Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sciences says men who "chase" women are losers

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to chase women, but I toned it down, still have relapses here and there, but taking small steps towards improvement. I'm curious what people think of me if they notice me not checking out hot women. I guess a few people would think I am stuck up or gay, I personally don't care just a curious. From my experience the less I worry about hooking up the more interested the women seem. I always remind me self they are human, they burp, they fart and they take smelly dumps and they cake on make up and use extensions..

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though I agree with the fundamental philosophy, understand that the British media is highly feminised. Mainstream newspapers literally represent everything in black and white; i.e. "This written here is hard and fast truth, 100 percent of the time, for 101 percent of people."

The report and the supporting 'science' is almost completely void of objectivity. Phrases like 'responsive', 'friendly', 'attentive', 'agreeable' are far too vague to be called scientific and can be interpreted any which way, by anyone. A man can be all of these things, while maintaining confident c&f attitude and still get laid every day of the week.

I imagine that this is the kind of pseudoscience nonsense that happens in Gender Studies class; and as the 'research' cited was conducted at universities, on undergrads, I imagine that's exactly where it did happen.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is not what the article said. It sounds more like the classic nice guy being interpreted as manipulative, faminine, desperate or looking for a quick lay. That's not chasing women though, that's supplicating to them or being desperate. That being said, not all of the women viewed that as unfavorable trait.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Though I agree with the fundamental philosophy, understand that the British media is highly feminised. Mainstream newspapers literally represent everything in black and white; i.e. "This written here is hard and fast truth, 100 percent of the time, for 101 percent of people."

The report and the supporting 'science' is almost completely void of objectivity. Phrases like 'responsive', 'friendly', 'attentive', 'agreeable' are far too vague to be called scientific and can be interpreted any which way, by anyone. A man can be all of these things, while maintaining confident c&f attitude and still get laid every day of the week.

I imagine that this is the kind of pseudoscience nonsense that happens in Gender Studies class; and as the 'research' cited was conducted at universities, on undergrads, I imagine that's exactly where it did happen.
Men need to understand that pursuing a woman and "chasing" a woman are not the same thing.

Masculine men pursue women (of course). Betas chase women. What's the difference? Pursuing a woman is initiating and making your sexual interest known. Then you let the woman make her own decision. Chasing is when you relentlessly and tirelessly follow, analyze and cling to an individual woman making her your #1 priority over all other things.. even after she shows little sexual interest or little respect for you.

Regardless of weather this study was done on college students or is "feminized"... all red pillers know that women don't respect or feel attraction toward desperate, thirsty, over-attentive men.

Also.. remember that on SoSuave we are only talking about attractive women. Generally HB7 and higher. If you're dating women below that you don't need SoSuave.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men need to understand that pursuing a woman and "chasing" a woman are not the same thing.

Masculine men pursue women (of course). Betas chase women. What's the difference? Pursuing a woman is initiating and making your sexual interest known. Then you let the woman make her own decision. Chasing is when you relentlessly and tirelessly follow, analyze and cling to an individual woman making her your #1 priority over all other things.. even after she shows little sexual interest or little respect for you.

Regardless of weather this study was done on college students or is "feminized"... all red pillers know that women don't respect or feel attraction toward desperate, thirsty, over-attentive men.

Also.. remember that on SoSuave we are only talking about attractive women. Generally HB7 and higher. If you're dating women below that you don't need SoSuave.
Like I say, I agree with the fundamental theory; as I do with your words above. I would almost say that 'indication of intent' would be preferable still to 'pursuit'. But you know, potato/tomato and all that....

I guess my critique was of the article and 'research' itself, opposed to the thread concept. Far too much social science has been conducted on a very narrow sample population (higher education students), since the birth of modern psychology. There are sample and individual biases across the board and social science is notoriously ungeneralisable for these among other quite profound reasons. As a brief aside, I find chicks who haven't studied higher ed. to be slightly different animals than those who have.

Par example; the sample population we might assume would be mostly singletons (probably undesirable for the most part), who are actually interested and have time to participate in such poorly designed research (again, probably mostly blue pill undesirables); all of which leads me to an informed assumption that the majority participants have quite overly-inflated opinions of their own worth, let alone being able to realistically judge that of others.

I guess the link just grates a little as it is a poor (wo)man's attempt at acknowledging the gulf of red pill understanding that we have, while barely even scratching the surface. Good on her for trying mind; I am just arguing for the sakes of it now!

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.

Yes. Finally someone who differentiates between the two .

Vivacity

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shot = Asking a girl her number (or) contacting her via text or call (or) asking a girl out on a date or meetup. IMO.

up to 3 shots = Pursuing

>3, up to 4 to 5 shots = Chasing

> 5 shots = Begging

Never chased and never begged anyone for anything in my life.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Agree 100%. Be masculine and put the interest out there. Have self respect. If she returns your volley then it's game on. If she isn't interested move on, if she is disrespectful, re-evaluate and/or move on.

