Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reasons why Hypergamy is completely overblown

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypergamy amongst women may be somewhat overblown but not completely. It's
to been part of human culture too long and to be dismissive of it would be foolish as a strategy in developing your game.
Agreed.

1- Valid yet speculative.
Very few men do approaches, even at bars/clubs. There isn't any speculation in his point. I'm out frequently and no one approaches, and those who do are extremely drunk and have... issues.

2- Purely speculative unless you search out men's profiles on OLD, which I doubt.
One thousand percent wrong on your end. It's apparent that you've never taken a look at a woman's Tinder, which is an indicator that you don't interact with many women. Dudes definitely lose their **** at the idea of taking better photos and paying a few dollars to get massive leverage on the major dating apps. In fact, that advice has been field tested and proven time and time again. This is not up for discussion; you're flat out wrong.

3- More speculation with hypothetical situations that don't always exist.
Again, this isn't speculation. This occurs frequently; a woman's friends are going to hold her back the most. Not even sure why you think this is speculation, but again it;'s clear you don't get out much.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah look, a waste of a post with a waste of a reply - do tell us more.
Look at his post history and set him on Ignore like I did; his game is whack and his posts are a waste of time to read. He's leveled himself. Dude has more posts in two years than I did in 15, and I was out every weekend posting field reports and lay reports back then.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree Hypergamy is over dramatised by men as is the amount of sexual options average working women realistically have

But it would be foolish too completely ignore it

Iv'e seen first hand what women are capable of when actively looking to "trade up" and its usually girls who have been in stale relationships / marriages too long

There are a lot of emotional ,psychological and physical steps she must go through to get there but it does happen

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In conclusion, Hypergamy is more complex than a girl just running in to Prince Charming Chad at Publix and living happily ever after.
Who said it was easy?

Who said all women get the results they hope for?

Who thinks women are driven by reason instead of emotion?

Rich guys dont date down? Does that mean millionairs only date millionairs? You know, suggesting that would be beyond ridiculous.

I agree Hypergamy is over dramatised by men as is the amount of sexual options average working women realistically have

Iv'e seen first hand what women are capable of when actively looking to "trade up" and its usually girls who have been in stale relationships / marriages too long

There are a lot of emotional ,psychological and physical steps she must go through to get there but it does happen
Care to elaborate on the sexual options of women?
Have you ever checked what happens when a woman puts out a semi-sexy picture on her IG/Facebook/whatever?
Amongst 200+ likes of that pic will be 50 orbiters waiting for their chance to get into her pvssy.
Even a hidious landwhale can draw from a solid stock of orbiters to fvck her.

"Stale relationships"...... that is quite a relative term, but yes..... in perspective to being pumped by chad, good old reliable hubby she has 2 kids with might taste stale.

Emotional, psychological and physical steps........ thats what she has her slutty friends for that tell her she deserves more.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your rules for successful profile pics?
They’re not **my** rules per se. There are abundant resources on this topic. But the general idea is to take well-lit photos that show your face and body, and you doing interesting things.

iPhone cameras have become quite robust lately, but ideally you’ll want a mirror less camera or DSLR if you’re on a budget.

The last thing you want on your profile are dark, out of focus photos, bathroom selfies, any selfies in general, photos of things that are not you (I.e. your car/truck without you in/on it), shirtless photos in situations where it’s weird to be shirtless, etc.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever checked what happens when a woman puts out a semi-sexy picture on her IG/Facebook/whatever?
Amongst 200+ likes of that pic will be 50 orbiters waiting for their chance to get into her pvssy.

"Stale relationships"...... that is quite a relative term, but yes..... in perspective to being pumped by chad, good old reliable hubby she has 2 kids with might taste stale.

