Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Response to girl that cancels

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im looking for the best reply to a girl whos canceled on me. I've talked to her in class, phone, txt. Anyways i set up an ice cream date for later today but today she texted me saying "I cant make it today I dont feel good. im sorry but I'll let you know the next time we can go". This is the second time she cancels, last time her excuse was more believable, she had to go out with her family.

Anyways what I want to convey on my reply are my honest intentions and give her the feeling I'm willing to walk away from her.
Here's what I came up with:

"So that your best excuse? I saw potential between us but I guess you dont feel that way. Its cool tho, I'll see you around"

What do you guys think?

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that. But then I wouldn't contact her for a few days.

Weigh your options. And more experience to chime in.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Im looking for the best reply to a girl whos canceled on me. I've talked to her in class, phone, txt. Anyways i set up an ice cream date for later today but today she texted me saying "I cant make it today I feel kinda sick im sorry but I'll let you know the next time we can go". This is the second time she cancels, last time her excuse was more believable, she had to go out with her family.

Anyways what I want to convey on my reply are my honest intentions and give her the feeling I'm willing to walk away from her.

"So that your best excuse? I saw potential between us but I guess you dont feel that way. Its cool tho, I'll see you around"

What do you guys think?
Lame. Why even let her know it bothers you? Just don't reply if this is the second time.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
Lame. Why even let her know it bothers you? Just don't reply if this is the second time.
JohnnyCox said:
Ditch her man, shes not worth your time.
all of the above are correct.

The first time its plausible but when it happens the second time in a row its bullsh1t. She isn't intrested in you because otherwise she would put more effort.

Don't reply or bother with her. Unless she approaches you herself and she really tries to put an effort to make it up to you then she isn't worth your time.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Your supposed to be a man of action. Don't "give her the feeling" you're willing to walk away. Walk away, dammit.

This is not rocket science.

Guybrush

Don Juan
Reaction score

This is lame. Never communicate your feelings OVERTLY to women. Especially by texting them.

Your message is a huge turn-off... It is a bad type of aggressiveness (AFC) - a better type is JUST NOT TO CARE and PLAIN IGNORANCE.

Cancelling twice is enough to NEXT her in my standards. Work on yourself - and don't be overt!

Good luck

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya i wouldn't wanna catch anything, ha Get well soon ttyl.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.......sheesh dude, there are times when chics don't feel good.

Best response is a) no response, b) hope u feel better, c) fu u stupid liar, liar pants on fire d) your answer.

Id go for B........give her the benefit of the doubt, it was icecream dude, not licking her cream. Sheesh keep her on your cell, and next her til she texts you back. You can also try....."hey ok, feel better but this is the second time so you owe me bigtime.......and it better be worth the wait".........then go find someone else while you are waiting.

Its possible she coulda excused your butt for another.........but til your sure no need to NEXT too quickly.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd vote for no response. One cancel you can chalk to circumstance, but two is not cool, and she even verified with the, "don't call me, I'll call you" line at the end. I don't see any response that is better than nothing at all.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Im looking for the best reply to a girl whos canceled on me. I've talked to her in class, phone, txt. Anyways i set up an ice cream date for later today but today she texted me saying "I cant make it today I dont feel good. im sorry but I'll let you know the next time we can go". This is the second time she cancels, last time her excuse was more believable, she had to go out with her family.

her: "I cant make it today I dont feel good. im sorry but I'll let you know the next time we can go".

you: I don't think I can make it either, I have run to a few errands. Get well soon.

No response means you're absorbing her problem, which you can't do. You have to put it back on her and stand up for yourself. She has made herself important by saying "I can't make it today, I'm sorry" and you have to knock her down. She is not doing you a favor by spending time with you.

PlayToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Best response is no response.

Or if you really wanted to respond I would have went with something along the lines of:

"You must be pretty sick to not want to have ice cream with me....oh well.. now you owe me big, so you better think of how you can win me over. :)"

I may have not worded it exactly right, but basically it gets the point across that you are very high value and you know it, and that she screwed up by canceling twice and its obvious she owes you. Plus it shows in a joking way that you aren't going to stand for that and she is going have to do something to impress you in order for her to be in your good graces again. Basically it makes her qualify herself to you next time you see her.

