Recommend me fat burning diets?

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really need examples, like specific examples, I know eating fruit will help, and I also know, from reading the Cutting guide, that low-carb diets are bull****. So what specific food products should I consume to contribute to fat burning (along with exercise of course).. just specific examples of food products, I really don't need a diet schedule, but that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is my diet to give you an idea. Just remember that this was designed for my activity level and body.

Meal 1 - 6:30 AM
Quaker Oats
3 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
or
Optimum Whey Protein Shake with Skim Milk

Meal 2 - 9:00 AM

Meal 3 - 11:30 AM
6 oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water
1 Tbsp Fat Free Mayo
2 slices Low Fat Whole Wheat Bread

Meal 4 - 1:30 PM

Meal 5 - 3:30 PM ( Pre-Workout )
Apple
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Meal 6 - 6:30 PM ( Post Workout )

Meal 6 - 8:00 PM

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast ( 2 )
Green Salad with light dressing

I've been on this for only a week so far and I've dropped 2 pounds already.

Here is the whey protein I use... http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Also, I workout atleast 3-4 times a week with 20-30 min of cardio each day and weight training mixed in.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im a little new to this whole deal, and ive been trying as hard as i can to find a diet thats right for me ( im not overweight, im 5'8.5'' and 145ish lbs, im trying to drop my bbody fat percentage because all my fat goes to my face and i look like a little boy )

and this looks like it might work for me, except i dont really go to the gym alot, nor do i have the money to have a gym membership...

would somethng like this work for me provided i did my best with pushups, crunches, and other calisthenics + cardio every day? or should i really look for an alternative as far as weight training goes, or dieting, or anything for that matter?

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good diet plan will help you lose fat. The whole key to it is taking in the right amount of calories and sticking to it. I recommend visiting www.johnstonefitness.com. Its a really good site for fat loss info.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to preserve lean body tissue (and believe me, you do) while losing fat, then check out Diesel's guide to cutting stickied above.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would follow the diet posted above, but im a little worried about taking in too much protein and not working out enough, is there a risk in that?

and also, dont you ever get tired of having the same food over and over?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a diet, it's not supposed to be fun.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by shagnscoob
i would follow the diet posted above, but im a little worried about taking in too much protein and not working out enough, is there a risk in that?

Just make sure you drink a lot of water so you clean your system out and your good.

Personally, I dont get tired of eating the same food because I focus on the results. I'd rather have a six pack and be oogled by the ladies than eat a double bacon cheeseburger.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this is my diet schedule, I don't know if its effective or not though... I'm just going to eat normal food, no need for them supplements and stuff.

Meal One... breakfast
Cereal
Or
Sandwich (tomato, lettice and hsaved ham NO butter)
Or
Oatmeal

Accompanied by fruit or a whole tomato

Meal two... snack
Maybe a tomato or fruit

Meal three... lunch
Sandwich (like breakfast)
Or
Chinese noodles (not instant... but thenm rice noodles, or them egg noodles)
Or
Oatmeal

Meal 4... snack
See meal 2... a fruit or maybe a glass of fresh juice

Meal 5... dinner
Usually its rice, there's meat and vegetables involved (a typical chinese meal)... this is the meal where I will eat meat.

Meal 6... last snack
Just a fruit, maybe some Soy crackers or something I guess.

Each meal will be accompanied with H2O of course.

I intend to work out about 4 times a week, this includes the extra activities that I will be participating. monday nights should be Hip hop dance classes, Tuesday nights is kickboxing (Thai) which goes for 1.5hr, there is also a possibility for me to attend boxing classes on thursday nights and saturday afternoons, since you are free to go to whatever lessons you want in the dojo. Basically just doing push ups and sit ups at home.

I'm 73kg at the moment, I intend to just go down to 60 or maybe 57kgs. So I don't know how long that will take.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paintballguy
Just make sure you drink a lot of water so you clean your system out and your good.

Personally, I dont get tired of eating the same food because I focus on the results. I'd rather have a six pack and be oogled by the ladies than eat a double bacon cheeseburger.
well, its useful to have lots of protein even if your not going to be going to the gym and lifting big right? ill be at home doing what i can with my workout equipment (the floor lol) but itll still help right?

also, how are your protein shakes made?

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The high amounts of protein help stop or slow down muscle loss while dieting. Your still going to lose muscle if you are on a fat loss diet, the protein just helps delay it. So to answer your question, yes it does help.

I just pour a glass of skim milk almost to the top of a regular glass and mix in a scoop of the whey protein powder.

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could order Anthony Ellis's program located at skinnyguy.net . Don't let the name scare you, he has a great Fatloss plan on it.

By the way, I am not affiliated with him and I have ordered his products before.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm well i dunno what i could mention that others have already. but i have a friend who's family is on the fat side. I notice all they ever drink at home is soda and more SODA!!, plus their diet is either duck (fattening) or pork also fattening. plus they barely eat vegetables.

just try to lay off stuff like that. Eat more vegetables and fruit daily, and drink lots of water, and milk too, fish helps too and isnt fattening at all...well all of this stuff is included in my diet too as im more on the healthy/fit type

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I'd go 'South Beach' or 'Mediterranean.'

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think im going to be doing the diet above, except not as much protein because i dont have the protein to make the shakes out of. instead ill have a 20g protein Clif Builder Bar once a day...

im a little worried that at 16 years old, 145ish lbs, and 5'8.5'' im going to freakin starve myself to death... if im losing weight, how much lighter can i get before its like 'whoa dude... settle down'

im thinking if i clean my body up a little on this diet, i can do a clean bulk afterwards, after careful planning of the diet and gym schedule and whatnot, but im definately worried about ****ing myself over and losing way too much weight and not keeping enough muscle because of this diet...

despite the huge protein intake, and the fact that i DO have fat to lose, just not very much at all, do i have a good reason to be concerned?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paintballguy, very encouraging! I'm in the works of developing a diet similar to yours. Got me a tub of Whey, and I'm cutting out the starchy crap I take for lunch everyday (pasta) with tuna.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to make Whey shakes, so I've just been mixing it with water. This has increased my water intake as well. I'm using this to replace the crappy snacks I eat at work (potato chips). I'm still hungry, but I know the results will be worth it.

I have to work around supper since the wife makes it 90% of the time (she loves her pasta). I've been doing more of the cooking lately. I love to barbeque, and we've got a bunch of skinless chicken breasts. Barbequeing also helps reduce the amount of fat in the meat.

I agree that dieting isn't supposed to be fun, neither is it supposed to be tasty. If you can develope immunity to things that don't taste fantastic, you'll do fine. For example, Whey mixed with water tastes like coffee mate mixed with water. I won't even go into tuna without white bread and mayo.