Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ridiculous Restaurant policy

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm on an out of town business trip to the States with 2 of my coworkers. When we go on these trips we get our meals, etc paid for so we have to keep our receipts.

We spend the day working in a building doing our thing (an inspection) and when it gets to lunch time we ask one of the people who works there where a good place to go for lunch in this town might be. He says "A bunch of us go for lunch on Fridays so why don't you follow us." We agree.

So we get to the restaurant and even though we don't even know the group of people we followed they invite us to sit at the table next to them. We agree and pull two tables together to make room. Some short introductions are made at this time.

Next the waiter who comes out with menus immediately informs us that the restaurant has a new policy where groups of 6 or more HAVE to go on ONE bill. He doesn't say it politely at all. He tells us this somewhat aggressively as if he's expecting an argument. Since our group is on expense accounts we can't do this. We each need individual receipts. So we tell this group of five strangers who we literally JUST introduced ourselves to that maybe we should pull our tables apart a bit. They fully agree. I'm sure they don't want to be splitting up their bill with us either.

So we pull the tables apart about a foot or so and continue to talk to each other across the gap. These guys tell us all about how great the food is at this restaurant and that they come here all the time. Anyhow, the waitress comes out to take our orders and it's evident that she's putting it all on the same bill. One of the guys from the other table explains that we don't really know each other and didn't come to the restaurant together at all. We just met and we want separate bills. The waitress starts getting pissy about it and says "This is our policy and I'm not buying your story". A small argument ensues and she goes in to talk to her boss. One of the guys from the other table goes in with her because he apparently knows the owner of the restaurant.

Well the owner wasn't there so I guess the chef was in charge at that point and he flat out refuses to put us on separate bills. The argument escalates and it basically gets to the point that our two groups either have to sit on opposite sides of the restaurant if we want to eat there. She won't even let us move to the next table over because she thinks we'll just keep talking to each other anyway!

So the people in the other group threaten the waitress that they will simply leave if that's the case. She holds her ground and the other guys are extremely angry at this point get up and walk out! One of the guys says to her. "We eat here every fcuking Friday for the last 3 years and this is how you treat us. You really fcuked up here we are NEVER coming back!" She says something super b!tchy and lets them walk.

We end up staying and the waitress eventually returns to take our order. She does her job with a very somber expression and apologizes profusely. We try to explain we are from out of country but she is just so hell bent on telling us about the stupid policy and won't let us get a word in. Finally we get it across to her that we are NEVER coming back either because we don't even live here! The other group of guys were hardcore regulars and seemingly loved this restaurant before this conflict. Now they are lost for good too. She finally gets it thru her thick skull what has actually happened. You could almost see the light go off in her head. This girl had the look and personality of a very stubborn person and I found it really quite satisfying to see her realize her mistake.

Afterwards we tried to figure out what kind of benefit a policy like that would give the restaurant. The kitchen would still receive the same orders. If our tables sat separately there would've been 8 separate bills anyway. The only thing we could think of is that the waitresses were missing charges when large groups came in. So instead of better training or hiring smarter staff this restaurant went from missing a couple bills to actually driving customers away. :crackup:

I can't believe such a stupid policy just cost that restaurant a bunch of money.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Restaurants in the US often place a mandatory gratuity of 15-18% for large groups. I bet that was the issue. Large groups tend to tip less of a percentage when they get a big bill for several people, so the restaurants put it on automatically.

I do agree that it was horrible customer service.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
You stayed??

You chump!! You should have left and went to another place to eat.

Sure there is that stupid restaurant policy and in particular how employees handled it. That could be dealt with, for example you could leave and go to another place. You could also find one of those online restaurant review places and write a review. You could call a boss and tell him we had to leave because your employees were rude. But.........you should have left with those guys.

If I was one of those guys I'd know right then and there you two folks aren't someone I would want to be friends with, and I'd better watch out for you at work. Bad move.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the last two posters: you should have left, and this is the most ridiculous story of someone taking a policy to the extreme that I've ever heard.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
You stayed??

You chump!! You should have left and went to another place to eat.

Sure there is that stupid restaurant policy and in particular how employees handled it. That could be dealt with, for example you could leave and go to another place. You could also find one of those online restaurant review places and write a review. You could call a boss and tell him we had to leave because your employees were rude. But.........you should have left with those guys.

If I was one of those guys I'd know right then and there you two folks aren't someone I would want to be friends with, and I'd better watch out for you at work. Bad move.

Yeah so if we did leave with the other group then that would only prove the point that we WERE together! Which wasn't the case.

The people in my group weren't upset at all. We thought it was a silly argument really. We really had no connection to that other group except we were in the same building for a couple hours. We will never see them again. Why they got SO angry I'm not really sure. It could've been handled better on both sides.

P.S. Thanks for the chump comment, champ!

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't of stayed to prove anything to them. I would've felt disrespected by being treated like that and been happy to take my money elsewhere. That is some pretty ridiculous attitudes / policy.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThreeStorms said:
I agree with the last two posters: you should have left, and this is the most ridiculous story of someone taking a policy to the extreme that I've ever heard.
To be fair, he would be punishing the restaurant for the actions of a ditzy waitress and he would be inconveniencing his group at the same time.

After all that argument and convincing the waitress that she's wrong (and borderline retarded), it would have been a waste of time to find a new place.

U

user43770

I would have left out of fear of having my food fvcked with. Never piss off anyone who handles your food; there are some real sickos out there.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are from Anglo Canada. Not much difference. As they say about Anglo Canada - Same S--- Different Wrapper. I don't see how ANYTHING would surprise you (save for a much higher drinking age, higher age of consent, more wars, and slightly fatter people).

The one poster got it right. NEVER f--- with anyone that handles your food before you have received it! How dumb could you be? Seriously. That food was probably handled by a few TB patients. Not too smart.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, you might be on to something here.

I've been sick ever since I got back. I should go get checked....

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Sickness is probably from aids you got from a hooker, I doubt they fvcked with your food - and if they did you just digest it and improve your immune system.

You should have left with the boys. Doesn't mater if you knew them or not, and if you were with them or not. Even if they were complete strangers. "Hi. Excuse me. I don't like your policy, and I don't feel like spending my money here. Good bye."

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
Sickness is probably from aids you got from a hooker, I doubt they fvcked with your food - and if they did you just digest it and improve your immune system.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you get a serious food borne illness it will NOT improve your immune system. If it gets so bad that you have to go to the hospital or get medication that means your body is slowly being destroyed and the immune system cannot cope.

Ask Fuglydude the resident nurse for more info. He'll slap some sense into you. Or he won't and will do us a favour when you drop dead from eating an uncooked steak.