Remote, undiscovered, amazon tribe discovered!

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool!

It will be very interesting to see how the Brazilian government manages the situation, and what knowledge, if there is any "investigation", comes out of the tribe, how they live, what their beliefs are, etc.

IPalindromeI

Don Juan
Reaction score
My hope is that they will leave these people be and let them live out their existence undisturbed.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
Cool!

It will be very interesting to see how the Brazilian government manages the situation, and what knowledge, if there is any "investigation", comes out of the tribe, how they live, what their beliefs are, etc.
Theyre going to rape them of their resources, just like all governments do to indigenous people.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if they were only scared of the aircraft, or would be just as hostile toward any visitors? If they would kill & eat anyone who walked up on them, it makes it seem like less of a big deal that their culture gets wiped out. As ethnocentric as it sounds, there is something to be said for civilization.

I bet there are church missionary groups planning a trip right now; they'll probably be the first outsiders to contact them. A lot of missionary types are convinced that the rapture can't occur until Christianity gets preached everywhere. My high school English teacher is one of them; she's now a preacher and has gone to remote areas of New Zealand, trying to hook up with the natives to preach the word. Thanks to them, there are random Christian churches in the middle of nowhere, New Zealand. Non-religious people will think this is all silly, maybe it is, but religion debate aside, it is at a minimum an excuse for cultures to rub off on each other, mostly us on them. The missionaries will bring candy bars, ipods, cell phones, Marlboros, bic lighters, toilet paper, and 101 other neat things they don't have. I have read about other tribes getting absorbed into mainstream in the rest of South America; one in particular just became welfare bums, because they could not see the point of money and capitalism, and working toward abstract financial goals. They had spent all of their waking hours securing food and shelter; when they wandered into society and the government, another concept they did not understand, gave them free food and shelter, all of their needs were met. They just sat around.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Theyre going to rape them of their resources, just like all governments do to indigenous people.
What resources? The land? If they wanted it they would've already started developing it and would've made contact with these people.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
probably make them poorly paid tour guides for the forest

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Brazilian government has a policy of not contacting the few tribes which are untouched by the outside world and whose way of life has apparently changed little in thousands of years. It is not known to which tribe they belonged, Funai said.
I think thats cool as sh!t. Theres a whole world out there and yet its hard to believe that there is life out there that is undiscovered to the modernized world and vice versa. :eek:

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I never thought I'd see actual pictures of tribesmen who are disconnected from the modern world. You can tell from those pictures that they were genuinely surprised and frightened by the airplane. I mean, this is just very cool. Thanks for posting the article.

Makes you appreciate the vast grand scale of habitable, unexplored land. It's also an interesting glimpse of our evolutionary past since our ancestors lived like this.

Her organisation estimates that there are around 100 similar groups around the world in places like Brazil, the Andaman Islands and New Guinea.
Wow, that's pretty surprising. And all this time, I thought how could anyone possibly be disconnected from the outside world.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freaky and kind of sad/weird. They won't be around long, and if they survive they'll be working at Wal-Mart.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the looks of them it seems Mel Gibson got the hairstyle and fashion sense right in Apacolypto.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
am I the only one that is thinking that maybe I should pack some lighters and a gun and go over there and after I show them that I can make fire with a snap of a finger and kill an animal by just pointing at it that they will make me their god and a ruler and I will be banging all the women in the village? nah... their women are probably ugly as sin.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't take much to get them naked though.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
US Navy Seals should ambush them, and leave them in the middle of Los Angeles, just to see how they react...im down to watch that

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in that aerial image, wouldn't it be funny if you kept zooming in and then the last zoom-in would show a picture of the natives shooting the arrows into the air?

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
US Navy Seals should ambush them, and leave them in the middle of Los Angeles, just to see how they react...im down to watch that
Omg thats probably the funniest thing I've read on here for weeks. That would make an amazing reality show.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If these tribes ever came into contact with the civilised world, chances are they'd die of diseases which we have all developed immunity from over time. The common cold and diarrhoea can be deadly if one does not have proper immunity. In fact, not too long ago, an un-contacted tribe in Columbia were discovered by civilisation, but 65% of them died of diseases which we think nothing of.

Coming into contact with these people could be deadly for them. Best leave them alone.