Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Richard Pryor is dead.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Thats sucks .

R.I.P Richard Pryor

to me, George Carlin is the funniest man alive and in history btw

Last edited:

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy sh!t that sucks. He was one of the funniest people alive.

And yeah, Carlin is my favorite too.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn i'll miss that crazy mo fo!

My funniest person is Eddie Murphy, a lot of his style is developed from RP's stand up.

Reaction score
Talkin about the n word, holy sh*t!

Rest in Peace Pryor

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My mom saw George Carlin perform live at some very small venue back around 1969 or 1970.

She was the only one laughing in the whole place, so Carlin, before leaving, said, "I'd like to thank my audient."

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that on the news last night. it sucks:down: he was a cool guy (and made almost 40 films I hear)...

RIP Richard

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what was the name of that movie that was so funny , something millions?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats gotta be one of the funniest movies i have ever seen him in.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite movie of his was "Moving".

Wanted to watch it last night as a tribute to him. I know I own it, but looked and looked and couldn't find it :(

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
And he was only 65.

Only 65? The main had two MIs, quadruple bypass surgery, and multiple sclerosis and lived past the life expectancy for the typical American male. He should be celebrated!

Just goes to show you that money can buy you additional life. Richard was the man. I own a lot of his video tapes and CDs.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fantasy
Only 65? The main had two MIs, quadruple bypass surgery, and multiple sclerosis and lived past the life expectancy for the typical American male. He should be celebrated!

Just goes to show you that money can buy you additional life. Richard was the man. I own a lot of his video tapes and CDs.
Alright, then look at it this way; you are already almost half his age. Have you accomplished half the things you've set out to do in your life?

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, then look at it this way; you are already almost half his age. Have you accomplished half the things you've set out to do in your life?
I don't know where you are going with this but I first have to say that a person with great ambitions like myself can never accomplish half the things he set out to do in life. I can say that I am very satisfied where I am now as far as goals and the doors that are consistently opening for me. I am thankful I have consistently progressed over the last 11 years of my life without major setbacks.

Will I ever gain as much as Richard? In my dreams, I guess but dreaming is a big part of accomplishing any thing.

No offense (I have always respected your general attitude and posts around here and still do) but I fail to see how my accomplishments are connected with Richard having a chronic illness and living with health problems consistent with the #1 cause of death in America but still outliving his life expectancy.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then explain:
You make it sound as if having all of those ailments are typical for someone his age. Sixtyfive isn't considered old anymore, some people only start living at that age. Why would you think that saying that he was only sixtyfive would infer that his accomplishments weren't appreciated or celebrated?

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeha That su\cks Richard Pryor was perhaps the grandfather of true standup comedy that we see today...
every major comedian looks up to his work and see the maginfisence of his work , i just watched a couple of his dvds with his standup live shows from the seventies and i got to say perhaps the best material ive seen in my life, hes just soo funny , he can make something like putting himself on fire into something hilariuos....
And that character that he does , mudbal or sumthing, the old prospector , that was the funniest stuff he did imo ....
Richard Pryor might be gone but i dont think anyone will ever forget him....

RIP
Richard Pryor

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Then explain:

You make it sound as if having all of those ailments are typical for someone his age. Sixtyfive isn't considered old anymore, some people only start living at that age. Why would you think that saying that he was only sixtyfive would infer that his accomplishments weren't appreciated or celebrated?
65 is not considered old any more by who? You are considered (at the risk of being politically incorrect) an elderly person , at least in the medical community because this is the age range where your health began to significantly deteriorate. Lots of stuff start going wrong
with your health around this time. So if he didn't have those health problems and would most likely have others around that age. I bet you his prostate wasn't right. All of this and the man was a former crackfiend, abused alcohol, and other drugs and burned himself way up. Technically, this man should have died a long time ago but he prevailed.

To correct my error, I will say that 69.2 is the life expectancy for a black man. Considering all of Richards health issues, he was blssed to live this long, really.

I wasn't saying that his life wasn't celebrated but although he is greatly admired for his accomplishments, we should not feel sorry that he is died at such an avanced age. To put it simply, he would statiscally speaking, he would have died soon without having all of those problems. Just having the history of a MI alone would likely to have killed him in the future from the complications of having it. Cardiac disease is the #1 killer in the country.

Last edited: