Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Red pill stuck in throat - First post

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Greetings. Been reading here for about a week. I'm 54. Married 20 years, divorced 7. For six of the seven years I could not get laid to save my life. Went on a few dates, nothing ever materialized, scared AF, made all the huge beta mistakes. Then I started listening to audiobooks.

I started with No More Mr Nice Guy, Atomic Attraction, Practical Female Psychology, Models, Then The Rational Male, which directed me here. Going mostly on Robert Glover's advice, I finally begin to act confident, got laid in January and twice since, all with different women.

I know Red Pill philosophy is the truth. My eyes are opening. I'm beginning to spin plates. Some days, I'm all in. This is my new truth, I'm going to live this way from now on, this is way better than the way I used to look at the world. However, forty years of beta behavior and internalized hypergamy don't go away in three months.

Some fellows around here don't seem to like women very much. There seems to be a dark side to this conscious awareness of the truth. I'm concerned that I'll just start using psychological manipulation to get what I think I want, I won't give a fok if I hurt people or leave a wake of pain and disillusionment in my crusade to get more of whatever I want. I don't like the notion that I can never relax, that I can't be myself, that all my interactions with women become a game, and I need to play to win.

Lastly, a lot of the Red Pill philosophy seems to cater to the younger man, where men's SMV is greater than zero and women are either in party phase or getting close to hitting the wall. Can any of you older fellows give some tips on ways you've adapted these principles to yourself as you move past your 40s?

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Greetings. Been reading here for about a week. I'm 54. Married 20 years, divorced 7. For six of the seven years I could not get laid to save my life. Went on a few dates, nothing ever materialized, scared AF, made all the huge beta mistakes. Then I started listening to audiobooks.

I started with No More Mr Nice Guy, Atomic Attraction, Practical Female Psychology, Models, Then The Rational Male, which directed me here. Going mostly on Robert Glover's advice, I finally begin to act confident, got laid in January and twice since, all with different women.
My man, my man. Welcome and you've laid the foundation by reading these fine books. I would also recommend 'The Flow' by Dan Bacon and "3%Men" by Corey Wayne, to name a few. These have helped me out tremendously back in the beginning.

Some fellows around here don't seem to like women very much. There seems to be a dark side to this conscious awareness of the truth. I'm concerned that I'll just start using psychological manipulation to get what I think I want, I won't give a fok if I hurt people or leave a wake of pain and disillusionment in my crusade to get more of whatever I want. I don't like the notion that I can never relax, that I can't be myself, that all my interactions with women become a game, and I need to play to win.
No, the things you are reading about will come naturally to you once you start implementing them into your everyday life. It'll be like driving a car or a bike! The first times you are focused and think about your every move, but the more you do it, the less you think about it.

Also, don't mind the macho talk on this forum. I have a feeling some of the lads here aren't doing all that well with women so they started to resent them for it. Don't worry about turning into this.

Lastly, a lot of the Red Pill philosophy seems to cater to the younger man, where men's SMV is greater than zero and women are either in party phase or getting close to hitting the wall. Can any of you older fellows give some tips on ways you've adapted these principles to yourself as you move past your 40s?
I do not have the feeling younger men have a greater SMV. I really don't

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks all, I’ll keep reading, keep dating. Appreciate the book suggestions!

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can any of you older fellows give some tips on ways you've adapted these principles to yourself as you move past your 40s?
Welcome and glad you are living a happy life you deserve. You've developed a good baseline standard with the books you've already read.

Once you find out true nature of women(most, but there will be exceptions), it allows you to play more fairly. That's the biggest thing I can say. It's up to you if you wanna be a douche or a gentleman about it.

Just not pedestalizing unnecessarily, having HER earn your attention/respect/time, maintaining frame, staying masculine, going by equal reciprocation, going by action over words can help tremendously in navigating the world of women.

Some tips and strategies on this forum work better with certain ages than others but the general overlying messages here could apply to all in some way.

You will go through your own journey like we all have and eventually form your own opinions and discover a lot about yourself and the opposite sex. Take things here as a guideline only and cherry pic golden nuggets that will work in your situation/age/lifestyle. You will eventually evolve and find things that work for you that can stick with you for life.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For starters, I'd say take everything you read with a grain of salt. Put it through your filter and really think if it doesn't collide with your values.
As long as you do this, I guess it's mostly gonna offer you value.
I'm young so I can't really answer your question but usually being myself and being honest with women is what brought me succes (with the women I'm after). And I think that's generally good advice for any age.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some fellows around here don't seem to like women very much.
I quite like women.

Be yourself. But do so unapologetically. Do not try to be 'alpha' or 'beta'. Try to be what feels right for you. If you don't like the results you get, adjust it (within the bounds of your values, of course. Like @andreihaha said). Do not try to be something you're not in the hopes that it will get you what you want. Because even if you get what you want, you will still be living a lie. I guess the flip side of that coin is if you can live with living a lie then go for it.

All models are wrong, some models are less wrong. Some models work well for different scenarios, all people are different.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I know Red Pill philosophy is the truth. My eyes are opening. I'm beginning to spin plates. Some days, I'm all in. This is my new truth, I'm going to live this way from now on, this is way better than the way I used to look at the world. However, forty years of beta behavior and internalized hypergamy don't go away in three months.

Welcome @Sir FB,

It is true there is a "dark" side of Red Pill. However, not by design. It's just humanity's nature to take concepts and make them their own often being radical and narcissistic.

You are on the right path and since you are aware of that "dark side", whenever you read posts here, use the shopping cart method (that's what we do) because there are some folks here that are borderline toxic so you have to learn to pick and choose what to implement (including mindset concepts) in your own life.

The bottom line, no one is perfect and we are all entitled to our opinions. This is a brotherhood and we all care about men's wellness and self-development, that is the foundation of the manosphere community.

Modern Man Advice