Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Rebound, the problem with you is that you're too fcuking picky!"

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...so I was told this by my friends(including my best friend since high school), co-workers, and some family members. I didn't give it much thought until now and realized that maybe they were right. I was at my best friends house the other day and we took a trip to memory lane back in our high school days till now. He has a GF now(his first one) and lost his v-card to some slvt prior to her. I kept telling him that things have not gone right with my love life ever since we were in HS. Thats when he firmly told me, "NO. Its cuz your picky as hell!". He then pointed out that I based my love life with 5 girls during the last 6-7 years, all of which didnt go right. He then listed all the girls that liked me or offered me sex the past 7 years that I turned down and he counted 24. He then proceeded by telling me that maybe ive been taking things for granted and that im looking for something thats just way too perfect...I always figured that I set my standards too high(looks wise). 4/5 of the girls that I had insane oneitis for were considered VERY attractive to most people. My question is, should I drop my standards? go for less than I BELIEVE I deserve?

carissy

Reaction score
Rebound Material said:
...so I was told this by my friends(including my best friend since high school), co-workers, and some family members. I didn't give it much thought until now and realized that maybe they were right. I was at my best friends house the other day and we took a trip to memory lane back in our high school days till now. He has a GF now(his first one) and lost his v-card to some slvt prior to her. I kept telling him that things have not gone right with my love life ever since we were in HS. Thats when he firmly told me, "NO. Its cuz your picky as hell!". He then pointed out that I based my love life with 5 girls during the last 6-7 years, all of which didnt go right. He then listed all the girls that liked me or offered me sex the past 7 years that I turned down and he counted 24. He then proceeded by telling me that maybe ive been taking things for granted and that im looking for something thats just way too perfect...I always figured that I set my standards too high(looks wise). 4/5 of the girls that I had insane oneitis for were considered VERY attractive to most people. My question is, should I drop my standards? go for less than I BELIEVE I deserve?
You could be taking thing's for granted. Perhaps you are trying to hard. Sometimes you find someone when you least expect it. I dunno.. just a guess.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I actually look for more than just appearance in a girl. Of course looks are (very) important, but if she's really cool and we clicked well, she'd have to be butt-ugly for me not to be into her.

For example, I have a very old-school taste in music, and love the blues. It's very rare to meet women with the same taste...when I find them, it's on.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be taking things for granted for sure and its important to honestly question yourself about that but also you can't take people's opinions even family and friends too close to heart when it comes to self improvement as they may be trying to subconsciously or consciously drag you down to their level like crabs in a barrel.

Its like they may see you as being so fortunate ie lucky that so many hot chicks want you but you being a DJ its not luck, its applied knowledge and as a result you've earned every last one of those girl's attraction in some way by what you've done. You've been the prize and its the other way around in reality.

In reality any girl is lucky to have you or get a chance with you.

Your family and friends however may see how your life has unfolded as being arrogant or perhaps they secretly wish their life had been as good so they try to drag you down to their level of low standards, scratching and scraping and groveling for a moments intimacy from a girl or something like that to feel better about their own life.

So I say just honestly self reflect and see if their criticism has any true merit and if so work on giving more girls a chance with you but if not keep your standards high.

Just make sure the advice that has been given you by friends and family is from a good place from them and not one of embarassment at their own inadequacy or from how they are still trapped in the Matrix and think your DJ life style is somehow arrogant, immoral and wrong and in need of a change for the better ie AFC life style to them.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effington said:
I don't know about you, but I actually look for more than just appearance in a girl. Of course looks are (very) important, but if she's really cool and we clicked well, she'd have to be butt-ugly for me not to be into her.

For example, I have a very old-school taste in music, and love the blues. It's very rare to meet women with the same taste...when I find them, it's on.
true. I guess you can say its shallow of me right? Thing is its hard to find chicks that you described: one that looks decent(6-7) that has a 8-9 personality. That, or its just my pickiness speaking again. Nice input btw Kontroller.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Its like they may see you as being so fortunate ie lucky that so many hot chicks want you but you being a DJ its not luck, its applied knowledge and as a result you've earned every last one of those girl's attraction in some way by what you've done. You've been the prize and its the other way around in reality.
Yea, it certainly seems that way. Now that I think about it, alot of those 24 chicks were hot as hell or simply decent but I was so focused on my oneitis to even care.

Regarding work, there were 3-4(I question one) co-workers that really seemed interested and my other co-workers would notice her/us flirt. And when I didn't go through with it, my older co-workers would accuse me of being gay in front of everyone....It pisses me off.