Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Science is masculine, religion is feminine

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are five divisions of philosophy. They are metaphysics, epistomology, ethics, politics, and esthetics. In order for a philosophical school to even begin to approach legitimacy, these five schools must not contradict each other.

The foundation of any philosophy is it's metaphysics, it's definition and conception of existence, and what exists in nature, without the intervention of man.

Aristotle completely destroyed Plato's metaphysics. He rendered everything Plato had to say, moot. Plato's "forms" are the basis of all irrationality, of the conviction that the non-existent exists in a different dimension. The example of a chair is a perfect one. Plato sais the "form" of a chair exists naturally, in some kind of all-encompassing ether, and man just brings it into existence. Do you see the implications of this? The philosophical witchcraft of Plato is what made possible Immanuel Kant, the destroyer of the mind. And it was Kant who made Marx possible, who advocated that production is not the province of the individual who brings it into existence, but that production exists in everyone, in the ether, and so you have "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." And we all know the history of that one. If you can make the logical connections, you will see that the legacy of Plato is all the death and destruction in man's history. You will see that Plato's true "ideal" were the mountains of corpses in the USSR, Nazi Germany, China, Southeast Asia, and on.

Aristotle said, "A is A." The Law of Non-Contradictory Identification. A piece of lumber is a piece of lumber, and it will remain so until it is acted upon by an outside force. According to Aristotle, a chair exists because man designed it and brought it into reality for the first time. He may have taken inspiration from a rock, or something else that men had sat on, but a chair did not exist as a "form" until man first made it. We have chairs to sit on today because we borrow the concept from the first man who made a chair, not from some kind of esoteric ether.

In Platonian metaphysics, you argue that a chair existed as a form in nature. As ridiculous as that is, how do you explain the existence of space shuttles and nuclear reactors? Were they also "manifested" from the ether? Ugh, all this Platonian mysticism is giving me a headache.

Aristotle is the philosopher who made possible the scientist who discovered the laws of reality, who made possible the inventor who created everything you use and everything you see.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you're arguing that Plato's Republic advocates communism, then yes, you are correct...and it's based on definitions of "justice" and "virtue" that work on a purely academic level, but in practical application fail to describe the human condition in its totality.

It's academia run away with itself...and all this stems from the desire not to LEARN, but to TEACH.

I see what you're saying and can appreciate your perspective, but I think you may be implying interpretive intent from Plato...intent that I don't know for sure existed.

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Socrates->Plato->Aristotle

offtopic

On Xanthippe Socrates wife by Socrates
Xanthippe is the hardest to get along with of all the women there are
he chose her precisely because of her argumentative spirit

According to Aristotle, Socrates' descendants as a whole turned out to be unremarkable: "silly and dull"

Timeline
Socrates->Plato->Aristotle

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its interesting because when you look at societies deeply rooted in faith such as 19th century America and Europe, and modern middle east, you will notice that only males have a leadership role in society, and females tend to stay ignored.

On the other hand, in more liberal societies where religion is not strictly followed by citizens, the females start taking on leadership roles more often.

So I think religion allows males to rule, and a more scientific and progressive society allows females to take leadership.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
No.

Before the dawn of civilization, probably before humans were hunters & gatherers, back when humans were tribes of scavengers, religion first arose to explain things. Natural events like droughts, famines, tornadoes, volcanoes, along with human tragedies as infant mortality and birth defects, made 'god' a seemingly plausible viable belief. We are pattern-seeking animals and needed something to fill in the gap of explanation. The human cognition is driven to find patterns and coincidences to learn and adapt to the environment.

Any social control element came afterwards.
True I skipped that part and reached the second phase too fast, the education/control phase comes right after.

Sprayarc

Banned
Reaction score
I know that in the bible it States that women need religion more. Which makes sense. Women are very emotionally driven so harder to reason with.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Science is logic. Science is true/false. Science is rational.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Religion is faith. Religion is belief. Religion is emotion.

There are obvious differences between the two.

Why is this even a thread?