Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sadie Hawkins Dance

Jimineye

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, well if you have read my most recent post you should know my situation. Well anyways the girl recently called me, and asked me to the Sadie Hawkins Dance on the 15th. Since this will be my first dance, what should I wear? And what type of Dancing should I practice?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Formal or Informal?

I didn't read your post.

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Sadie Hawkings is informal. Go with a casual collared shirt. Make sure it's ironed. Get some pleaded pants, but something you can move in. Get a nice watch, and dub yourself in some good cologne (there are tons of topics on good colognes here). Read the bible for more tips on dressing.

It's all good!

Don Juan
Reaction score
at my school the guy and the girl match each other as to what they wear

Jimineye

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I was thinking

Its informal I'm pretty sure, but I think I what I will wear is some khaki colored pleated pants, and probably my red Tommy polo shirt I have, I have acqua di gio cologne, and a nice watch already, so I think that will look good.

Also, when we were talking on the phone she was like "I will pay for everything", and "After the dance you won't ever have to see me again". So should I pay for something at all? Or just let her handle it.

The thing she says about the dance thing the way I interpret it is that she doesn't feel that confident around me, so I take it as she's into me.

Last edited:

Jimineye

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

First dance of mine so kinda need some help guys.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok... here's the deal with sadies. It's supposed to be switched roles, so naturally the girl asks and the girl buys the tickets. There are a few tricky parts here though.

a) Dinner - If you guys go to dinner (many times a typical dance deal) there's a problem here. Guys normally order more expensive than girls. Time and time again I've been to dances and seen steaks all around on the guys, and salads all around on the girls. The problem here is about double the price, depending on the restaurant. So, if you're comfortable with ordering something cheap, then go for letting her pay. I was told that proper etiquette is to order something under the price of the person that is paying. However, if you're hungry for something more expensive, tell her you got your meal, and stand up for it, and get what you want.

b) Pictures - I know at our school they normally have pictures of the couples taken at the dances. On a typical night, guys ask, guys buy the tix, guys buy the dinner, the girl buys the pictures. So, if everything's switched around for sadies, then go for buying the pictures. Otherwise it's quite a financial burden on her ya know?

C) Dancing?? Well, I'd say there's a 95% chance that everyone there will be freak dancing, so that's prolly what ya gotta get yourself into. Umm... it takes a little practice, and your legs will probably get tired, but if you don't know how, just basically stand right behind her, with your crotch against her ass, and hold on to her hips, but don't push her anywhere. Just let her do the moving, and try to follow along. This only works if she's a) willing to freak with you, b) you don't get in trouble *chuckles* and c) she knows what to do. Otherwise, you might be out on a limb there.

Hope that helps.