Reputation of being a liar

BobbyJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really have gotten a kick out of the ****y & Funny theme. I joke around alot with everyone, and my reputation has proceeded me. After some fun conversations of just joking around, several of the girls in my apartment complex believe that I'm a liar.

I'm in a college town and so common questions in my apartment complex are "What are you studying" or "Where do you work?"

And I usually respond with majors that aren't usually associated with guys, like Elementary Education or Fashion Design, or I'll just tell them I go to beauty school and I'm planning on being a stylist. And that I also work at Chippendale's or Hooters.

Eventually, after some joking around, the girls will say that they won't ever believe anything I say. So I'll tell them that I think that they are wonderful and sweet, and that they are just so smart. And the girls will realize that though I'm saying kind words, I'm also throwing an insult. And if she gets mad, I'll tell her, "What's your problem, can't you take a compliment?"

I like the reputation of someone who jokes around alot because it gives me more leeway than other guys to tease girls. I've said some pretty mean things, but it's done in a fun way and I have that reputation so I get away with it.

But I'm wondering if any board members have been in similar situations and should I be worried about any problems with having the reputation of joking around and telling "lies". I know it's not good to lie, but I'm not lying to try and impress them, but just to joke around (for entertainment purposes).

If a girl says that she doesn't trust me (or believe anything I say), what are some ways to respond? One idea I had was to say that I don't trust her and do the trust test with her.

I go out on more dates than most of the guys in my apartment complex and whenever I'm just hanging out with girls, we're all having fun just talking, but what are some possible side effects of the reputation I'm garnering?

BobbyJ

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you might die from laughing too hard and having something lodge in your throat :rolleyes:

guitaronfire411

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch out for the guys that are too proud and the girls that are psycho. They might try and hunt you down. :)

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have that reputation too, infact most of my advice is pretty much crap. I believe frivolous21 gives the best advice on this website, even better than mines. His post is borderline academic bravo and the intelligence rivally even Einstein himself.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My reputation as a liar is almost as bad as doctoroxygen's as a lover. I can't bring myself to tell the boring-ass truth about little inane subjects, so I do the same thing as you. Girls eat it up and I don't really worry about them not trusting me because I fractionate really well from hardcore C+F to rapport, so they can tell there's a decent guy behind it. Just make sure you do that and you're golden.