Emotional, psychological and physical steps........ thats what she has her slutty friends for that tell her she deserves more.
If you put up a FB post/IG post and you got 200+ likes from land whales and ugly women, would you really be inclined to fvck one of them? This is the equivalent of what you are talking about for women. Chad is either in a relationship or hoe phase and doesn’t have the time to be stalking girls DMs.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
… Tina got a big ole butt
I know I told you I'd be true
But Tina got a big ole butt
So I'm leavin' you

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea the problem is have you seen the men whom are those orbiters ? , they are basement dwellers of outright creeps

the kind who will comment

" omg sexy beautiful princess " under any woman with a pair of t1ts on Facebook

This attention is worthless to women , in fact I would go as far as saying it actively repulses them

It pumps the like count and follower count up but that ain't necessarily translating into anything

value men aren't dull they don't fall into the trap so easily. that is who the females want

Not some clown who is dishing his attention out like water

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The difference is that most men bottom feed from time to time, and she only needs the Mr avg smv6 guy to boink her once - there will be another one available next week. And if she’s a 4/5 she doesn’t particularly care what penis ends up in her as long as it’s higher value than she is.

Men (most) are much more indiscriminate than women are.

If you put up a FB post/IG post and you got 200+ likes from land whales and ugly women, would you really be inclined to fvck one of them? This is the equivalent of what you are talking about for women. Chad is either in a relationship or hoe phase and doesn’t have the time to be stalking girls DMs.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think hypergamy is more of an issue with women that have zero standards in men. I know a few women like this who i am friends with. I listen to their post divorce dating woes more for my own entertainment. These women constantly sort through piles of low value men and losers. If i showed them a flicker of interest they'd walk over hot coals for me... they are doing the opposite of hypergamy.. maybe it should be called hypogamy.. going for downgrades because they either have to or don't have good taste.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference is that most men bottom feed from time to time, and she only needs the Mr avg smv6 guy to boink her once - there will be another one available next week. And if she’s a 4/5 she doesn’t particularly care what penis ends up in her as long as it’s higher value than she is.

Men (most) are much more indiscriminate than women are.
You beat me to it. It does seem like this is going on.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good post. I have mixed feelings about hypergamy. I think it's real. I'll offer some comments on the original post.

1). Most of the guys approaching women aren’t high value- Chad isn’t over here spitting game on women at Publix, it is Fareed the T-mobile salesman, Abuja the bling bling Nigerian, Darius the “Successful Entrepreneur” yet lives in the hood with a 400 credit score, and Skippy the weird white guy. Sorry, but I have never seen a Chad outside approaching women. Even the PUA channel guys like Playing with Fire and FitxFearless, I am not scared of one bit lol. Bottomline, she is not going to just run in to some Chad during a Publix grocery store run. If she wants to suddenly start meeting high value men then she is going to have to make some huge adjustments to her lifestyle to get that point.
The premise of this is a bit silly because it is focused on non-bar approaching. Non-bar approaching has always been a bit of a niche activity. Few men have the guts to start interactions in non-bar venues, and that's true for Chads, Normies, and Sub 5's.

The typical Chad has enough abundance from nightlife venues, DMs on Instagram, and swipe apps that he typically won't need to do non- bar approaching. I'll agree that most men approaching women aren't high value. However, in nightlife, there are enough high value men approaching women.

The typical non-bar approacher is in the Normie range. Fareed the T-Mobile salesman, Abuja the bling bling Nigerian, and Skippy the weird White guy are all some variation of Normie or Sub 5.

Normies tend to do non-bar approaching mainly because they don't feel that they are competing well with the top tier men in nightlife venues or the tech-based methods.

2). The apps are full of idiots with no game- If you learn how the apps work then it is easy because most guys are too lazy and selfish to become successful on there. For example, tell a guy he has to have a decent set of pictures/pay 5 dollars for a premium service and he will lose his shvt. Furthermore, most guys put minimum effort in to their profile & conversations and act like weirdos on the dates they manager to get. Your app competition should be the least of your concern.
This is true but a woman has abundance. A woman can easily have 310 men who right swipe on her in a week and end up in her swipe queue. If 300 men are Average Frustrated Chumps/betas and 10 men are top tier/Chad, that's abundance for her. She's not going to have 10 top tier men approach her between non-bar venues and nightlife venues in a week. It's worth it to her to weed through the chumps to get to the top tier men.

Female abundance on the apps is a great female privilege.

5). The risk and work it takes to cheat- Okay, so let’s say your girl/wife does meet Mr. Chad and he has shot his shot at her. Assuming she’s in a decent relationship and she wants to act on opportunity alone; here are the hurdles she will have to face.