You don't keep serving to an unwilling partner or an unkind partner or a "what have you done for me lately" partner. Unless of course you want a woman to take advantage of everything you are serving up since you are naïve enough to do so. This is how gold diggers operate. They look for men who "chase" them so they can take advantage of said men.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
The whole site, essentially the whole world, runs on this sentence.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women sense nice guy behavior as dishonest and manipulative... which it is.

Like Pook says, nobody wants a bird that willingly flies into a cage... the only ones that do this are wounded and weak creatures.

She needs to chase you or you are not worth having, don't need 'science' to understand this, it's basic human nature.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Pook says, nobody wants a bird that willingly flies into a cage... the only ones that do this are wounded and weak creatures.
Meh, that's a popular saying, but I don't think it's necessarily true. If two people meet each other, form an obvious connection, and both want the same thing (which happens), I don't see that as a sign of weakness.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that saying supposes sub-contextually guys who are just desperate to get into any relationship they can. For example when a dude tries to force something that isn't there or gets very needy very quickly when he barely knows 'her'.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As has been said before, you don't have to be an a$$hole to be either alpha and/or successful with women. It simply doesn't come naturally to most guys.

>Nice guy + false befriending + ulterior motives + white knighting + lack of other options + lack of backbone + lack attraction from target + chasing = fail.

>Nice guy + indication of intentions + c0cky&funny + escalation + social selection + passions + mutual attraction from target + take it or leave it attitude = win.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, that's a popular saying, but I don't think it's necessarily true. If two people meet each other, form an obvious connection, and both want the same thing (which happens), I don't see that as a sign of weakness.
In the short run yes, with some women, but over time if you make it too easy for them to get you she will always wonder if she can do better, and once that starts... her hyper-gamy kicks in and soon you will be history. But hy if you are only looking for short term things and a wiliness to get whatever falls in your lap, yea acting weak and needy will work for awhile.

With higher quality women, if you come off as too easy and needy they will NEVER give you a shot, because they know it will be hard to get rid of you when you become too attached too soon. This is why they test you for neediness and compliance.

Just like the blind squirrel and the acorn... every now and then the needy pleasing guy gets the girl, but it never lasts... unless the dude either has a ton of cash to throw at her, or is willing to turn a blind eye to her occasional indiscretions. Rich cuckholds can get away with being needy.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But hy if you are only looking for short term things and a wiliness to get whatever falls in your lap, yea acting weak and needy will work for awhile.
Stop right there. I never said anything about acting weak and needy. A man should never act weak or needy. I said that IF two people find a connection, are mutually attracted to each other, and are both of the same mind to commit to each other, THEN that is not a sign of weakness. This presupposes that the woman has very high interest and treats him accordingly.

I know there are some here who hold the philosophy that any man who would willingly commit to a woman under ANY circumstances is automatically weak, because any real alpha man would be out slinging c0ck with his harem until the end of the days. And people are free to believe that, but I would say we will have to agree to disagree.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

this post should be made into it's own thread and stickied

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop right there. I never said anything about acting weak and needy. A man should never act weak or needy. I said that IF two people find a connection, are mutually attracted to each other, and are both of the same mind to commit to each other, THEN that is not a sign of weakness. This presupposes that the woman has very high interest and treats him accordingly.

I know there are some here who hold the philosophy that any man who would willingly commit to a woman under ANY circumstances is automatically weak, because any real alpha man would be out slinging c0ck with his harem until the end of the days. And people are free to believe that, but I would say we will have to agree to disagree.

I'm with Zekko on this. Currently in a LTR for almost 2 years. Me and the girl have a lot in common from our interests to our personality to how we view the world and deal with people.. and i don't think it makes me any less alpha.. I'm always ready to walk away if sh1t hits the fan.. In fact during a few bad fights I walked out of her house saying I'm breaking up with her 3 times and each time she ran outside after me and started saying lets just stop fighting this isn't worth it blah blah etc.. so basically I have the upper hand , even in a LTR. Not to mention other girls in our social circle act like str8 up fools around me cuz they see I can be in a LTR and maintain alpha status, unlike most guys who chump up as soon as they get comfortable. I would agree with Zekko that that's part of being a DJ. Being able to commit to a woman while keeping your manhood IF the situation is right. When we met, neither of us were looking for anything serious but we clicked so well the connection couldn't be denied.

Granted, I cheated on her for the first year a couple times.. Had sex with like 6 girls behind her back. I didn't feel good about it then, and I feel even worse now that I am more mature so I don't recommend it, especially if your girl is smart. They always know when somethings up.. But sometimes u just wanna fvck someone different. Now I just flirt and ramp up tension with girls who are interested in me just to have the back up options in case we break up. Even though I don't intend to do anything physical with these girls, knowing those back up options exist definitively helps me keep an alpha mind state.