Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ross Jeffries

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I started downloading some of his stuff last night. So far, I have part one of his seminar and the attraction vs. love pattern.
He *IS* very convincing, but have you guys tried any of his stuff? Do most people here write SS off as nonsense?

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Do most people here write SS off as nonsense?
Yes and no. It works, but in the same way that NLP does. If you spend all the time working on those techniques you will THINK it works and you will see some sucess. But its too much time to spend for a litlle placebo effect. Better spend time on practical excercises, like trying to do walkups and cold convos.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything I have to say about Ross Jeffries can be summed up in this quote from him on how to deal with rejection:

One of the hardest things for anyone to do is watch a grown man cry. You are going to depend on that for this method, but be aware that this one is going to take some acting ability. Pull away after she rejects you and put your head in your hands. Quietly start to sob.

"I'm sorry .... I should have known better than to think .... that a girl like you .... could like me .... "

Sob some more. "Let me sit a second .... and I'll take you home." (Obviously if you are at HER place, you word it accordingly, dummy!) "It's just that I'll never know .... the peace .... of having you in my arms .... and loving you .... it would have meant so much .... (sob, sob). I've never been with a woman as beautiful as you .... you don't know the confidence it would have given me...and the happiness .... . (sob uncontrollably now) .... could you find it in yourself .... just to let me kiss you once .... to know I at least had that?"

Now I promise you, if the girl has any heart at ALL, she'll kiss you. And that's when you resume your pass. If she stops you, start weeping again.

If you can honestly tell me that you can follow this guy and still look yourself in the mirror, then go for it.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Crying technique

Wow, that's truly pathetic.

bp1974

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya,

Ross had some really cool ideas about using hypnotic language to get girls horny. I mean in a perfect world, where people recite four or five sentences to each otehr, I guess it could work. That is why Major Mark (Mark Cunningham), a very good hypnotist has helped Ross tremendously in advancing the first stupid Speed Seduction course.

What I have to say about Ross is that his ideas are brilliant but the excecution of them, or the implementation of them sucks! Tom Vizzini has way better stuff than Ross and he will teach you the basics of voice tone, anchoring, trance words, rapport and more and that's all you need to make your own hypnotic language.

Albion2

Don Juan
Reaction score
NLP is by far one of the best skills you can learn if you use it properly. It's not meant to be used hypnotically to force people to do things. But, it can be used to get people to better understand your point.

I take this BB as more then just a board for learning techniques to picking up women but also to learn success. The tactics we use to pick up a woman are no different then the tactics we'd use to ask for a raise or start a new business. A great book to read for anyone who wants to be successful is TsugSzu - Art of War. Here's a link to the entire thing online http://www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enimies closer" = "Keep your business associates close, but keep your competition closer"

-al

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
NLP

Originally posted by Albion2
NLP is by far one of the best skills you can learn if you use it properly.
Amen.

SS is a branch-off of NLP.

NLP stands for Nero-Linguistic-Programing.

Neoro = Nerve(brain)
Linguistic = Language(words)
Programing = "Brainwashing"

NLP is used everyday, in commercials, in essays, in books, in conversations, in sales, etc.

Saying that it works as a placebo affect is like like saying "oh sure, you can come up and 'talk' to people, but all you are really doing is producing a placebo affect by thinking they are going to understand you."

NLP works, period. Get educated about the subject BEFORE deciding whether or not its worth your time.

And please, if you do decide to get educated, dont listen to a bunch of people who think its all "trance words" and ross jeffries saying "b'low me debbie!"

----------------------------------

In regards to the sobbing thing, HOLY HELL is that funny! HAHAHAHA, I haven't heard that particular quote used by him, but I have heard a lot of his "techniques."

ANYTHING could work. But its up to the person to make a descision about what works for them.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: NLP

Originally posted by Psycho`Sexual

NLP works, period. Get educated about the subject BEFORE deciding whether or not its worth your time.
I think I misscomunicated my idea. I was trying to say that Ross Jeffries' implementation of NLP is mostly placebo.

