"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Saw a former FWB at a wedding today...

thadder

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
14
I'm a wedding photographer and photographed a friend's wedding today.

One of the wedding guests in attendance was a former FWB, a pretty consistent FWB -- last time I saw her was back in March or so I think... no bad blood.

She has a boyfriend now, and throughout the wedding neither of us made an attempt to walk up to say hello to one another.

At one point I was rushing to get a photo of something and she was walking in the direction of me and nearly blocked me, then texted me at the wedding "Sorry for getting in your way"

She then later texted me saying "Was gonna say hey but didn’t see you before we left and didn’t want to interrupt your work before then" -- she was hanging around the area but never walked over to me, even at the times I was sitting down or just chatting with guests.

I guess in hindsight I could have said hello, but now... not really sure what else I could have said. I told her I was just being respectful of her and her boyfriend, didn't want to just walk up and say hi -- because she TECHNICALLY slept with me one last time while she was in the early stages of dating her now boyfriend...

Get this feeling that we were both purposely avoiding one another?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Well you get that feeling because you were.

However her texts show she still likes you and you could probably wrangle more sex from the situation. I would advise against it. Stop texting her.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
I've found the best thing to do is say hi and have a brief conversation. Don't validate her, don't project sexual intent; just say hi, ask her maybe two very basic questions like "how's work" or "how was that trip", etc, and then say "well, good seeing you" with a smile and be on your way. No reason to be awkward.

As emotional as it can be in your head to run into an ex, I can assure you it's almost always more emotional for her. Maintain confidence and eye contact when you talk to her.
 
Top