Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reasons To Remain Friendly After Rejection?

tincanman99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took all your advice and got my butt busy the last few weeks. Asked out 3 different women in addition to the one I was writing endlessly about. I crashed and burned but am ok with it. I have come to realize its not a big deal.

That being said all 3 of these women still want to be friendly with me.

When I was rejected I took it like a man, didnt get an attitude, didnt get bent - just took it all in stride. I realized that women will behave pretty much on how you behave. If you act weird, they will act weird.

Whats done is done is my thought but they want to be chatty with me. And that includes talking about other guys. I have seen a lot of guys saying to cut them off and never speak to them again. I dont really see a reason to do it personally.

So here is the question, is there really any reason to continue to be friendly with them?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You can stay friendly if you want details on the 2 new guys they just had unprotected sex with. Otherwise, best to vanish and make them wonder where you are instead.

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
You can stay friendly if you want details on the 2 new guys they just had unprotected sex with. Otherwise, best to vanish and make them wonder where you are instead.
Yupp. I mean, I guess this mainly applies with ex-girlfriends, not some girl who simply turned you down when you asked her out.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you truly enjoy their company and understand that you will never hook up with them, then by all means continue the friendship.

It might be helpful to use this opportunity to ask these women WHY they rejected you--it sounds like you are not coming off as a sexual being to them, and you should nip this in the bud rather than continuing to repeat past mistakes.

ELMER_GANTRY

Don Juan
Reaction score
tincanman99 said:
That being said all 3 of these women still want to be friendly with me.

They rejected you because they saw something in you/about you they didn't like. Why be friendly with 3 girls who rejected you and doesn't want to have anything to do with you?

Whats done is done is my thought but they want to be chatty with me. And that includes talking about other guys. I have seen a lot of guys saying to cut them off and never speak to them again. I dont really see a reason to do it personally.

Those guys are right. I'm going to tell you the same thing. you should cut them off. Why do you want to hear them talk other guys they find attractive and want to f***? Why do you want to hear them talk about things they will never consider doing with you? thats crazy. you're not their girlfriend...let then talk to their girlfriends about that stuff. Find a girl that will talk to YOU about the things she wants to do with you.

So here is the question, is there really any reason to continue to be friendly with them?
Why would you want to do that and subject yourself to that? you've been rejected by three of them. there is no need to be friendly with women that don't have any interest in you. Why put time and effort with women you can never have? Ignore them, move on, find a girl that wants you, and be a man!

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be friendly as in not whining ad making a scene like a sissy but I wouldn't really bother to be "friends" as in 'hey would you like to go bowling tonight, you can bring jeremy if you want' there will always be that awkwardness there at having been rejected and you both won't forget. not to mention you won't be content with it. it's best to just let them be and find other girls.

Todd Preston

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be smart...just shrug it off.

99% of the Chick population are dumb sheep...

IF you see her on the street...and make eye contact with them...wave and keep walking. No stopping to chat...no BS...just smile and walk away.
:wave:

IF you see her and she doesn't make eye contact...don't go out of the way to greet her. Just keep walking and ignore her....

As time passes,...you remember to ignore them completely....Her loss.

Move on...!

Make something of your life...and forget these losers.

Ringleader41

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no, you'll just fall for her again and end up back in that same hole you dug yourself in to before. She'll never like you back, so get over it.

sinnerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
being friends after rejection is a ploy of the ego. we feel like doing it coz there remains a hope that you might be able to attract her. you dont give two dimes abt the friendship to be honest. its like attempting covert action coz overt action failed.

its best to remain cordial & not burn bridges but you shouldnt be hanging out with them like ''friends''. a lil bit of flirting once in a while if she initiates contact is ok.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hot girls tend to know other hot girls

also im friendly with everyone, never occurs to me to cut anyone out really. i know a LOT of people

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be friendly. If you spread negative vibes, you'll get them in return, and you'll also develop a engative vibe around you.

If you're friendly and still greet her, you won't be considered as much of a creep than if you ignored her and sulked around like a b*tch.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO it really depends on how it all went down.

If you are hitting on a girl because you want to get with her or maybe you guys went out a few times, or maybe you even had sex, and then got rejected... you CAN be friendly and it shouldn't be a hard on your ego IF your expectations were kept IN CHECK from the outset. Meaning you were very practical and did not get emotionally invested prematurely.

I would agree when guys are infatuated with someone it is next to impossible to remain friends after rejection.

It really comes down to keeping the "frame" (yes that word again) and being in control of yourself early on.