she will still have instincts to seek out a male who can provide attractive offspring...a man who has physical and financial security for she and her offspring. This is the same rationale that has been running the female mind for thousands of years, and it is unlikely to change anytime soon (despite all propaganda). Lastly, I think I speak for the majority of men in here if I say that women in the 1950's were of higher quality than women today. Think outside the box, bro. Don't buy into the propaganda; you should know that with all those rep boxes.

-R

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
Boys who were raised by single mothers have about the same probability to be healthy and lead a normal lifestyle their counterparts who were raised by both parents.
That's what your psychology professor said. Unfortunately, it's complete BS.