A). Is this guy actually single- Is he married? Is he a play boy? Why risk losing an already good setup at home to be dumped in the streets later?

B). The Social Repercussions and Reputational Damage- If Amy has been dating Brad and he is popular in the group and suddenly Brad has been dumped for Chad because of his looks, Amy’s friend group is going to give her push back. Especially if Chad is incompatible with Amy in the long run and her friends. Integrating a sudden Chad in her social circle and family isn’t as simple as 123.

C). The Talking and Dumping Phase- Now Amy has an additional task of vetting Chad for a relationship while maintaining her own relationship/social life and having to end things with Brad.

D). The high risk of the new relationship not panning out- More than likely, this relationship will fail and she will be humiliated and left in the dust without any poker chips left to spare. Does she really want to risk this scenario?

D). Why not just have a one night stand with Chad and let it be?- There is always a risk of getting caught, emotional consequences,STDs & STIs, Pregnancy, Chad being a psychopath, and Chad catching feelings.
This is interesting. A lot of this depends on her beta boyfriend. If she met her beta boyfriend through social circle, she's less inclined to deal with the hurdles. If she met her beta boyfriend through a tech-based method or an in-person method, she is likely more willing to go through the hurdles. Additionally, you do not account for how long she's been with her current beta and how much attraction she has lost for him due to the passage of time and men's typical increase in beta behaviors/loss of initial frame as time goes on.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those kinds of responses are exactly why I’ve migrated to forums where the dudes are required to post photos of themselves and discuss things like normal people.

I’ve yet to meet anyone that is normal from this site, and I’ve been here for a decade plus.

If you don’t see the value in OPs post, that’s a good thing for those who do.

Just ignored those two clowns to make my life easier since they don’t offer much reading value.
Hmm you seem to be getting into fights on a daily basis.

At some point you need to look in the mirror and be honest if its not YOU that's the real problem.

You seem like the type that has a big mouth untill men start rolling up their sleeves: that's when you suddenly know how to reason and be apologetic.

Just chill TFO, have decent discussions where there space for improvement, to listen and learn and even suggest somewhat out the box ideas. Hostility is whats killing these forums.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at his post history and set him on Ignore like I did; his game is whack and his posts are a waste of time to read. He's leveled himself. Dude has more posts in two years than I did in 15, and I was out every weekend posting field reports and lay reports back then.
You're probably getting more efficient use of your time by ignore/block of people who waste it.

I remember a particularly slow student back in college days. On one open ended homework problem, I had several solutions. This slow student came up with yet another solution - one I hadn't considered. It seems like even if I didn't expect him to do well as a student, he still had something to contribute. So maybe situations like that influence me to avoid blocking... but the more noise I see and less signal, the more tempting it becomes.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do so many of you invest so much in trying to MOG each other? Seriously, it’s all in yer head.
Just chill TFO, have decent discussions where there space for improvement, to listen and learn and even suggest somewhat out the box ideas. Hostility is whats killing these forums.
Disagreement is vital to understanding. If everyone accepts whatever is said, we become a group of female friends. The trick is keeping it focused on exchange of information. I think it goes wrong when the attacks become personal, and there's no consequences for it. Maybe moderators need a brief ban they use more often for personal attacks - I rarely see those stopped, currently.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see the MOG'ing and hostility at its worst in personal attacks, not so much with different views.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagreement is vital to understanding. If everyone accepts whatever is said, we become a group of female friends. The trick is keeping it focused on exchange of information. I think it goes wrong when the attacks become personal, and there's no consequences for it. Maybe moderators need a brief ban they use more often for personal attacks - I rarely see those stopped, currently.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see the MOG'ing and hostility at its worst in personal attacks, not so much with different views.
Mods talked to me about it; I’ll admit that I shouldn’t have done that and presented the info more respectfully. Just very frustrated because I’ve seen what excessive PUA content does to people as far as their personality and vibe.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mods talked to me about it; I’ll admit that I shouldn’t have done that and presented the info more respectfully. Just very frustrated because I’ve seen what excessive PUA content does to people as far as their personality and vibe.
It takes a big man to admit his mistakes. So with this post you definitely gain some points and respect from me, whatever that's worth.

This, indeed, is a compliment.