If she isn't very interested in you then she is not going to call you back or set anything up.

If she is interested then she will be trying to impress you and get you back to liking her the next date/hangout.

I would even go as far as waiting a few days, and calling her and jokingly saying that you convinced yourself you would give her the benefit of the doubt and give her one last chance to make it up to you. Then tell her you are busy and you have to go real quick but tell her to call you back later with something good.

If you don't get a call back, or she acts really flakey, then you delete her number and move on, knowing there is no chance what-so-ever with this girl. If she calls back with an idea to go out, joke that you are still hesistent to go out with her, cause she is such a flake. If she likes you, then she will be qualify herself like no other.

Most people on here will say just to next her right now. I however feel that you should make sure there is not chance, so as long as you invest no real time in her until she invites you out. There is no harm in sending a text here or there, or making a phone call, so as long as you out there after new girls and this one is on the very, very back burner.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
best response = no response

AKA you don't care and aren't trying to squeeze tiny bits of value out of a lose/lose situation

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:

What do you guys think?
"So that your best excuse?"
You showed her you were affected and hurt by her cancellation of the date. Especially after her belittling message telling you "she'll let you know when you guys can go out."

I saw potential between us but I guess you dont feel that way.
You gave it up. She knows you want her now. Reckon she'll make things any easier? No way bruv. If you were trying to make her feel bad or guilty for flaking on you, it's not gonna work man.

Its cool tho, I'll see you around
Sure it's cool, the stuff you said before this showed that it WASN'T cool at all. It's like when someone says "Yeah go on do what you damn well please, it's cool." Dude, you just showed her that you were miffed with her. Which is a nono.

For now, don't initiate anything with her anymore. Talk to her in class and be your usual self. Take it from there. Don't let da woman trample on your ass.

Cheers and all the best.

ATG

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont respond at all. she's playin you. charge her to the game.

carlitos

Don Juan
Reaction score
i see a lot of people saying next..but i don't think thats the best option because 1. the good girls u actually have to put effort in and 2. if u keep on starting over u dont learn the full aspect of the game only the beginning of it

the other 2 options are no contact or shock and awe..this depends on how much u care and how long u can wait for..

i find girls like these are usually looking for more serious relationships too..so that also depend on what u want

if u really like this girl i say give her some kind of ultimatum..u gotta get her attention..it's not begging but u show some force in the beginning

i've been trying this technique..with girls that are actually worth it
first u say u dont like **** to be half assed..either u love me or u hate me
if u like me u gotta give me respect..if not stop talking to me and i might be pissed for a few days..a week tops...but i just cant tolerate disrespect

u have to let her know it's not cool to flake..u have to communicate and put ur pride aside somewhat..and by then if she stops talking to u then at least u put the effort in and no regrets

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayToWin said:
Best response is no response.

Or if you really wanted to respond I would have went with something along the lines of:

"You must be pretty sick to not want to have ice cream with me....oh well.. now you owe me big, so you better think of how you can win me over. :)"

I may have not worded it exactly right, but basically it gets the point across that you are very high value and you know it, and that she screwed up by canceling twice and its obvious she owes you. Plus it shows in a joking way that you aren't going to stand for that and she is going have to do something to impress you in order for her to be in your good graces again. Basically it makes her qualify herself to you next time you see her.

If she isn't very interested in you then she is not going to call you back or set anything up.

If she is interested then she will be trying to impress you and get you back to liking her the next date/hangout.

I would even go as far as waiting a few days, and calling her and jokingly saying that you convinced yourself you would give her the benefit of the doubt and give her one last chance to make it up to you. Then tell her you are busy and you have to go real quick but tell her to call you back later with something good.

If you don't get a call back, or she acts really flakey, then you delete her number and move on, knowing there is no chance what-so-ever with this girl. If she calls back with an idea to go out, joke that you are still hesistent to go out with her, cause she is such a flake. If she likes you, then she will be qualify herself like no other.

Most people on here will say just to next her right now. I however feel that you should make sure there is not chance, so as long as you invest no real time in her until she invites you out. There is no harm in sending a text here or there, or making a phone call, so as long as you out there after new girls and this one is on the very, very back burner.
Perfect. This is the way you wanna go.