Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Receeding hairline

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I'm definatley starting to receed. It's not effecting me too much at the moment but mentally I'm a bit worried. I don't want HAVE to shave my head because i'm receeding! I know it's a fact of life and a sign of high testosterone, but as far as i'm concerned it's a genetic fault, a malfunction in my DNA somewhere. I've got enough hair everywhere else so i dont see why it should be falling off my head.

So what i want to know is (if anyone can help) WHY is it happening? and Is there something that can be done?

cheers

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a receeding hairline quite young, however it never seemed to change after the initial phase, so you might be lucky too.

I'm forty now and I've noticed it thinning again at the front but still not bad.

Whatever happens your going to have to live with it, if you let it get to you it just compounds the problem.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogaine is great. it will stall the process.

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone know the science behind the whole receeding thing? I'm naturally curious and want to know why it's happening as well as find out if it can be stopped.

Maybe a DNA alteration in my spectral lazer machine will help.

showtime17

Don Juan
Reaction score
does rogaine help in the front of the head as well? i heard it only works only on the crown of the head and doesnt do much for the front, but i dont really know... so anyone know something more?

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, its great for the receeding "horse-shoe" shape at the front.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, its great for the receeding "horse-shoe" shape at the front.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
I have a co-worker who's pretty ripped. One day he told me I should take steroids cause he'd give them to me for free. He's got the hook ups from the Phillipines. Said he used to take them and they worked great with absolutely NO side-effects.

Me "No side effect at all? Bullshiet"
Him "No. Really, nothing happened."
Me "Nothing at all?"
Him "Nope. I got more ripped but none of that ball shriking roid rage or stupid stuff you hear about happened"
Me "So you're saying you'd give them to me for free and that there are absolutely no negative side effects whatsoever?"
Him "That's right"
Me "If you got more ripped and there are NO negative side effects, why did you stop taking them??"
Him "Because it made me lose my hair. But that's it. No other side effects. You should take em."
Me "Fvck that! I don't want to lose my hair!'
Him "Dude, don't be a pvssy. It's just hair."
Me "Whatever dude. No thanks."

lmao, haha!

I always wondered why he was almost completely bald at such a young age. I finally found out!

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ thats funny.

So this rogaine stuff is just gonna stop anything else from falling out you say? Not make stuff grow back?

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll want to pick up some 5% Minoxidil to stall the process. Don't get Rogaine...get generic (it's the exact same). And, get 5% , not 2%. This will stall, but not halt the process. I have been using it for almost 2 years now. I still lose hair, but I think it's helping slow down the process. It does work in the front...the only reason they say it might not is because they did not do enough extensive testing on that region, but it works the same everywhere. I think almost every guy recedes to some extent, but it doesn't mean you're going bald. I freaked out at first, but now two years later I'm not worried about going bald and my hair still looks fine.

If you have money, try some of the products from www.minoxidil.com. They are known to work well. Nothing is going to stop your hair from falling out, but you will be able to slow it down. Whatever is in your genes is eventually going to happen, in all likelihood.

AlwaysLearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
www.hairlosstalk.com is a great site

To effectively stop hair loss and even grow some back, you're goign to need to take action. The absolute essentials are to take a DHT inhibitor (Propecia is the best for this) and Rogaine. There are some other measures you can take such as shampoos, all of which are covered at www.hairlosstalk.com.

Taking these measures will cost you about $100 a month. So if you can afford it, and want to keep from losing any more hair and even grow some back, it could be a good investment.

Also there are coverups that are completely undetectable to the human eye, such as Toppik. Check it out.

Hope this helps.

-AL

Travbedaman

Reaction score
If you are just starting to recently receed then do something about it right now. As the previous post reported that website is good, but I think www.hairlosssucks.com is way better, spend some time there if you like.

I`ve researched for months before I got on any treatments and I now know, hair loss is generally caused by DHT attacking the hair follicles, some people are prone to it some are not, (you could take a gallons worth of steroids per day and not lose hair, if that was your genetic makeup) if you want to stop it, or at least really slow it down, it needs to be handled on multiple levels.

