Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Repetition is Beautiful

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to a buddy of mine who is in construction and going to college to finish up his degree in chemistry. He was telling me of a time when he was putting shingles down on a roof. One of his co-workers complained because he thought putting down shingle after shingle was boring, but Mike, my friend, told him this:

"It might be repetitious, but the more you do it the better and faster you'll be at it. Repetition is beautiful because that’s how you learn. The more you're accustomed to it the more of a feel you get for it. Repetition is beautiful my man."
I thought about that and it hit home really hard. I said to myself, “damn, that has a hell of a message in it."

Think about the game of golf for a moment. It takes great skill to play golf, but more importantly is the thousands of balls hit at the driving range practicing and working on your stroke to get good at it. You have to have to keep your arms straight, have a smooth backswing and follow through. You have also have to keep your head down, hit the ball squarely, know how hard or soft to hit the ball, and keep your balance throughout each swing of the golf club. That is a lot of things to have to concentrate on at one time just to hit a good shot. But after time it becomes second nature. You get a feel for how to play the game. You become so accustomed of what to do that little or no thought is involved in the process. It has become so repetitious that, almost instinctively, you know what to do. It becomes natural.

The same thing is true for the game of dating. It is a game. It’s fun to play, especially when you know how to win. But to get to that point where you don’t have to worry about what to say or what to do next, you first need have a lot of experience in dating. That is the beauty of it. You get to go out and hone your conversation skills and gain experience with women while becoming more comfortable with and getting good at dating. Even if a date doesn’t go as well as planned (or even pretty poorly), it’s still good for you to have gone out so that you can get a better feel for the overall dating process.

The courting ritual between a man and a woman was meant to be enjoyable, so start enjoying it.

thecraftylefty

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how about guys who have memorized tons of speed seduction patterns and can rattle them off as easily as their own name yet the patterns don't work for them but yet the same patterns work for others?

I don't think repetition does much other than being able to repeat patterns. Do you remember your multiplication tables? Can you quickly determine the product of 15^2? Probably not because the usually only 12^2 is taught.

Understanding what you learn does a wealth more good than just memorizing things through repetition. Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes things permanent. However not truly understanding why you are repeating a thing will only take you so far.

Heaven forbid you learn something through repetition that doesn't work. You'll just keep doing it in hopes that ONE TIME it actually works for you. Unfortunately, not understanding it will probably keep you repeating it for a long time. That's what differentiates AFCs from RAFS.

Just something to consider.

Ladiesssman

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is the more you repeat things, the more chance you'll get the meaning of it. Just like practice martial art, for example. You punch, you kick, stance. You do over and over. In the beginning, you don't understand shyt. You feel like a robot, or purely a machine. After so many repetition, you beginning to understand the feeling of balance, coordination, technique. So I believe repetition gives you more experience, thus make you better. That does apply to conversation and other things.

IMO

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ladiesssman
The thing is the more you repeat things, the more chance you'll get the meaning of it. Just like practice martial art, for example. You punch, you kick, stance. You do over and over. In the beginning, you don't understand shyt. You feel like a robot, or purely a machine. After so many repetition, you beginning to understand the feeling of balance, coordination, technique. So I believe repetition gives you more experience, thus make you better. That does apply to conversation and other things.

IMO
So you are saying that someone can learn martial arts effectively just by imitating the stances and moves over and over? No need to learn contact points, proper stance nor energy. So you are saying that if we would have watched Bruce Lee movies enough and imitated him enough we would become martial artists? No need for any instruction, just repeat the moves over and over. No need for any feedback on whether we were even doing it right... :confused:

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fransisco,

I appreciate the critcizm. And you have a vaild point with the whole understanding thing that you're stressing. But that's coming from a standpoint of a seducer (a la fastseduction.com) and this is the DJ site. I went through that phase, and by the look of it so have many of the guys over there. I've browsed around over fs.com recently and I am seeing a lot of transition to a more natural type of pickup and not the ones that consist of memorizing scripts and patterns and whatnot.

What I am merely trying to get guys to do is stay motivated and get their lives figured out. Getting thrown out to the wolves is the best medicine for a lot of guys. I remember a time when I couldn't look a girl in the eyes. But by doing it over and over again I became accustomed to it. After that I learned how to actually go up to a girl and talk to her, and then a slew of other things that helped me along the way. I used to be a sissy. Now I am a man.

You see, by doing something, even if it's wrong, it will help you out. Over time you make changes and see what works and throw out what doesn't. You'll see that you're getting closer and closer to becoming a great communicator, and thus more attractive, towards the opposite sex. And that is what counts.

thecraftylefty

Blinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
" Practice makes perfect "

It's obvious that the ,..

More dates you go on ( the more experience/confidence you'll gain and you'll know how too act and what too say better )

More times you have Sex ( the more experience/confidence you'll have in bed, and the better you'll know how too please a woman )

More times you kiss different woman ( you well become a better kisser than you were )

More times you approach ( your confidence will increase and so will your closes )....etc

Repetition of somit, is basically just becoming used too it and becoming more skillful at it... the more you do somit, the more you'll end up finding "best ways to do it" or "Shortcuts" and you find out u know exactly what too do, when and how without too much trouble.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thecraftylefty
Fransisco,

I appreciate the critcizm. And you have a vaild point with the whole understanding thing that you're stressing. But that's coming from a standpoint of a seducer (a la fastseduction.com) and this is the DJ site. I went through that phase, and by the look of it so have many of the guys over there. I've browsed around over fs.com recently and I am seeing a lot of transition to a more natural type of pickup and not the ones that consist of memorizing scripts and patterns and whatnot.
No it has nothing to do with seduction. Seduction is only convincing someone into seeing things your way. Seduction takes more time and effort if you don't understand the qualities that a DJ has.

The natural type pickups that you are talking about aren't learned by just repetition, it never will. Repetition is used best for reoccurring situations that are exactly alike. We're talking about women here and how many do you know that are exactly alike?

Read more of the Bible. There you will get an understanding that to be a good DJ you need to be dynamic and flexible. Repetition without being able to understand what didn't work in the past will keep you doing things that do not work.

Consider this, would you trust your investments with a broker that will only invest into one certain portfolio because it's the only one he uses repetitively based on the S&P? Or, would you choose a broker that understands the market and takes into consideration the different markets, exchange rates and other factors that makes the market fluctuate?

Also, read the field reports of some of the long time DJs. You will see that they do not do the same things over and over, they have the ability to understand the situation and woman they are sarging and to act appropriately.

Act on purpose and not just because it's the same thing you did last time...

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we are misunderstanding each other Fransisco.

You seem to think that just because I say to do something/anything, get out there, and do it over and over again that that's how it goes. Obviously that's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is to get out there to get experience so that you can evalute what works and what doesn't for you. If you do something 50 times and it doesn't work, I'm not saying do it again and hope for the best. Rather, I am advocating that you still get out there, but change it up so that you don't do the things that are ruining your chances.

If you're an engineer, you're obviously going to want to find the best and most efficient way of building and constructing whatever apparatus that is being built. Innovations are constantly being thought up and incorporated into current structures. From designing those types of things over and over again you're bound to figure out new and better ways of doing things. And this is the same principle I am trying to get across.

I hope that clears up a few things.

thecraftylefty