Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reply To Oxide

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey oxide here's the reply to the PM you sent me. EMPTY YOUR PM MAILBOX!

about the basketball: you can play, but you have to make sure to replace in food the calories you would burn playing basketball.

This is probably the reason I just recommend doing no to very little cardio while bulking. It just slows the process down because you presumably can't calculate exactly how many calories you do burn, and thus, you run the risk of not getting enough calories despite eating a ton of food, because of the excess cardiovascular activity. So, you can do it and you have some options: a) keep at same level but eat even more b) cut your basketball playing time in half or c) just stop playing ball for the 3-4 months you're bulking up

about the calories

take your weight and MULTIPLY THEM BY THE COEFFICIENTS.

So if you weigh 151 lbs. by plugging into the formulas you should be getting about 225g protein, about 400-450g of carbs, and about 50-75g of good fat. This is what you should be eating IF YOU DO NO CARDIO - if you do cardio you have to add calories in PROPORTION TO WHAT YOU BURN.

So, if you total those ratios up - you should be eating around 3200 calories - and if you add in basketball you should probably bump up your total to around 4000-4500. Keep a food diary for awhile.. it'll take out a lot of guesswork.

good luck, D

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, i love that game so much it is gonna be hard to give it up :(

I stopped drinking pop now, first it was for a week, now i just dont even feel like drinking it anymore, so thats a good start on my diet.

Im cutting fast food away too. Even though it is hard with all the
1$ menu's.

I eat a lot of fruits, drink loads of water, but i dont think i get enough caliories.
Usually when i wake up i dont want to eat anything at all! So i have to make up my food 1-2 hours after i wake up.

I was 151 pounds when i wrote this, today i weighted myself in YMCA, and i am 148?! what the hell? have i been doing too much exercise lately?

I want to get bigger but do not wish for a gut, i like my abs and want them to be even more defined, is there anything i can do not to let the gut hang?

How long do i bulk for, and what food works well with bulking?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can bulk for as long as you want. However, I will say you have to give it at least 3 months to start seeing some really noticeable results. You don't get huge overnight. Ideally a good initial bulking cycle for a beginner can last upto a year or two.

As to food: lots of meats, lots of potatoes, rice, pasta, veggies, nuts, milk, protein shakes, fruit. Get a nutritional counter and you can adjust the quantities to fit the ratios I gave you. Try and stay away from fried foods, junk food, and alchol. Not give them up mind you. JUST DON'T EAT THEM EVERY DAY.

Oh yeah: you can drink IN MODERATION if you want, but don't drink to get drunk. That does a number on your metabolism and recovery times.

D

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of lifting should i be doing during this time?

I usually go to gym 3 times a week or so and do bench, flys, tricep ext, work my abs, do curls and stuff like that.

I generally ingnore legs because i play basketball to keep them in shape (plus i drive a stick) ;) , but i do work my shoulders/back time to time.

I concentrate on arms a lot more tho

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what?!?! this was a personal trainer thing, DIESEL you are so fired! :p

Thanks for help man, appreciate that.