Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Salads

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people consider salads a healthy meal. Thing is, I like a good mix of leafy greens in there besides some vegetables. And lettuce alone is not very nutritious. But I don't like buying bags of salad because it never seems very fresh. But buying a bunch of fresh ingredients can get expensive, and besides you end up with enough salad to feed a large family.

Anyone here have any tasty tips for making a healthy salad?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
A lot of people consider salads a healthy meal. Thing is, I like a good mix of leafy greens in there besides some vegetables. And lettuce alone is not very nutritious. But I don't like buying bags of salad because it never seems very fresh. But buying a bunch of fresh ingredients can get expensive, and besides you end up with enough salad to feed a large family.

Anyone here have any tasty tips for making a healthy salad?
You may laugh, but DDP has some good tips for salad. Simple, but effective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MlCYLJsYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHHc0UDeU4

I don't do the lettuce thing myself. I get different mixes of stuff and/or spinach. Key is, like he says, mix a bunch of stuff together perhaps with some lettuce. And yes, eating healthy is expensive, just part of it, unless you grow your own garden. He's big on organic, while I'm not, but still. So you have to wade through the stuff you like and what you don't. For example, he's big on vegannaise, and I see no point whatsoever in doing that rather than mayonnaise. What, you aren't using egg yolks? Who cares. Both will have soybean oil in them. Anyways....

Also, if you live by an Earthfare or Whole Foods, they always have salad bars, very easy to make. I never have that problem with fresh greens in the bags, they always seem OK to me.

The idea with him is that the salad fills you up before you go eat your regular meal. Trying to rely simply on a salad for a meal is a bad idea for people like me, who tend to eat a lot.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider laughing at DDP. He's done some good things for people. I think he was the only one who was ever able to get Scott Hall to sober up. And I think he helped Jake the Snake Roberts as well.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and noticed they had some plastic boxes of greens. Maybe those taste better than the bags, they looked a little fresher.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am the same way Espi, bland and simple. That started when I was a little tot and used to eat at my grandparent's house all the time. My gramps had to have almost no salt in his diet so that's how grandma cooked. Saltless and bland. She put the pepper shaker out at meals and if you wanted the salt shaker you had to ask for it. She even boiled the salt out of ham. Not sure how she did it but she did. To this day I still eat saltless and bland whenever possible. Her cooking was still the best ever. So was seeing about the last generation where a wife actually cooked and meals were ate at noon and 5pm, at the table, all the time... But that's another topic.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol. bland is my thing too.

Frozen normandy blend with frozen corn, just microwave. Then I add sweet potatoes or an oatmeal for carbs. Healthy, cheap, and full of nutrition.