"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Remember who you are.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I walk around and see so many people... so many people so unhappy.

We are here because we were once unhappy. We sought to change our case and it worked. We are now happy. Unfortunatly, we are a minority. For you too should walk around and you will see many people... so many people unhappy.

My friend moved to another country and he was asking me over AIM for some help with his chick. Well, obviously he didn't listen and it screwed him over. He then came back to me and said "What do I do now?" . I informed him that if he had listened to me, he would be fine. He replied "ok I'm sorry, I ****ed up. Now what do I do for tomorrow?" I then asked "The same thing that happened today... because nothing has changed."

That is the situation of this world my friends. People who proclaim that they screwed up but are not willing to do anything about it... and they are perpetually unhappy.

It's the most unhappy people who most fear change. ~Mignon McLaughlin

Some times, even we get unhappy. We are afterall only human. But we do not stay forever unhappy. We correct whatever went wrong to live a happier life. Sometimes, we forget about everything we have learned and all we have been through and just get caught up in the moment and feel our joy fade away. And that is why I tell you now to remember who you are.

We are the DJs of this world. We are the privileged people of this world. You all goto school and you all have access to a computer with internet. You are also the people trying to make the world a better place by helping other people. The great philosophers of the 18th century developped the encyclopedia. Can you possibly imagine how much work that must have been? All that work.. all the effort put into one cause... Making people more intelligent.

Am I to be given credit for being intelligent? Would I be here if my parents hadn't had a ton of money? Would I be as 'great' as I am if my parents weren't who they are? Would I have come this far.... alone? No.

Because of the philosophers ladies and gentlemen, because of them we are who we are today. Because one day they shaped the world and made it a better place. They once achieved freedom... the only true freedom, the freedom of thought. From that freedom flow all the others and so they tried to give it to us. They wanted us to become free. We are no closer today to achieving that goal than back then. We are the DJs of this world because we, like them, broke free. And we all had the brilliant idea to spread the wealth. But it didn't work.

AFCs do not turn to the DJ way when you show them the light. When they are down and ask your help, they do not hear it. They are not ready to change and so can not be changed. They don't want to help themselves so nothing you do or say is going to change that.

Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do.
And that is what we did. That is what we worked so hard for and got so far for. We have written our own little legacies that only few can see and even fewer can read. We were given a head start on the others but that distance is insignificant to the distance currently between us and them. That is why I must ask you why you must suffer for them. Why must you go out of your way for them. Why they cause you emotional damage. If you are a professional soccer player, it is wrong for a amateur to play on your team and **** up the cup winning shot. You wouldn't let him. You couldn't let him. Not after you worked so hard, you and your team mates, to get so far just to have it ripped out of your hands by incompetance.

It is my belief that for 95% of the population (of the US, based on experience and a limited number of people. It could and probably applies elsewhere) the answer to a mistake is "I ****ed up". Nothing more. If they got a D on their math test and said "I ****ed up" and then had to take the same one the next day, what would they get?

It is not in these people that I place my happiness or my trust. Or my respect. Look at how they fail and give up. Look at how they cry over the weather. Look at their happiness drain out like a like water in the toilet bowl. And that is what their happiness is mixed with! SH*T!

Don Juan, you are better than that. You have the knowledge and the understanding to be succesful. You have the tools. And they were not handed to you. You built those tools. You went through hell, you made sweat drop out of every pore to get to where you are. You deserve better than what they have.. and so you have it.

The next time you are down or unhappy, remember what you have been through. Remember what you did when you last had trouble. Remember how far you have come and how great you have become! Remember... Who you are!
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
South Orange, NJ
YES! Thank you, Lik. That is a major thing that seperates us DJs from the rest of the world. We don't live in blindness, making the same mistakes over and over. We learn from our mistakes and become better men for it. This is so poignant because it applies perfectly to the situation I am in.

Thank you again. Rock on, brah.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by LikRetsam
The next time you are down or unhappy, remember what you have been through. Remember what you did when you last had trouble. Remember how far you have come and how great you have become! Remember... Who you are!
'

Very powerful quote.

Good read Lik, keep up the work.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Biphoria

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Reminds me of the lion king and other important references ;) .

Great.. no... amazing post.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Biphoria
Reminds me of the lion king and other important references ;) .
:D
 

Biphoria

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I'm just a beginner, but I've already realised how true this is. Most people get unhappy so easily over the dumbest things...
 

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Very inspiration lik,

Remember fellas ... choose hapiness
 
Top