Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reverse Psychology and Sexual Tension

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Many years ago, I was having a conversation with Gunwitch (known for his Gunwitch Method back in the old days of the PUA community) and I asked him what he thought the next big seduction method was going to be. For context, during that time, there were trends in the seduction community based on gurus and their pickup methods. At first, everyone was into Speed Seduction by Ross Jeffries, a method based on using NLP to guide women through the necessary emotional states to build comfort and turn them on. The PUA community eventually abandoned that for the Mystery Method, a method based on demonstrating value through canned routines and awkwardly asking women for their opinion about a jealous ex-girlfriend while wearing a fuzzy hat. At some point, the community abandoned that in favor of "natural game" with innovators like Vin DiCarlo and RSD whose methods were based on expressing your authentically attractive self through unstifling yourself and controlling your state. Vin DiCarlo was especially closer to the "right" formula through his greater emphasis on kino escalation compared to other gurus at the time. Throughout all those shifts in trends, though, I always felt like GWM offered a consistently effective message about sexualization, in particular the use of sexual state, so I thought Gunwitch could have some good insight regarding my question.

His guess was that the next big trend would be a seduction model based on reverse psychology. This never happened, of course, and at the time I didn't think too much of it because it did not seem feasible to structure an entire seduction model on it. Besides, with the popularization of natural game and authors like Mark Manson further promoting a seduction model that emphasized honesty, as a budding dating coach myself, I had even less incentive to think about ways to seduce someone by saying one thing while meaning the opposite.

However, throughout all the years of seducing women from all kinds of backgrounds all over the world, I eventually started noticing some consistent types of situations where reverse psychology definitely aided the seduction, and began to see the potential of putting all of it together into something greater than the sum of its parts.

For instance, I always found that it built a ton of sexual tension whenever I verbalized potential mutual attraction while giving a logical reason why we should not do anything.

"This thing that we have... We should make sure nothing happens between us because it's inappropriate. I'm a leader of this community and you're a member, and it will look bad if (blah blah blah)."

I also had a nearly 100% close rate whenever I stated that my intention wasn't necessary to sleep with her right before we got to the bedroom or any "seduction location" as the pickup nerds would say. I say "nearly" 100% because, even though I can't remember a time this didn't work, my memory might be sh!t so who knows.

"Just so you know, just because we're going to this motel room doesn't mean that I'm going to have sex with you."

I called this my "LMR Vaccine." Reverse psychology is clearly a tool that is useful in building a massive amount of sexual tension, but I'm guessing it can be used in various other ways as well.

So, I want to ask you all in the Sosuave community:

Have there been times when you used reverse psychology in your seductions? How about in earlier phases? Can you contextualize breaking rapport as reverse psychology somehow, too?

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, I know you stated you were a Mod at a popular forum back in the day. That forum didn't happen to be Sedfast did it? I was a member there and so was Gunwitch. He was very open to conversations and I did get the chance to talk to him a few times.

As far as methods go, I was always in favor of "natural game": cliche but honing your natural self and bringing out the best in you, de-programming yourself and then finding out/realizing what parts of you are most naturally attractive to women. You didn't mention David D, found out about him through the The Game. His C&F based method seemed to be the most relatable to "natural game" IMO. Also, Corey Wayne seems to be that way too.

As far as "reverse psychology", yes.... and almost as a tease sometimes. Or a "we'll see"...basically playing it cool. David D was big on that as well: telling girls things like "I think you and me could become really good FRIENDS". Stuff like that. And yes, it's fun. I posted in another thread about telling girls not to hit on my group of friends because we were all gay...then seeing them try to prove to us that we weren't gay...

lgbs2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasn't Gunwitch convicted for shooting a woman in the face?

