Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Research says 50% of women have a backup partner in mind when in a relationship

logicallefty

Reaction score
I’ve only lived in Florida since June. Have a GF here but my back up chicks are all 900 miles away in Illinois. I haven’t built myself a harem here yet. At this point I pretty much expect that women will always have a backup plan. I’m sure my current GF does and that’s fine. So long as she takes care or me I really don’t care. Relationships are more like a business thing now anyway. I don’t take them too seriously anymore.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody's got a backup plan.

Everybody knows that everybody's got a backup plan.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are her backup plan. When she couldn't get who she wanted she ended up with you, until 1 she finds better or 2 you do. If she can't find better, you may have a (temporarily) stable situation.
I don’t think women (or men) are constantly looking for a trade in.

buddhafukko

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think women (or men) are constantly looking for a trade in.
It's not that they are looking for a trade in. It's that if an obviously better option becomes available they will avail it. This is just a different perspective on hypergamy. Women are not known for loyalty or faithfulness, which is why fidelity had to be written into law in antiquity.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
It's OVER for PuttingAllMyEggsInOneBasketCels.
Let's give the ladies credit where it's due. They're under no illusion that a union can end at anytime, for a wide variety of reasons

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone think it's good for men, when men break up with women?

I recall seeing a woman post that after a breakup, she had sex with 3 different men.

So, this is the difference between a single girl, and a single girl that just had a breakup.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that they are looking for a trade in. It's that if an obviously better option becomes available they will avail it. This is just a different perspective on hypergamy. Women are not known for loyalty or faithfulness, which is why fidelity had to be written into law in antiquity.
The solution is to be as high on the SMV scale as you can. Let’s say one is an 8. And assuming a Bell Curve. The chance of her finding an ‘obvious better option’ is small. The converse would be to choose a woman well below your SMV. Likely no man above your SMV would be interested in her.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recall seeing a woman post that after a breakup, she had sex with 3 different men.
First of all, what a woman posts might not always be truth/fact. And it's not necessarily a good sign to have sex with three different people if the first two people turned out to be bad matches.

I have a better sex life now after my divorce than I had before I married. While I expected my SMV to go down, it actually went up.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't need to do much to keep a "backup" they have an endless supply of men chasing her. A "backup" can just be any guy she stays in contact with.

A man has to work a bit harder to prospect and keep "backups" but to me it seems sort of unnecessary to go out of your way to do it as some lame form of security. However if you are talking to multiple women and start dating one of them regularly, why not at least keep seeing the others? Until you agree to monogamy it's fair game. That said, I don't really have the patience to date multiple women anyway, it's too much work/money. You can still easily walk away without from a girl without immediate prospects to fall back on, so there's no real point in having backups unless we're strictly talking about having a constant funnel of pvssy, but I don't care about that either.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares. No worries here.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did speed dating at a local Jersey shore bar last month. There were 30 men and 30 women and you talked to each woman for two minutes. 80% of the women were under 30 and 2/3 of that group was attractive.
30 single young women were doing speed dating near Valentine's Day?
Thats odd.

Statistically, December & Feburary were always the worst months to meet single women.
Apparently there's a shift happening in the dating market.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 single young women were doing speed dating near Valentine's Day?
Thats odd.

Statistically, December & Feburary were always the worst months to meet single women.
Apparently there's a shift happening in the dating market.
Gives us hope

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did speed dating at a local Jersey shore bar last month. There were 30 men and 30 women and you talked to each woman for two minutes. 80% of the women were under 30 and 2/3 of that group was attractive.
Which bar?

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the term backup is being misused for fantasy to some degree. You have to remember a couple things.

Women have orbiters, they always will. There’s a reason they aren’t clicking with those orbiters.

Another thought: if you’re not going to lock her down and marry her, does it really matter? You’re a rental.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you on December. I thought November and December were the worst months to meet new women. The only exeption to that would be social circle introductions from private residence parties during the holiday season.

There are a lot of motivated singles in January and February coming off of a lousy holiday season spent alone. Also, the pressure of Valentine's Day alone would motivate someone to do something.