Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Relationship = Sum of Dates?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
For some unfortunate reason, men and women usually start talking about long term commitments when they start dating. This is almost always born out of insecurity. How many relationships end because one person wants to restrict future behavior for the other?

Isn't this like trying to predict Climate Change for the year 2100 when we hardly even know what tomorrow's weather will be?

How about simply taking it one (or two) dates at a time, and planning the next 2-4 weeks worth of dates, indefinitely? At least do this until SHE asks for a commitment. As a general rule: talk of marriage, kids, commitments and relationships is HER department.

Marriage 3.0

I also have another idea for a new form of long term commitment. Simply start a savings account in her name. The man pays all the bills and puts a certain percentage (5% or so) into her account so over time that grows. There can be two such accounts, the other in his name only, and they are always the same percentages added (he is already paying her bills). They would split savings (example 15% per month divided between them). If she works, she can put most of that money in her account (minus whatever percentage he was contributing to her account, which she will contribute to his account to be fair). Then at any time, she can take her money and walk, leaving him with the same. No need for a divorce court. Unless he were making a ton of money, women would hate this idea. You see, that would be like a regular job. Women want you to promise future payments even after they quit the job and take another job.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many relationships end because one person wants to restrict future behavior for the other?
It's not love, it's a prison. Not a good place for a DJ. A man's freedom and autonomy, should be well guarded.

"Love does not insist on its own way."

WitnessGR

Don Juan
Reaction score
This only works assuming that both partners have the mental fortitude to actually put money aside each month. In my experience, getting a woman to actually contribute is a chore, women tend to react emotionally and emotionally = impulsive.

I doubt many woman would go for this, with the amount of government legislation protecting them, if it isn't out of necessity, then what's the point for them to do it?

But it does appeal to a man's logical reasoning, (shared responsibility, equal contribution).
To women, however this just seems like a modified prenuptial agreement.

stevo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had similar thoughts.

We create a different form of marriage. Rather than meaning forever, marriage certificate instead go for 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Truth be told, I think a person should be married to someone by their 30s, then someone else by their 50s and someone else for the old road. Life well lived.

Even some soul mates tend to grow apart after 20, 30 years with the same person.