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, I know you stated you were a Mod at a popular forum back in the day. That forum didn't happen to be Sedfast did it? I was a member there and so was Gunwitch. He was very open to conversations and I did get the chance to talk to him a few times.
I didn't mod sedfast but I was a member and chatted with Gunwitch in the mASF chatroom. He also participated in one of the forums/chats I modded later on.
As far as methods go, I was always in favor of "natural game": cliche but honing your natural self and bringing out the best in you, de-programming yourself and then finding out/realizing what parts of you are most naturally attractive to women. You didn't mention David D, found out about him through the The Game. His C&F based method seemed to be the most relatable to "natural game" IMO. Also, Corey Wayne seems to be that way too.
I actually started my whole journey with David Deangelo's content before The Game was even published, but didn't mention him since he got to be known as kind of a one-hit-wonder with the C&F thing, even though his material covered a vast span of game. He gave me a foundationational understanding attraction. He certainly taught a lot of things that probably built some of the foundation of what came to be known as natural game when that trend hit the community post-Mystery, but I never felt that he had a distinct seduction method that he could be credited with aside from the C&F technique.
As far as "reverse psychology", yes.... and almost as a tease sometimes. Or a "we'll see"...basically playing it cool. David D was big on that as well: telling girls things like "I think you and me could become really good FRIENDS". Stuff like that. And yes, it's fun. I posted in another thread about telling girls not to hit on my group of friends because we were all gay...then seeing them try to prove to us that we weren't gay...
Nice. I might be starting to see what Gunwitch was predicting back then. It also seems to tie in with Swinggcat's whole thing about getting her to chase you, though he was more emphasizing prizing.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasn't Gunwitch convicted for shooting a woman in the face?
Damn, seriously? I know there was some drama at one point where he got busted during a drug deal or something, and always heard he was an ex-con, but didn't hear anything about THAT!

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I literally got my girl worked up the first two dates and then on the third, never initiated kino once but looked in her eyes and smiled all night, I wore tight stuff, took her axe throwing , did 200 pushups and told her I was going to drop her off at her place and head out. She literally said out loud “you’re not going to have sex with me?” We haven’t had a day where we haven’t had sex 3x or more since.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Good thread. This should be unnecessary with current plates because they should never deny you sex but sounds like a good tool to try on potential new lays.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember the name Gunwitch. Feel like he may have had the motto "make the ho say no." But that may have been someone else.

I've met Mystery and Vin DiCarlo back in the day (lived in Boston and was a member of the lair and he gave presentations and sarged with us.. including hitting on my girlfriend who is now my wife haha)

anour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't mod sedfast but I was a member and chatted with Gunwitch in the mASF chatroom. He also participated in one of the forums/chats I modded later on.

I actually started my whole journey with David Deangelo's content before The Game was even published, but didn't mention him since he got to be known as kind of a one-hit-wonder with the C&F thing, even though his material covered a vast span of game. He gave me a foundationational understanding attraction. He certainly taught a lot of things that probably built some of the foundation of what came to be known as natural game when that trend hit the community post-Mystery, but I never felt that he had a distinct seduction method that he could be credited with aside from the C&F technique.

Nice. I might be starting to see what Gunwitch was predicting back then. It also seems to tie in with Swinggcat's whole thing about getting her to chase you, though he was more emphasizing prizing.
What is the C&F technique? Where can i find more information about it?

M

member160292

Ah yes the Gunwitch Method! I use it pretty often, though nonchalantly as if it’s part of my personality. The reason it works is because it elicits emotions, stir it up and you got a stew goin’

anour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah yes the Gunwitch Method! I use it pretty often, though nonchalantly as if it’s part of my personality. The reason it works is because it elicits emotions, stir it up and you got a stew goin’
Where can i find more info about the gunwitch method?

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the C&F technique? Where can i find more information about it?
C&F means c0cky and funny. The theory is that women will find you more attractive if you are c0cky and funny at the same time. If you're only c0cky, it just makes you look like an inconsiderate jerk. If you're only funny, it just makes you look like a dancing monkey. This is a link from the DJ Bible about it from this site: https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/examples-of-y-funny.16966/
Where can i find more info about the gunwitch method?
Looks like Gunwitch himself has posted it here: https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/gunwitch-method-the-way-to-get-laid.46286/

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking that this could just be another way to describe indirect game, but I realized that this idea is distinct from indirect game because it's either challenging a woman, or drawing on fractionation/push-pull.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Good thing I'm not hard right now" is one I used the other night texting an OLD broad

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have there been times when you used reverse psychology in your seductions?
I use it all the time. Intrigue is rooted in deception.

How about in earlier phases?
Oh, I already start off ignoring her aesthetics and getting her to qualify for other things than sex.

Can you contextualize breaking rapport as reverse psychology somehow, too?
I tell women my boundaries and that I won't break them.
They expect me to disappoint them and take advantage.
I don't, not even if they beg.
I get my fill later, when they submit to me.