I own about 15 NLP books and have studies them all. I have used them extensively for all my life. I got to be a top student in my class with this. But I haven't had much success with it when it comes to approaching girls... Sigh...

In any case I do still beleive a rather big part of IS placebo. Maybe as much as half of it. As Ross Jeffries goes. Its all placebo. Mostly because of the price. Its amazing how much better it works for the guys who bought it at 300$ compared to the ones who downloaded it free.

When you pay so much for something you subconciosly convince yourself for consistency. Your brain goes "It must work if I paid 300$ for it!" And so it does.

That's why whenever someone asks about Ross Jeffries I reccomned them to instead buy a 15$ NLP introduction book. Will do them much better.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the hardest things for anyone to do is watch a grown man cry. You are going to depend on that for this method, but be aware that this one is going to take some acting ability. Pull away after she rejects you and put your head in your hands. Quietly start to sob.

"I'm sorry .... I should have known better than to think .... that a girl like you .... could like me .... "

Sob some more. "Let me sit a second .... and I'll take you home." (Obviously if you are at HER place, you word it accordingly, dummy!) "It's just that I'll never know .... the peace .... of having you in my arms .... and loving you .... it would have meant so much .... (sob, sob). I've never been with a woman as beautiful as you .... you don't know the confidence it would have given me...and the happiness .... . (sob uncontrollably now) .... could you find it in yourself .... just to let me kiss you once .... to know I at least had that?"

Now I promise you, if the girl has any heart at ALL, she'll kiss you. And that's when you resume your pass. If she stops you, start weeping again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the gayest thing I've ever read.

Albion2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: NLP

Originally posted by Psycho`Sexual
Amen.

SS is a branch-off of NLP.

NLP stands for Nero-Linguistic-Programing.

Neoro = Nerve(brain)
Linguistic = Language(words)
Programing = "Brainwashing"

NLP is used everyday, in commercials, in essays, in books, in conversations, in sales, etc.

What they use in commercials is subliminal suggestion. The two are no where near the same. NLP is using words to instill a state-of-mind. The other uses the suggestion to excite instinct. They are both forms of "hypnosis" or ways to avoid the consious and directly effect the subconsious.

Saying that it works as a placebo affect is like like saying "oh sure, you can come up and 'talk' to people, but all you are really doing is producing a placebo affect by thinking they are going to understand you."
I never said that.

And No, NLP doesn't always work just as hypnosis and subliminal suggestion don't always work. It depends on how open a person's mind is to suggestion.

-al

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: NLP

What they use in commercials is subliminal suggestion.
I won't argue about subjective commercials seen from subjective opinions, however I will say that they are prone to using more then one method to convince a product is worth something.

I think the reason why Ross Jeffries works a bit better then just downloading NLP from the internet is because he uses NLP on his students. He reprograms confidence into them. Confidence of SS working, and confidence in their ability to use it(as long as they follow his advice).

Confidence goes a long way with women.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by cestmoi
I think I misscomunicated my idea. I was trying to say that Ross Jeffries' implementation of NLP is mostly placebo.

I own about 15 NLP books and have studies them all. I have used them extensively for all my life. I got to be a top student in my class with this. But I haven't had much success with it when it comes to approaching girls... Sigh...

In any case I do still beleive a rather big part of IS placebo. Maybe as much as half of it. As Ross Jeffries goes. Its all placebo. Mostly because of the price. Its amazing how much better it works for the guys who bought it at 300$ compared to the ones who downloaded it free.

When you pay so much for something you subconciosly convince yourself for consistency. Your brain goes "It must work if I paid 300$ for it!" And so it does.

That's why whenever someone asks about Ross Jeffries I reccomned them to instead buy a 15$ NLP introduction book. Will do them much better.
Very true!!!

The problem is that there are so man "introductory NLP books" that branch into self help that I was almost about to give up on NLP until I read about Ross Jeffries. I have yet to find a good book that will teach you all the right skills with none of the usual NLP BS that is spit around like scientific facts, and belive me I HAVE LOOKED!!!

