Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rome: Total war!!

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone play this very very great game!? omg the graphics are so amazing. I'd like to challenge anyone on multiplayer 1v1 im good. Been playing since Medieval Total war and I would love to kick your arse!!

Step up!!

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah,

I started off with Shogan ages ago.

I'm now trying to figure out how to get Rome up and running from a bin file.

I'll probabably end up buying it though:rolleyes:

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to get it. Loved Shogun: Total War. Bought a used copy of Medieval Total War but it didn't work. It seemed like it ran too slow and was very unresponsive, especially during the training sessions. Come to think of it, I think that's as far as I got before deciding that my system couldn't handle it. Any idea on the minimum system requirements for this one?

Rome: Total War is a buyer (if the graphics I see on the History Channel are any indication) but I'm gonna have to update my 5+ year old computer before I even think about that.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe it's the same engine as used in Time commanders TV series.

You need something meaty to run it and it needs DX9a I think.

I loved the Japanese music in Shogan, really added to the atmosphere. I heard the composer is quite famous now because of it.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just upgraded my graphics card from ati radeon 9550, to a ati radeon x800pro.... aaah im so gonna waste several hours playing rome:total war again.

*hugs his graphic card*

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah this game has lots of big requirements.. they are

Pent 3. Processor
256 mb ram
2.9 gb of uncompressed hard disk space
100 directx 9.ob compatible 16bit sound card
3d accelerator card rquired. 100% directx 9.0b compatile 64 mb hardware accelerated video card

My computer has 512 mb, 64 mb video card, good sound card and 80 GB

And it runs fine just it would be better if I had a better video card

So anyone up for multiplayer 1v1?

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive played Rome:TW a lot... awesome game, specially because I love history fro this time period, and the warfare!...oh the warfare ...:D

But you kno what? Ive been playing a Realism mod of Rome, that made the game 5 times better!!!

Everyone should get it! its awesome...

www.rometotalrealism.com

download it for free!

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine

I'm now trying to figure out how to get Rome up and running from a bin file.

Get a program called Daemon tools, and load up the .bin files on it. There should be 3 bin files, as each one represents a CD. If you do have the 3 files then do what i said, if not, then i dont know whta type of bin file your really talkin about..

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mojo604
Get a program called Daemon tools, and load up the .bin files on it. There should be 3 bin files, as each one represents a CD. If you do have the 3 files then do what i said, if not, then i dont know whta type of bin file your really talkin about..
Yeah,

I'm on a learning curve here as I'm just starting to understand protected cd rips.

The files are .bin, but then daemon reckons it can't read bin files, I changed the extension to cue but no good.

For the bin files it says unrecognised format and asks me for track info and sh1t like that.

I will go and buy it, for the time I spend faffing I could of earned a heap of cash. I guess it's the challenge. And I guess those guys deserve the rewards, unlike some sh1te games I've bought in the past.

Mr Propellor head also bought 'Lock on' some time back and I must of flown 200hrs (and he reckons he's not a chump :rolleyes: )

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would buy Rome if i didnt have my brother to rip games for me. Its worth the price...