Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Receeding hairline

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...i know theres a thread about this already, but i couldnt find it. Anyways, my hairline has receeded significantly in the past 3 years. Its receeding Bruce Willis/Conan Obryan style and its just not working for me. Both my mom and my dad don't have receeded hairlines but for some reason I have it? Myabe I "skipped a generation"?...I know that stress and smoking are factors as to why this happens and everyone has stress once in a while, but I also do smoke =/. How do I stop this? Is there a way to grow back hair on the receeded parts besides stuff they advertise on TV?

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stress causes overall thinning, not a receding hairline. That's male pattern baldness. You can get on propecia, maybe use rogaine but keep in mind that both have side effects. You can also go to the hairlosshelp.com forum.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some dude on here that fish oil make some of his hair grow back. Try 3-9 grams of o3's. Thats 10-30 pills usually.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
Some dude on here that fish oil make some of his hair grow back. Try 3-9 grams of o3's. Thats 10-30 pills usually.

I've started taking a fish oil supplement and I've noticed that my hair is thicker than its ever been. It won't hurt to give it a try.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
I've started taking a fish oil supplement and I've noticed that my hair is thicker than its ever been. It won't hurt to give it a try.
thanks for the advice guys. Yea, ill give fish oil a try. Any particular brand you guys use and where its found? Btw, how long were you taking fish oil til you started noticing the effects? And lastly, is there anyway hair can grow back on places where its gone w/o having to go through expensive hairloss doctors?

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
No.

No one will ever "grow their hair back" with fish oil, or any over the counter supplements. Male pattern baldness has specific causes, and you can't fight those causes with fish oil. If he was able to grow it all back with fish oil, he didn't have typical MPB. You either need a growth stimulant like rogaine, or something to fight the DHT like propecia, avodart, nizoral, etc.

It's best to not delude yourself when it comes to treating MPB. Once an area of your hair goes from thin to nonexistent, you'll likely never see it again. Particularly the temples, which is something that obviously concerns men with receding hairlines.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my hairline is not receding....but im noticing thinning all over, especially the crown...ive been super hard on my hair, with gels prodcuts...highlights...hats..stresss.. im going to try to eliminate all of these factors, im gonna look into procerin too, it seems like my best bet...no crazy side effects like propecia or rogaine....www.procerin.com

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people think procerin is a scam. I wouldn't rely solely on that.

Also, if you have MPB, gels and hats aren't doing jack shyt.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now, Saw Palmetto seems to be the only thing that blocks DHT from binding to hair cell receptor sites.

I would suggest any product that has Saw Palmetto exctract to help deal with the DHT.

I also think that some hair health will be improved by taking in plenty of B Complex Vitamins.
Good luck, I hope it helps a little.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rebound Material said:
thanks for the advice guys. Yea, ill give fish oil a try. Any particular brand you guys use and where its found? Btw, how long were you taking fish oil til you started noticing the effects? And lastly, is there anyway hair can grow back on places where its gone w/o having to go through expensive hairloss doctors?

I take a liquid fish oil called "The Very Finest Fish Oil" by a company called Carlson and I purchase it at a local nutrition shop. It's imported from Norway. I take a tablespoon in the morning and one in the evening. I've been taking it for about 5 months now and plan on taking it for the forseeable future.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Right now, Saw Palmetto seems to be the only thing that blocks DHT from binding to hair cell receptor sites.

I would suggest any product that has Saw Palmetto exctract to help deal with the DHT.

I also think that some hair health will be improved by taking in plenty of B Complex Vitamins.
Good luck, I hope it helps a little.
er, Saw Palmetto isn't the only thing you can use to fight DHT. Some people take it orally as a 'natural' alternative to propecia to avoid side effects, but it's never as effective, and some people still experience the same side effects. You can use it topically, but there are other things that have been found to be at least as effective as Saw Palmetto topically.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, MB, So what other substance besides Saw Palmetto blocks DHT?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, DHT is the prime culprit of hair loss.

Although it is genetically predetermined if DHT will cause hair loss for you. Either way even for guys with no genetic determination for hair loss, excess DHT will cause hair thinning. It is always good to take precaution to minimze DHT.

Especially in bodybuilding where your goal is to remain in an anabolic state with High T levels, you are at risk of DHT abundance.

Here are a few natural DHT blockers. I do not like Propecia as that is known to have catabolic properties.

http://www.add-hair.com/dht-blockers.htm

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Cool, MB, So what other substance besides Saw Palmetto blocks DHT?
Orally, propecia and avodart. Spiro is another one, but it's pretty strong and there's a greater chance of side effects. Topically, shampoos with Ketoconazole in them have been proven to help fight hair loss. The only over-the-counter one is Nizoral, but another is Revita which has other ingredients in it and leaves your hair feeling a million times nicer than Nizoral. You can also get prescription 2% keto shampoo online from "Dr. Lee". Something else that's been shown to help is topical zinc with b6. Studies have shown that its effectiveness can be similar to minoxidil. You'll never see any thorough studies into it or companies pumping money into it because there is no money in it because it's not patentable, but many people who use it claim it helps. You can google 'Zix hair' to find out how to make it yourself. It's also super cheap. Add some ethyl alcohol for better absorption and polysorbate80 to help liquefy the solution (good if you use it in a spray bottle so it doesn't clog). Beyond its effectiveness, Zix is great because it's really cheap and has zero side effects.

I have a bit of a receding hairline which I noticed about two and a half years ago, and have been using Zix and keto shampoo for a number of months. I think it's helping, but it takes months if not a year or more to really tell if a treatment is working for MPB.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
spesmilitis said:

That was me brother. I shave my head every other day and since I've been taking my 15 grams of fish oil ALL of the hair on my body has become thicker and more productive.

My bald spot on the top of my dome has completely regrown. I still have a slight receding hairline which becomes more apparent if I don't shave for a couple of days.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But wait, arent all those just derivatives of Saw Palmetto anyway?