"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

reverting to AFCness when you think a girl might be "worth it"

Synthesize

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
I'm bumping into this problem time and time again. My confidence has been skyrocketing over the last 6 months. My body has improved tremendously, my acne has cleared up, my scarring and red marks are clearing (though I will always be scarred...that's okay, because my face is super masculine, so I look "rugged" instead of like a chump), my style is untouchable by everyone but gay guys, I'm in a band, I have a rough badboy image, I don't even have to shave anymore!, etc.

My pic for reference:


8-9s consistently call me cute, I *know* I'm good looking. I am just so pissed off!

I started out dating 5s and getting dumped. Now I date 8-9s, and I'm dealing with the same problems I dealt with when I dated 5s.

Everytime I find a girl I think is "worth" my time, I lose her! I go AFC on her ****ing ass. She can adore me, but I always lose her. The girls I don't lose? The ones I don't care if I don't lose! I'll never be happy, because my standards will keep going up, and all the girls who used to be good enough will no longer be good enough! Yeah, then I'll be able to get with them, but by that point, it won't satisfy me! And when it does satisfy me, I can't get with it.

I'm figuring this is just a phase, but it's a huge ****ing problem for me. I am about to lose yet another that I thought was worth my time. I've got guaranteed play once I get back to my hometown in one day, but I lost a girl I could have considered for a relationship! I hate this bull****.

Does anyone have any idea how I'll be able to get over this ****? I'm enjoying being single. I'm improving, my game keeps getting better and better, but the trouble of worrying about what happens when that "one" comes along is just excrutiating. Maybe it'll just be a matter of experience and continued self-improvement, but any advice is appreciated.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Until you are actually with somebody, NOBODY can be the one. Unless you are an afc that is, then everybody is "The One."

You're in a band, use that to help you become the great catch.
You could try busting some hbs by telling them they are kinda plastic-like (ie looks like a barbie doll).

Or hey, try the shy technique I posted about LOL. I still haven't field tested it completely. Help me test it if ya want.
 

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
CANADA, EH?
Maybe it'll just be a matter of experience and continued self-improvement, but any advice is appreciated.
This is what it is. I'm like you too. My acne finally cleared up, i can grow a full rugged ass beard, and i got a whole university full of montreal girls to work with. But that has nothing to do with it.

My confidence has gotten ten times better than what it used to be. Old girlfriends tell me that i've changed, it's good stuff. I dont have the AFC problem though, got over that a while ago.

I would say as Distrotion said, nobody is the one, and the ones "worth your time". Like you said you were getting dumped by 5's, and now youre getting dumped by 8, 9's. They're the same breed, they're all women, that's the way they work.

Now, i'll be honest, your a pretty good looking guy, and you're in a band too! You shouldnt have to work too hard, just keep them laughing, that's it. Dont break down and get all lovey dovey on them. Your looks get you in, your intellect and game keep you there.

The way i look at it is i treat all girls the same way. 1, 2, or 10's. exactly the same. They all have the same brain. I dont specialize.

Just go with the flow, find a cool girl. If you end up in LTR, so be it. If not, go to the next, or work two at the same time! Whatever man, just relax, and remember, this is supposed to be fun
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
What are you actually doing and what does she do to prompt you to revert back to your old AFC tendencies?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
BOO HOO HOO look at me, I'm sooooooooooo good looking.
 
Top