Most importantly is to block DHT so it can`t bind to the receptor, hands down the best thing for this is topical Spironolactone, I get my generic version from www.Customnutritionwarehouse.com

Second would be Proscar (Finasteride) You can get a oral version for umm research purposes for cheap at www.universalkits.com (it`s called liquid Pro) It`s a great DHT blocker and a good regrowth product, but keep the dose limited to 1mg per day to limit negative side effects.

I also recommend using Nizoral 2% shampoo every day, to make the product last longer use it around the frontal hair line only. (because that`s where your problem is) Make sure it`s the 2% because that has the DHT blocking properties...1% does not (do a search and you can get this online at many websites)

Finally get 5% Minoxidil from anywhere, Walmart, Target, Burger King (just kidding) it`s cheap and while I don`t think it really does crap by itself, I think it`s great addition to complete the combo.

Now a lot of people may think that`s overkill for most, but screw it, honstly if you want your hair back or at least want to stop losing more then just get all four items and use them...
not only it`s this combo effective, it`s very inexpensive if you are really just needing to stop frontal hair loss, I figure the way i use these products I`m only spending maybe $25-30 per month
and that is a small amount of money to at least halt if not totally reverse your hairloss.

I only had some slight temple recedage (after a few cycles of roids and notcing more receeding) I`ve been on all this stuff for six months and not only has it all grown back, but I have hairs pop up in spots on my forehead that it never even grew before, lol.

Good luck friend.

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ thats some great info man, cheers!

now all ive got to decide is can i really be bothered to go through all that to stall something which is going to happen anyway.

Travbedaman

Reaction score
Yeah I hear you, it`s all just depends on how much it bothers you, some people have a gret bald head and can just say screw it and shave it off, I don`t have a good bald head, so I refuse to lose.

Hopefully in a few years they will have a effective pill or whatever that can reverse hair loss and is pretty much a cure. I beleive within 5 or 10 years it will happen. (Well, they actually do have something now that can totally regrow your hair, but it also totally destroys your immune system, so even a common cold would kill you).

I keep it simple, other than using the shampoo after I shower in the morning, I take everything else generally only at night, so it`s not like I have to go out in public with a greasy shiny head.

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chalk,

I noticed my receding hairline starting in my mid twenties. I tried Rogaine for a few weeks but just got fed up with the twice a day applications (which you have to keep up for life, mind you if you want to keep any new hair).

After that, I tried getting a military cut, and received alot of compliments. That might be a nice compromise between completely shaving your head versus trying to manage with a hairstyle for men with a full head of hair.

Nowadays, I just use a clipper every few days, and this is what I'll stick with. A few years back, a shaved head was wildly popular. Now, it seems like spiky hair is 'in.' But even now, a shaved head or very close cut with a receding hairline is fashionable (check out The Rock on the Walking Tall promotional poster). Take a negative and use it to your advantage.

What do you have to lose? Shave your head and if you don't like it your hair grows back. If you like it, you shave every few days to maintain your new bad ass look.

fillme

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have hair receding in the front. I have a big forehead and it started when I was about 21-22.

I wanted to use rogaine but they told me: once you use it, you have to use it forever .

That is, rogaine is used for 2 things: (1) stop hair loss (2) regrow hair. And if you stop using it after one bottle, it will stop in the hair loss process and regrowth.

What did you guys experience?

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
All lookin a bit expensive!

Travbedaman. I've had a think and a read and decided i'll have a go at a few of these things. The only problem i'm seeing is PRICE! You rekon about £30 a month? Just for the combination of things your suggesting it's at least $100!! i couldn't find the proscar on universalkits.com, the place hasn't got a search, and everywhere i search for 5% minoxidil it's part of 'regain' or 'rogain' which is $60 by itself.

I'll have another browse but do think just nizoral on its own is enough? i've definatley got a bit of an itchy scalp which is a good enough reason on its own to get some of this stuff.