Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rollercoasters and being older

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to Six Flags in my state. Rode two big roller coasters, one was a wooden Roller Coaster (El Toro) that goes 70 mph and has 4.4 G Force.

The second was Bizarro which goes upside down.

This is day three and I still don't feel right. Slight headache, vertigo and nauseous (mild). When I went two years ago, same thing. It took me three days to recover.

When I was younger, I could ride all day. Science says kids can tolerate unexpected jolts and turns, adults have a harder time.

I am starting to think people over 35 shouldn't ride these things anymore. I don't think our bodies can handle it.

I am 43 and my friend was 48, we were the oldest by far on these rides.

Anybody else experience similiar issues?
The last time I went to Canada's Wonderland solo and went on all of the rides was in 2008, and I would have been 32 y/o.
The last two times was with my ex-gf in 2012, and my ex-wife in 2014 - both times were rather tame because the women I was with couldn't handle deep rides.

I would like to try it out again, but I"m not sure about going to the park by myself like I did in 2008 just for the thrill of going on all of the rides by myself to overcome my fears of height, movements of the roller-coasters, etc..... My body feels like it's winding down and time feels like it's going faster so it would be interesting to see if 2008 is any different in my body to 2020. However, I just don't have a strong craving to just run to an amusement park and simply go on all of the rides without feeling like I"m crazy or in serious denial at 44 years old. Even when I went by myself at 32 years old that felt a bit old as most people there are in their teens or early 20s.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend and I seemed to be the oldest people on the rides by 15 to 25 years. We are in our mid to late 40s.

It took me 48 hours to recover from the slight headache, nausea and vertigo.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to Six Flags in my state. Rode two big roller coasters, one was a wooden Roller Coaster (El Toro) that goes 70 mph and has 4.4 G Force.

The second was Bizarro which goes upside down.

This is day three and I still don't feel right. Slight headache, vertigo and nauseous (mild). When I went two years ago, same thing. It took me three days to recover.

When I was younger, I could ride all day. Science says kids can tolerate unexpected jolts and turns, adults have a harder time.

I am starting to think people over 35 shouldn't ride these things anymore. I don't think our bodies can handle it.

I am 43 and my friend was 48, we were the oldest by far on these rides.

Anybody else experience similiar issues?
I thought this about 5-6 years ago after my last roller coaster ride ever (I’m also 43 now). My body can’t do this anymore. I can’t believe how much has changed in 5 years from 38 to 43. Just bending over to jumping off a bed of a truck is like your body could break into tiny pieces. When your younger it’s like hardcore parkour.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this about 5-6 years ago after my last roller coaster ride ever (I’m also 43 now). My body can’t do this anymore. I can’t believe how much has changed in 5 years from 38 to 43. Just bending over to jumping off a bed of a truck is like your body could break into tiny pieces. When your younger it’s like hardcore parkour.
It means your not fit

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I went to Canada's Wonderland solo and went on all of the rides was in 2008, and I would have been 32 y/o.

I would like to try it out again, but I"m not sure about going to the park by myself like I did in 2008 just for the thrill of going on all of the rides by myself to overcome my fears of height, movements of the roller-coasters, etc..... My body feels like it's winding down and time feels like it's going faster so it would be interesting to see if 2008 is any different in my body to 2020. However, I just don't have a strong craving to just run to an amusement park and simply go on all of the rides without feeling like I"m crazy or in serious denial at 44 years old. Even when I went by myself at 32 years old that felt a bit old as most people there are in their teens or early 20s.
I plan on going this year if the borders ever open up again. It was supposed to happen already for my friends 25th bday it was going to be me, bday boy and mutual friends of ours some 19y couple. If I end up going corrector I'll send you a PM if your interested in tagging along. Then I won't be the old man of the group :cool:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't there a saying, "we don't stop doing things because we get old. We get old because we stop doing things." Maybe it doesn't apply to rollercoasters.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even fit on rollercoasters anymore, too tall and shoulders too broad. Has ruined all my trips to amusement parks with the kids.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love roller coasters! I went last year and the same thing happened to me. Think it was 5 years prior was the last time I went. This time completely caught me off guard. I felt sick for the 1st time in my life. It was only certain coasters that caused it. Some of them felt like I had vertigo when I got off, like really bad.

Walked it off for little, but still didn't feel right. Finished my mission of riding them all except for one I chickened out on for the 2nd time and still haven't ridden it. This visit really made me question whether I'd ever come back, even with my extreme love for amusement parks. I will say the first coaster that cause it really made me ask myself if something is physically wrong with me. 5 years since my last visit is a long time, I still wonder why it happened.