Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Retirement

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
So right now I only have one child and would like more with my girl but she happy with what she has. I work for local goverment in my state which has a pension fund. I can start to collect from the pension fully at 67. If I do single life allowance it leave me with roughly $5200 a month, I could do joint with my woman with survivor benefits where she would get $4200 in case I die and I would also collect $4200. Since though she doesn't want to give me more kids and I'm not one to stray and cheat on her. I was thinking it would be better to have my pension go my son who is only 18 months old right now. However if I decide to leave my pension to my son the monthly for me would only be $2435 a month and when I die my son would be payed that amount along with cost of living increases the rest of his life.

I feel like this is in the long term would be most beneficial for my son and give me a slight edge in passing on his genetic legacy hopefully having more then just one kid with atleast one male heir.

I already am dumping 19% of my paycheck into retirement and by the time I retire it should be sitting around 1.5 million so even if I take a hit in my pension it really should matter. I also thought about joining the coast gaurd reserves and trying to do 20 years with them which would equate to a pension of $2445 assuming I never get promoted passed an E3. That would leave me with 2 pensions with a total of $5k a month for rest of my life and the retirement money I am already banking. Only plus is at 55 I can start to collect the military pension over having to wait until 67 for my local/state pension to kick in.

Hopefully I keep investing in stocks and properties on the side to leave my son. The only goal I want for him to to have many children hopefully I can set him up to not worry so much about money. I don't know what are your guy's thoughts? Should I leave my pension to my kid or nah?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think pension plans are structured to make the Union money. It is a giant Ponzi scheme and the Baby Boomers are going to break it and Social Security. Get the most money as soon as you can and teach your son to save and invest on his own for retirement.