"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Sammo's next step: Positive attitude and living in the moment

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Here's yet another installment in my series, in today's post it will probably be the toughest improvement you can possibly make, you have to have completed all the other posts before you do this. You must have obliterated laziness, destroyed fear and improved your willpower to extrodinary standards. It requires a 24/7 concentration.

It's about having a positive attitude, constnatly try to keep yourself in a positive attitude and live in the moment. This doesnt mean you are constantly being nice, you can have a positive thoughts and still discipline other people. I read it somewhere but you have to be like people's dads, be loving and caring but if they do something wrong then discipline them and put them back in their place.

Let me try and help you get in to the right frame of mind.

No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Disappointments are like road bumps, they slow you down a bit but you enjoy the smooth road afterwards. Don't stay on the bumps too long. Move on!

When something happens to you, good or bad, consider what it means. There's a purpose to life's events, to teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard.

READ WHAT I SAY:
You can't make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth. SELF IMPROVEMENT!

We spend too much time looking for the right person to love or finding fault with those we already love, when instead we should be perfecting the love we give. Never abandon an old friend. You will never find one who can take his/her place. Friendship is like wine, it gets better as it grows older.

We are all born with a God-given power of ‘free will’. This free will means Choice. In every single instant, we are making choices. Within these choices are two options: one that represents Freedom, and one that represents Incarceration. One that represents love and creativity, and one that represents fear and stagnation.

I don’t know anyone who would intentionally choose a prison of darkness over a life of boundless light. And yet we all choose this unconsciously, on a daily basis.

We bind ourselves in situations we loathe, we stifle our Truth, we pretend things don’t hurt when they do. We run away instead of embrace. We shut things out because we can’t bear the consequences of what fear causes us to imagine.

The reason we are so blindly locked into a harsh life of dread and destruction is because we believe we have no choice. We have purposely cut off the freedom option and denied its existence. We do this because we so fear the responsibility that goes with being Free, we’d rather be in prison.

Let this mind set carry with you and conquer the world with a smile! Forget pessimism, the glass is half full and your happy about it, i learnt a good lesson from my grandmother, she is deaf as well as blind. Alot of people ask her how she copes, and she told me that it doesnt bother her, instead of getting up and worrying about the body parts that dont work she gets up, smiles, and thanks god for the parts that do work.

With this mindset, i want you to always look at things in a positive light, never let yourself get upset, choose freedom. A positive attitude is the key to free will. Also, remember to live in the moment, i wish i knew who wrote what im about to show you:

Today I will delete from my diary two days: yesterday and tomorrow.

Yesterday was to learn
and tomorrow will be the consequence of what I can do today.

Today I will face life with the conviction that this day will not ever return.

Today is the last opportunity I have to live intensely,
as no one can assure me that I will see tomorrow's sunrise.

Today I will be brave enough not to let any opportunity pass me by,
my only alternative is to succeed.

Today I will invest my most valuable resource:
my time,
in the most transcendental work:
my life;

I will spend each minute passionately to make of today
a different and unique day in my life.

Today I will defy every obstacle that appears on my way
trusting I will succeed.

Today I will resist pessimism
and will conquer the world with a smile,
with the positive attitude of expecting always the best.

Today I will make of every ordinary task
a sublime expression.

Today I will have my feet on the ground understanding reality
and the stars' gaze to invent my future.

Today I will take the time to be happy and will leave my footprints and my presence in the hearts of others.

Today, I invite you to begin a new season
where we can dream that everything we undertake is possible
and we fulfil it, with joy and dignity.

Have a good day and a better one tomorrow!
And as always i will leave you with some quotes about positive attitude and living in the moment.

"It is up to you to decide whether or not you’re ready to be free, really free. This pertains to your relationship as well as your activities in the world. You are limitless, if you choose that! Your freedom comes from letting go. Freedom means empowerment to be, do, go, feel, whatever your heart tells you. Only you have kept yourself from having this freedom out of some misunderstanding of what your responsibilities really are. Your responsibilities are to your Self. Serve that truly, fully, and you serve All." - Alma Danielle

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for
every thing I do."
- Robert A Heinlein

"I frequently hear my clients say, 'I have to…' or 'I gotta…’ or 'I should…' And when I hear those phrases I often ask, 'Do you have to or do you choose to?' … We forfeit our freedom of choice through our own thought processes." - Kathy Paauw

"You were in paradise, but you didn’t recognise it. It’s the same with most people in this world; they seek suffering in the most joyous of places because they think they are unworthy of happiness." - Paulo Coelho

"Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine." - Lord Byron

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Practice calling your mind back from the past and future to attend to the present moment. This is true self development."

