Umbra
Master Don Juan
Pepe Le Pew. How appropriate is your name. 
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
Originally posted by Mr. Fingers
Dude I feel your pain. I used to be a hardcore right-wing Christian myself. Until I woke up one day and realized that while there may be one ultimate truth, there are many paths to get to it. As far as God, I don't believe in the traditional image of God...don't think he's a he or a she or anything our minds can pin down. Just a social contruct we have created to harness the power of the Unknown, which is what people fear most! To me God... is the soul of the universe experiencing itself through flavors of consciousness, we are all God, a poetic expression written across time!
As far as how this applies to relationships, I have to say, this is a major factor in my selection process. Would I bone a Christian hottie? heh..Does the devil wear red??? Now, would I marry or have an LTR with one? Unless she is a VERY open minded one (good luck finding one of those) then Uh-uh no way man! For me to have that level of intimacy with someone, we have to connect on some deeeep levels. I don't care how fine she is..I want her to push my perception of the universe to new heights, not bore me to death with tired notions that other people have put into her head. I want a woman who is smarter, more in touch with her SOUL than that.
Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.
Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers. Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.
I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.
You are my f****** hero man. At last, somebody with clear sight.Originally posted by Mr. Fingers
Dude I feel your pain. I used to be a hardcore right-wing Christian myself. Until I woke up one day and realized that while there may be one ultimate truth, there are many paths to get to it. As far as God, I don't believe in the traditional image of God...don't think he's a he or a she or anything our minds can pin down. Just a social contruct we have created to harness the power of the Unknown, which is what people fear most! To me God... is the soul of the universe experiencing itself through flavors of consciousness, we are all God, a poetic expression written across time!
See how much better that sounds than, "there is no God?" When you peg yourself as an atheist, alot of people will see you as some sort of supreme pessimist. I am personally against organized religion (atheism can be considered religion as well you know!) But you don't have to be religious to be SPIRITUAL! I have dated Christians, Hindus, Buddhists you name it. It's all the same sh!t !!! A bunch of people who think they are right and everyone else is dumb. Brings to mind something my sweet little grandma used to say to me, "Fingers" she said, "Opinions are like *******s...everybody has one and they think everyone else's stinks!" Wise words!
As far as how this applies to relationships, I have to say, this is a major factor in my selection process. Would I bone a Christian hottie? heh..Does the devil wear red??? Now, would I marry or have an LTR with one? Unless she is a VERY open minded one (good luck finding one of those) then Uh-uh no way man! For me to have that level of intimacy with someone, we have to connect on some deeeep levels. I don't care how fine she is..I want her to push my perception of the universe to new heights, not bore me to death with tired notions that other people have put into her head. I want a woman who is smarter, more in touch with her SOUL than that.
This is just my preference though. I have seen people of different religions get together and they seem happy. Only you can decide what is right for you, but I gotta say, when you meet that special girl who not only shares but ENHANCES your view of the world, you have truly struck gold, Route 66!