Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Recomendations...

Bile

Don Juan
Reaction score
just wanting to share something that I found out today...

Never offer to make reccomendations!!!

I was In school today, and my music was playing on my computer in my basegroup room(I'm going to a private school)
then one of my roomates walked in the room.she's a nice looking, tall, and attractive female. and as the music was on, she suddenly began
to sing along to the music.
I decided to make a joke about it, and said:
"man, I must have had this song on too long. cuz everybody in this room seems knows the words."
she replied quickly, smiling, saying that she also have downloaded this song on her computer, and she thought it was really good, and that
she first had heard it on some movie.
I got curious, and therefore asked:
"oh, so you also have seen 50 first dates?"
"no, i have seen(honestly, I must have been to overwhelmed, or something, cuz I don't ****ing remenmber what movie she named)...."
"that's interesting", I said, "it's interesting that it's on two diferent movies".
"yeah, really..."she said and smiled again....

so what can you learn from this then???
well, nothin really, I just gave you an example of how to handle the situation correct, cuz this was the situation I have had a
****load of problems with.
there's to easy to spontaneously just ask her if she want's you to give her some other tips on good songs, or whatever
things you are talking about.
I think it has to do with giving yourself away to easy, that are the thing that's scaring the **** out of the chicks, and send them running for the hills.
however, offering to make some kind of reccomendation, no matter how little work it seems like to you, is like signing your own death sentence as a DJ.

Hanz

Don Juan
Reaction score
You start off fairly strong and then kinda bomb. I mean you dug your own grave here; you kept things predictable towards the end and didn't mix it up a bit. You said it yourself; you got overwhelmed.

Now seriously you can either man up and grow some balls in this situation, or instead of getting overwhelmed you can use a neg hit to calm yourself down.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree with this more. You may have fvcked it up, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Recommending things is AFC now? I ALWAYS recommend things to girls, especially music, but also movies, TV shows, whatever. I think recommendations really help you out in two ways:

1. Build rapport. For example:

Her: Yeah, I really like [band].
You: Oh, you do? Then have you ever heard of [similar band].
Her: Nope!
You: Wow, you're really missing out! You would love them!

So by connecting something she likes to something you like, you're demonstrating a common interest. Plus, if she follows up on your recommendation, she'll always associate you with the thing you recommended. Girls will always come up to me and say "Hey! I was listening to [band I told them about] the other day and I thought of you!" I don't know about you guys, but I consider that a good thing.

2. It gives you a reason to see her again. Obvious. Next time you see her, "Hey, so when are we going to watch [movie you told her about] together?" If you can't see why this is money, you may be braindead.

Keep in mind, this will only work if the things you recommend to her a.) Don't suck, and b.) Are somewhat similar to something you know she likes. So don't try this unless you know what you're talking about. Try something like this:

Her: I'm a huge Radiohead fan!
You: Really? You should listen to my Linkin Park CD sometime!

...and you may end up getting kicked in the balls.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the point of this thread?

you had a conversation with a friend. good job, fella. you neither messed up nor played it smooth, it was just a conversation that she won't remember tomorrow.

Bile

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, I just wanted some tips...

I couldn't disagree with this more. You may have fvcked it up, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Recommending things is AFC now? I ALWAYS recommend things to girls, especially music, but also movies, TV shows, whatever. I think recommendations really help you out in two ways:
well... somehow it never seems to work for me...

Hanz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this is your thing, you didn't do what he said. You kept predictable. While if you look at his example, he still lead the convo and kept it going (suggesting another band). Now he could have made the same mistake later, but I think he knows not to do that.

Here is a suggestion, when she says she hasn't seen something, you tell her if she should or should not. You then go on, play the game, point out actresses, etc. Just don't let the convo end, until you want it to end; with an ending.