Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Saving money on domestic travel?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had to go around the country, both for business and pleasure. Only problem is, I feel like I'm paying too much to travel (my last trip to Sydney for a week cost me $500).

Does anyone have ideas on saving money with domestic travel? So far I've been travelling by train, sleeping in youth hostels/cheap motels, buying food from the supermarket, and taking public transport everywhere I go.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
I've always had to go around the country, both for business and pleasure. Only problem is, I feel like I'm paying too much to travel (my last trip to Sydney for a week cost me $500).

Does anyone have ideas on saving money with domestic travel? So far I've been travelling by train, sleeping in youth hostels/cheap motels, buying food from the supermarket, and taking public transport everywhere I go.
hard to answer.. I don't think you should skimp on pleasure holidays. Maybe take them less often?

also, sounds like your doing things about as cheap as possible.

you could walk ride a bike instead of getting the train. but it'll take you a long assed time to travel between cities. lol.

you can sleep on the street instead of the cheap hostels/motels. but someone might steal you're bike.

you can eat out of bins, or beg for food.

and you can catch a ride with the guy who stol your bike instead of getting public transport.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, but when you say "domestic" but fail to provide a country it makes it a little difficult to help... from "Sydney" I assume you mean Australia? I can sit here and tell you all day how to get the cheapest domestic travel in the US, but if you don't live here it won't do you much good...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes its Australia. Although I'm not looking for country-specific tips, but just any tips in general to save money.

Also while I don't like to skimp on vacations, I have to travel a lot for various reasons (work mostly), so technically they aren't really vacations. Tax deductions don't really help too much, so I'm trying to find ways to save money, either when travelling, or at the destination.