But whatever you’ve been today is already over.


You can not change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.

…this moment… is the only physical reality you have.

"There is nothing you need to know. As of this moment, you are free of any obligations. You may go in any direction you like. You are reborn" - paul williams

"It is never too late to become who you might have been." - George Eliot

"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning." - JB Priestly

"When we are mindful of every nuance of our natural world, we finally get the picture: that we are only given one dazzling moment of life here on Earth, and we must stand before that reality both humbled and elevated, subject to every law of our universe and grateful for our brief but intrinsic participation with it. - Elizabeth Gilbert

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are… Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." - Mary Jean Iron

"Only when your consciousness is totally focused on the moment you are in can you receive whatever gift, lesson, or delight that moment has to offer." - Barbara De Angelis

"A day dawns, quite like other days; in it, a single hour comes, quite like other hours; but in that day and in that hour the chance of a lifetime faces us." - Maltbie Babcock

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The angel of death comes to us and says, “You see everything that exists here is mine; it is not yours. Your house, your spouse, your children, your car, your career, your money – everything is mine and I can take it away when I want to, but for now you can use it.”" - by Don Miguel


Remember, keep a positive attitude and live in the moment
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
That is a really great quote! Damn, shame you don't know who said it...

Great post- keep up the good work!
 

Capone

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Pimped-Out Igloo, Canada
Good work Sammo!

You're creating great posts with good ideas faster than I can fully comprehend and undertake the improvements they list. At least I'm gonna be busy for a while :p.

We have purposely cut off the freedom option and denied its existence. We do this because we so fear the responsibility that goes with being Free, we’d rather be in prison.
That is a BIG ONE. This is something I'm facing right now as a leader. People are used to being slaves of society and find a comfort in that. They would rather stay in their 'prison' because it is where they feel safe (a comfort zone, if you will).

I of course, do not want anything to do with holding back - but living the way I have until lately, its ingrained heavily into the way I've thought. I'd like to take up the responsibility of being free - but sometimes it is too much and I have to back down for a while until I regain the energy to continue. Any advice on what you must do to totally rid yourself of the fear of leading / fear of responsiblity?

Anyway, thankx for your self-improvement series - good stuff. :cool:
 

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Sammo
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller
I learned this one the hard way, I was in a depression for half a year about a year ago...looking back, I could've gotten out of that so fast.

But there's no time for that regret sh!t now! :D Time to live in the present.
 

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Originally posted by Capone
I of course, do not want anything to do with holding back - but living the way I have until lately, its ingrained heavily into the way I've thought. I'd like to take up the responsibility of being free - but sometimes it is too much and I have to back down for a while until I regain the energy to continue. Any advice on what you must do to totally rid yourself of the fear of leading / fear of responsiblity
As i said in the post, keep a positive attitude and live in the moment! Read the quotes again, read the post again, read the quotes but take some time to realise their truths Act as if you believe them and you will start to believe them.

To be truely free is a difficult task, most people have dug themselves so far into their prison there not really living. Life is an experiment, i dont know what i am doing here, i dont know my purpose, noone does. So i will do as i wish and satisfy myself and be free. To be free you have to let go.

I will leave you with some more quotes, quotes to help you let go and find your path to freedom.

"There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go." - Robert Frost

"Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?"

"Stand up and walk out of your history." - Phil McGraw

"You cannot leave something until you love it. You are tied to things you don’t like. If you hate something, you will be drawn to it again and again (even though the person or form may change) until you love it. Once you love it, you are free from it." - Sanaya Roman & Duane Packer

Think about that one, don't jump to conclusions. Read it a couple of times and really think about the message.

"She looked around her. People were walking along, heads down, hurrying off to work, to school, to the employment agency, to Rue de Berne, telling themselves: ‘I can wait a little longer. I have a dream, but there’s no need to realise it today, besides, I need to earn some money.’ Of course, everyone spoke ill of her profession, but basically, it was all a question of selling her time, like everyone else. Doing things she didn’t want to do, like everyone else. Putting up with horrible people, like everyone else. Handing over her precious body and her precious soul in the name of a future that never arrived, like everyone else. Saying that she still didn’t have enough, like everyone else. Waiting just a little bit longer, like everyone else. Waiting so that she could earn just a little bit more, postponing the realisation of her dreams; she was too busy right now, she had a great opportunity ahead of her, loyal clients who were waiting for her, who could pay between three hundred and fifty and one thousand francs a session.
And for the first time in her life, despite all the good things she could buy with the money she might earn – who knows, she might only have to work another year – she decided consciously, lucidly and deliberately to let an opportunity pass her by."
- Paulo Coelho
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top