"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Recovery efforts?

MichaelangelloB

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
j-ville
In the begining s*** was sweet. I played the cool DJ: indiffernt, suave, and secure in myself. I got me a fine girl, I was actually a little surprised I got her, and everything was cool. Now we been together for a couple months and we're doin the love-birds thing, and we've seemed to switch roles. First she was desperate for my attention, she was the one always calling, I had all the hand in the relationship. Now I'm the one who's always calling and desperate for her attention. Suddenly I'm insecure and I NEED her. I hate it.

How can I get back on top after so much time?

I feel like she could be the one, but I can't stand being the b**ch in the relationship.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

blitzin'

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
45
You know, I used to get that way too, maybe still do on occasion. I found it helped to put a little distance by not caving in and being the one who did all the calling, if she likes you she'll call. wait a little while so that she has to be the one to call. This could be hard to do since it sounds like you are really into this chick. Try to focus on something else that makes you happy for a few days, then she'll start to wonder what's going on, which will make her crazy, and she'll call because she can't get you out of her head. Women tend to go nuts when men do the opposite of what they expect. Then when she's obsessed with why you haven't called she'll want to call all the time, putting you back in control.
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by MichaelangelloB
Now I'm the one who's always calling and desperate for her attention. Suddenly I'm insecure and I NEED her. I hate it.

How can I get back on top after so much time?

I feel like she could be the one, but I can't stand being the b**ch in the relationship.
If you don't want to be the sissy, DON'T BE THE SISSY. How much more simplistic can it be?
 

quest

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
0
for me it was the opposite..
we've been together 5 months now..
and atfirst, while i stuck with "dj" idea's, it was much harder for me to not be jealous or needy, or miss her..
but now its easy to be "dj" with her because i actually half want to break up with her, not really sure..
lately its prob been 75/25 stay with her.. but it changes..
anyway, if u can actually not give a ****, its easier then faking not giving a ****..
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Don't be so available. Find some sh!t to do with yourself so you're NOT always worried about what she's doing and always calling her up pining for her attention.

This isn't about her, it's about YOU. YOU need to get your life back in order.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

DJ Suave

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
true story... it happened 2 me recently. she was all over me then stopped just like that!! i called her, always was available etc... nothing in response really. We broke up afta doing like nothing together for over a month.

The best advice i can give u is to stop trying too hard. call her less and be less available. She has to realize that your time and attention should be treated with respect!!! If she really wants you she will change n respect u but if she doesnt then it is in your best interests to go else where..... harsh but true.
 

que_est_suave

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
yeah don't call her... let the communication go DEAD for a while... she'll be thinking... whoa he hasn't called... things will soon switch back...
 
Top