With most of the books, you'll have to understand what's going on and learn all the lingo before you can learn anything good. There is simply no book that will teach you skills like rapport, anchoring, quick trance induction and utilization (utilization means using the trance to do something), tonality and some other stuff, unless Tom Vizzini writes one. Tom is the author of www.essential-skills.com and a close friend of Ross Jeffries. Tom has taught Ross everything he knows about anchoring and other skills.

Another good resource that I've found is Bishop's Journal, whcih according to many people is a bunch of balooney, BUT it has very nice stories which Ross says SHOULD work in theory. Don't ask me where to get it though. I won't even hint at it :D

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Everything I have to say about Ross Jeffries can be summed up in this quote from him on how to deal with rejection:

quote:

If you can honestly tell me that you can follow this guy and still look yourself in the mirror, then go for it.

In all fairness to Ross, whom I'm not a big fan of, the material you quoted is stuff he wrote about 12-15 years ago and has long since abandonded.

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NLP 'works'?... YES. But Let me ask you this though... if it worked in the EXACT same way RJ presents it, don't you think EVERYONE who reads his site would immediately buy the course? I sure as hell didn't! And sure as hell I never will! :D. To his credit, Ross is good at marketing his stuff, That's ALL. However I've gone over to lurk at Masf and from his recent posts (When he does post) he isn't persuasive AT ALL! when he promotes SS. YES I ALSO AGREE a lot of balooney!

My Take: Everytime SS 'works' for me... It's almost always because the women were already in a receptive state to me. If i did say ' Have you ever felt xxxx' It wouldn't be dismissed because she was open and non-resistant. All in all, To say words don't evoke emotional responses is also balooney!

The Thundercat

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dell SkyCat
NLP 'works'?... YES. But Let me ask you this though... if it worked in the EXACT same way RJ presents it, don't you think EVERYONE who reads his site would immediately buy the course? I sure as hell didn't! And sure as hell I never will! :D. To his credit, Ross is good at marketing his stuff, That's ALL. However I've gone over to lurk at Masf and from his recent posts (When he does post) he isn't persuasive AT ALL! when he promotes SS. YES I ALSO AGREE a lot of balooney!

My Take: Everytime SS 'works' for me... It's almost always because the women were already in a receptive state to me. If i did say ' Have you ever felt xxxx' It wouldn't be dismissed because she was open and non-resistant. All in all, To say words don't evoke emotional responses is also balooney!

The Thundercat
That's the idea. You get rapport first so that she WILL be in a receptive state AND you don't recite endlessly in hopes of getting her turned on.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score

What they use in commercials is subliminal suggestion.
I work in the ad business, and I can tell you categorically that so-called "subliminal suggestion" is a bunch of baloney. It was tried by a few experimenters in the 1950s and it didn't work at all.

It's the Abominable Snowman of advertising. People think they see it, but it was never there -- and never will be.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: NLP

Originally posted by Bud Wiser
I work in the ad business, and I can tell you categorically that so-called "subliminal suggestion" is a bunch of baloney. It was tried by a few experimenters in the 1950s and it didn't work at all.

It's the Abominable Snowman of advertising. People think they see it, but it was never there -- and never will be.
I am assuming what he meant wasn't the "24th frame" trick. He was thinking more along the lines of psychological word manipulations. Double meanings and catch phrases. Special offers that are really bull**** like (act NOW) or you will lose the discount. Unless you order NOW we won't include this handy X worth 40$ alone etc...

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by legolas
That's the idea. You get rapport first so that she WILL be in a receptive state AND you don't recite endlessly in hopes of getting her turned on.
Mostly every single time ( for me ) a girl quickly puts me in the mating category or hating category. Or even worse... FRIEND zone!
Rapport is all fine and dandy if you aren't in the 'bad; category. And no matter what you do, she won't be receptive in THAT state. In my experience Rapport is a 2 way street. She has to participate too! You can't create rapport all by yourself by mirroring, matching values, trance words, etc. The female will put some on the table too if she's interested! And your right!...THEN all those technique's go up tremendously!!!!! Just my take! If you had at least 1 experience where that wasn't the case, THAT 1 is enough for me to change my opinion :)

The Majestic Cat