Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rotator Cuff Strain/shoulder tendonitis

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience lifting weights through this? I have had some stiffness/soreness in my right shoulder after lifting for about 3 weeks now (I had tried to increase the weight on military press and this arose). I have actually cut the weights I have been lifting in half and it has allowed me to continue lifting but I am still experiencing soreness. I have full range of motion so I don't think there is any tear. Reaching behind my back is definitely an uncomfortable feeling.

I notice the stiffness most after doing bench press or dumbbell military press. I can do my biceps and triceps essentially with no issues. I used to do pull-ups pretty religiously but I have completely cut them out as I am worried they might make it considerably worse. Any of the other DJs have some pointers to offer on this? I definitely don't want to stop lifting altogether if I can avoid it.
Rest. Get it checked out. See your doctor and make sure it's not torn. If I were to guess, you likely need to work on form and techniques. YouTube Jeff Cavalier. AthleanX. Former NFL strength coach and Physio.

Rest for now. switch to lighter weight and Arnold press. more front deltoid work. more functionality. less damage. I see morons pressing with arms flared out. DON'T! Press in front of you. Even switch to standing dumbbell press isolated. It will aware you on imbalances. Drop weight.

Switch from bench to dumbbell press. less weight. more focus on loading the chest then pushing your arms. Make that mind body connection. the pain and suffering is because the shoulder is getting damaged. Get healthy. Focus on muscle contraction and less about weight. Tbh I have been 9n lock down for nearly a year no gym. I am doing calisthenics and gymnastics rings. my shoulders are bulletproof.

work active recovery . Use a heating pad. do cold showers for inflammation even if a few min. go for massage and physiotherapy. try a deprivation float tank after lock down likely nearly free. Get more sleep. Focus on recovery and healing. Be warned. Failure to maintain your health will have severe consequences.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the book that I mentioned you can get on Amazon. Highly recommend doing the very stretch you see the girl doing on the cover of the book on anything you can hang on.

1613242325043.png

4.4 out of 5 stars 590 ratings

This is a self-help book written by John M. Kirsch, M.D., an Orthopedic Surgeon for the public. It is the result of 25 years of research into a new and simple shoulder exercise program to treat and prevent rotator cuff tears, the impingement syndrome, and the ''frozen shoulder.'' Testimonials and research CT scan images are included, as well as images of the exercises performed by models and patients.