"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Scheduling a date

D33sulli

New Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2018
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Asked a girl on tinder out for a date, she has been responsive but said she was busy at that date and time. How do I go about attempting to reschedule without sounding desperate?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

TBG

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2017
Messages
123
Reaction score
101
Age
37
"Well hit me up when you're free and we'll see if we can arrange something" and then leave it.

If there's no counter offer on your first attempt you can pretty much guarantee they're not serious about meeting up. It's no coincidence they're always "busy".
 

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,415
Reaction score
4,800
Location
Mexico
Yep. Only "yes" or counteroffer is acceptable. Anything else u soft next her.
 
Top